What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith want Lyon

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Gronk said:
I think that Jamie's value is much higher than the $300k/year thats been (apparantly) offered by the Eels. After 13 rounds he's topping the point scoring in ESL and averaging 10.5 points per game.

=========================================

Top Pointscorers SUPER LEAGUE after 13 Rnds

Pts Player Breakdown Averages

136 Jamie Lyon (St Helens) 4t, 60g Avg: 10.46 (13 games)

123 Lee Briers (Warrington) 4t, 50g, 7fg Avg: 9.46 (13 games)

90 Kevin Sinfield (Leeds) 2t, 41g Avg: 10.00 (9 games)

==========================================

==========================================

Top Pointscorers NRL after 13 Rnds

Pts Player Breakdown Averages

162 Hazem El Masri (Bulldogs) 13t, 55/66g Avg: 13.50 (12 games)

126 Johnathan Thurston (Cowboys) 10t, 43/52g Avg: 11.45 (11 games)

121 Andrew Johns (Knights) 4t, 52/64g, 1fg Avg: 11.00 (11 games)

===========================================

If the report in the Australian is true and he's going to market then we may have to pay a whole bunch more for him than first thought. Worth the extra cash too IMHO.

Those stats don't show that Saints are scoring way more tries than any other team in the league though. If El Masri was playing for Saints then I'd say with confidence he would have gone past 200 by now. Lyon is probably kicking at about 70% but he's just as likely to miss from next to the posts as he is to knock it over from the sideline so goalkicking wouldn't bump up his price by much.

I really hope he signs on before June 30, if his manager would stop being such a greedy merkin I'm sure he would too.

Utey

Coach
strider said:
I don't want jamie back .... but in his defense, you don't rush into signing contracts for multiple years - and i'd imagine footy player contracts probably have a fair bit to them (alot of non-standard stuff) .... he's entitled to take a bit of time over it and make sure things are right.

I agree with you there, but in saying that. Why keep it in lingo? It should have been done and sealed by now.

strider

Post Whore
<UPtheEELS> said:
I agree with you there, but in saying that. Why keep it in lingo? It should have been done and sealed by now.
true - it seems to have dragged on .... altho MAYBE we just heard about it all too early (the forums are always alive with early rumours) - its only in the formal parts now

scottyeel

Bench
St Helens 56 Catalan Dragons 10
ST HELENS romped into the semi-finals of the Challenge Cup with a 10-try demolition overnight.

The favourite and runaway Super League leader powered to victory, with flying winger Ade Gardner grabbing a hat-trick of tries.

The Dragons actually started brightly in the searing sunshine, inspired by brilliant scrum-half Stacey Jones, and led 6-4 after 16 minutes to briefly threaten a shock.

But it crucially conceeded two tries in four minutes before half-time and wase over-run after the break as Saints cut loose, with Great Britain internationals Paul Wellens, Keiron Cunningham and Sean Long showing their class.

Centre Jamie Lyon cashed in with 20 points from a try and eight goals from 10 attempts

Stagger eel

Staff member
we've done everything humanly possible to entice him back to the club, we've drawn up a contract given it to Mimis and offered him what he wanted, if he knocks it back? tough, the club will and should move on, I was told as early as this morning that officials are still confident of a positive result.

let's see what happens.

bartman

Immortal
jayman said:
sunday and no announcment... surprise surpise
Don't forget the time difference... nine hours behind over here. It's only Sunday morning he'll still be sleeping off the celebration pints had after their win through the the challenge cup semi finals yesterday. Hardly had a chance to have a shower between the game and when Aussie Sunday papers go to print.

Give it time, but hopefully not much more time... as a club we can't wait right up until June 30, we've got others to retain or otherwise that need to be sorted out.

Avenger

Immortal
Could there be a delay because the Eels are also wanting to sign another player from England and announce it simultaneoulsy.

Eg - Solomona.

strider

Post Whore
Avenger said:
Could there be a delay because the Eels are also wanting to sign another player from England and annouce it simultaneoulsy.

Eg - Solomona.
where did u get this one from? - r u just guessing or u have some info?

Suitman

Post Whore
Kornstar said:
If his manager went all the way overseas with a contract, i am pretty sure he would sign, who would fly for 20 hours for no signature?

Maybe Mr Mimis has taken more than one contract with him??

Suity

bartman

Immortal
lucablight said:
Is Solo off contract?
Yes he is.

Mimi$ is a player manager, he'd be milking this trip out for a$ long a$ he can imo. But the flight is very long, and not something you can just turn around and get back on again without maybe a two week break inbetween?

strider

Post Whore
bartman said:
Yes he is.

Mimi$ is a player manager, he'd be milking this trip out for a$ long a$ he can imo. But the flight is very long, and not something you can just turn around and get back on again without maybe a two week break inbetween?

i think barty is on the $ :lol: