What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith want Lyon

Why all of the fuss?

He turned his back on this proud club and its proud fans.

How is all of this BS fair on other players, who are concerned with their playing futures? The guys that put in , day in/day out.

It will be a dark day for me, and a day of descision, if the little wuss ever puts on the glorious blue & gold colours again.

You have shown your true colours to me, and they are not blue & gold. DONT EVER COME BACK. I would sooner lose without you, and feel proud of the efforts made by the boys who are proud to play for "my" team PARRAMATTA.

Bazal

Post Whore
parralight said:
I AM SO SO SICK OF THIS CRAP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First he contacts the club and wants to sign - now he decides he wants to think it over.
I think fellow fans , we just had better get used to the fact that as everyday goes by the chances of getting Jamie back to Parra gets shorter.

I thought there was a deadline to all of this ???

So he stringes us along and we lose out in signing another marque player and he goes somewhere else. If this happens , HE will be hung by his short and curleys when he runs out next year with souths or manly or whoever he chooses.

Did it ever occur to you that perhaps he has signed, and given the clubs penchant for announcing signings in batches he has been asked not to say anything to the press? I have no idea if he will or won't sign but don't believe everything you read.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Bazal said:
Did it ever occur to you that perhaps he has signed, and given the clubs penchant for announcing signings in batches he has been asked not to say anything to the press? I have no idea if he will or won't sign but don't believe everything you read.

take it from me, if he signed than our management don't know it.

Bazal

Post Whore
eelavation said:
take it from me, if he signed than our management don't know it.
Not saying they do, heck the contract could be signed in Mimis' briefcase while he soaks up the sun in Ibiza. Or Lyon may have used it as dunny paper. My point was that it's foolish to believe everything you read when no one really knows what's going on....

Suitman

Post Whore
How about we all wait for his decision.

He is under no obligation to announce it at any time other than when he and the club are ready. All this speculation is rediculous.

Suity

parralight

Juniors
Bazal said:

Yes it occurred to me - and NO he hasnt already signed.

Bazal

Post Whore
parralight said:
Yes it occurred to me - and NO he hasnt already signed.

Well I'm glad you have spoken to Lyon himself and confirmed this for us all, so we can end all this speculation:roll:

strider

Post Whore
ummm - doesn't this from yesterday's UK sports news (posted by Bartman in another thread - http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=143110) indicate he has NOT already signed ...

http://www.superleague.co.uk/news/3302

Meanwhile, Lyon insists that no decision has yet been made about his future, despite reports emanating from Sydney that an announcement is imminent over a three-year deal thought to be worth £120,000 a season.

“It’s getting near but nothing has been decided as yet,” he said. “I’ve still got a few things to think about.

“We’re still talking - nothing has eventuated yet.”

jayman

Juniors
Suitman said:
How about we all wait for his decision.

He is under no obligation to announce it at any time other than when he and the club are ready. All this speculation is rediculous.

Suity

exactly...

but in saying that.. with all this media hype and talk.. ud think if lyons a no go for parra... that parramatta would be smart enough to let the fans know asap that he isnt coming to parramatta...

they would obvioulsy be aware of the talk in parra forums and communities about lyon and it would be club suicide to let it drag on to june 30th and let another club sign him and be left out in the cold with nothing to show for months of 'negotiations'

i dont think they would want the clubs name being thrown around with ideas of them getting used as leverage etc or lyon mis-using them again...

Stagger eel

Staff member
Bazal said:
Not saying they do, heck the contract could be signed in Mimis' briefcase while he soaks up the sun in Ibiza. Or Lyon may have used it as dunny paper. My point was that it's foolish to believe everything you read when no one really knows what's going on....

my comment wasn't based on what i read.

Bazal

Post Whore
eelavation said:
my comment wasn't based on what i read.

I know that. My comment wasn't aimed at you. As I said, who's to say that he hasn't signed already and the contract is flitting around with Mimis in his briefcase as we speak? And by the same token, who's to say he didn't wipe his backside with it? All I'm saying is that the only man who knows what is going on is Lyon himself, and all this speculation is kinda pointless and only serves to create arguments.

Bazal

Post Whore
strider said:
ummm - doesn't this from yesterday's UK sports news (posted by Bartman in another thread - http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=143110) indicate he has NOT already signed ...

Not really, all that indicates is that he SAYS he hasn't yet signed. The only man who knows for sure is Lyon himself, so why speculate and argue over what is essentially a non-issue given that no one really knows anything. That's all I'm saying.

strider

Post Whore
Bazal said:
Not really, all that indicates is that he SAYS he hasn't yet signed. The only man who knows for sure is Lyon himself, so why speculate and argue over what is essentially a non-issue given that no one really knows anything. That's all I'm saying.
ahhhhh - very true - he is a lying merkin after all :lol: :-#

parralight

Juniors
Bazal said:
Well I'm glad you have spoken to Lyon himself and confirmed this for us all, so we can end all this speculation:roll:

My comments were - Yes I had considered it and
NO he hasnt signed yet.

As for the last remark - No I havent spoken to the great man himself and of course I didnt say I had. :roll:

but I have conversed with someone at the club who is always on the money and he has told me that the club is still waiting.

Bazal

Post Whore
parralight said:
My comments were - Yes I had considered it and
NO he hasnt signed yet.

As for the last remark - No I havent spoken to the great man himself and of course I didnt say I had. :roll:

but I have conversed with someone at the club who is always on the money and he has told me that the club is still waiting.

And as I have now said three times, that doesn't mean anything in regards to his signing. The contract might be signed in Mimis' briefcase. Or it might be in a sewer somewhere. The fact is we don't know, so why bother speculating?

Latest posts