What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith won, ho hum.

I'm here. Sure Penrith won and good luck to them but I have to say that we lost the game rather than Penrith winning. Our handling was attrocious due to the wet and it was probably our worst performance of the year. We took some wrong options during that period in the 2nd half when we were getting on top. We'll be back better than ever next year but the question has to be asked will Penrith?

JJ

Immortal
Wow - that's gracious!!!

Penrith were superb, and have been all year. Clinton, Ross, Lang, Galavoa, Puleatua and Waterhouse completely outplayed their opposites, despit persistent high shots from Morely.

Why the hell wouldn't Penrith be better next year? They are the best team, and full of hugely talented youngsters

shadowboxer

First Grade
yeah you lost the game but penrith kicked your latte drinking ass.
Give credit where credit is due. To say that penrith wont be anywhere next year is like saying that gus gould is a coaching genius
Ill give it you though, youve got guts coming on here.

shadowboxer said:
yeah you lost the game but penrith kicked your latte drinking ass.
Give credit where credit is due. To say that penrith wont be anywhere next year is like saying that gus gould is a coaching genius
Ill give it you though, youve got guts coming on here.

Why don't you say something original you boring fool.
I will take nothing away from Penrith they played better than we did on the night, but as far as I'm concerned the Roosters are a better football team than Penrith. I guess we'll just have to prove it next year and we will! :D

shadowboxer

First Grade
call me a fool. Your the only fool with egg on your face my claytons friend. You will be ridiculed from pillar to post, your fans will walk away and back to the RAH RAHS and your team will as always be a known as a pack of over rated pretty boys. Your team played well all year and how great is that you guys came second. Remember 1999, where is Parramatta now. Difference most felt sorry for Parra whereas all of sydney will wake this morning with a smile.

Enjoy your luke warm latte with a twist of lemon, fool.......

Why will I have egg on my face? The Roosters are still a great club and will continue to be so. We faced a lot more adversity through the season than most clubs and we still made the grand final. We will provide 5 or 6 players to the Australian team and next year we will be the favourites for the premiership. The morons will be happy that the Roosters lost last night but the best part of it is that our resolve will be strengthened and knowing Ricky Stuart and the Easts players we will be even more determined to win the comp next year! I am proud of my team and I couldn't give a rat's arse what the small minded cretins say. Easts will be back next season better than ever, better believe it. :D

shadowboxer

First Grade
keep reassuring yourself. Keep telling yourself it will be alright, book a good therapist for the off season cogburn

Kiwi

First Grade
Good to see RC still claim the Roosters are the greatest blah blah blah.

They got out played it's that simple. When other teams make mistakes, force passes and take bad options against the Roosters we hear it's because of the Roosters defense, the Roosters made them do it. Well guess what, the Panthers made the Roosters do it with BETTER defense. The Panthers OUTPLAYED the Roosters all over the park and smashed the Roosters out of the game.

If Byrne scores we win, Byrne didn't and Penrith went on with it. Good luck to them but to say that the Penrith forwards smashed us is just rubbish. Penrith beat us because they played better wet weather footy. If it was a dry night Easts would've won, I have no doubts about that.

yappy

Bench
If it was a dry night Easts would've won, I have no doubts about that.

Yeah and if your Nanna had a dong she'd be your Pop.

Sure Penrith won and good luck to them but I have to say that we lost the game rather than Penrith winning.

Crap. The chooks were almost as awesome as the Panthers. Both sides belted each other for the 80, and there were several telling moments.

I said when Penrith were packing down for that scrum 10 out (at 6 all) that it was the Grand Final set of six. If Penrith scores they win, if the Roosters hold em out they'd probably get over the top. After another amazing defencive set Byrne picks it up and sprints away, and I'm thinking "bad luck Penrith", but Satts ignites a rocket up his arse and saves the day. Still the Panthers had to come up with some equally desperate defence in the second when it looked like the Roosters were building up to smash them.

The Roosters had their chances and played great. Penrith took their chances and played better. That's why it was a Grand Final that will be long remembered. No shame in losing last night.

chileman

Coach
The kicking by the Roosters was atrocious.......Luke Dorn should improve your kicking next season :lol:

Anonymous

Juniors
Rooster Cogburn. said:
...I have to say that we lost the game rather than Penrith winning. Our handling was attrocious due to the wet...
LOL... it takes all kinds.
RC, are you sure you didnt watch a different match? :lol:

The Roosters were not the better team and they didn't lose the match - Penrith outplayed them in defence and scored three tries to one.
And something which may have slipped past you about the weather... both sides were playing on the same footy pitch.

The best team of 2003 was Penrith - they won the minor premiership and the grand final... it doesn't get anymore definite than that.

The Roosters came second.

Willow said:
Rooster Cogburn. said:
...I have to say that we lost the game rather than Penrith winning. Our handling was attrocious due to the wet...
LOL... it takes all kinds.
RC, are you sure you didnt watch a different match? :lol:

The Roosters were not the better team and they didn't lose the match - Penrith outplayed them in defence and scored three tries to one.
And something which may have slipped past you about the weather... both sides were playing on the same footy pitch.

The best team of 2003 was Penrith - they won the minor premiership and the grand final... it doesn't get anymore definite than that.

The Roosters came second.

When did I say that Easts were the better team last night?

Anonymous

Juniors
2003 will be known for 1 thing RC, Penrith. Not how it rained on GF night and Penrith played better wet weather footy. Its all bullshit.

Penrith were the best team in 2003, as proven by them last night.

Latest posts