What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith won, ho hum.

Kirk_Reynoldson said:
2003 will be known for 1 thing RC, Penrith. Not how it rained on GF night and Penrith played better wet weather footy. Its all bullsh*t.

Penrith were the best team in 2003, as proven by them last night.

I agree that Penrith were the best team last night but I don't agree that Penrith were the best team all year. They had a dream run with hardly any injuries and the rep season didn't effect them. Winning the minor premiership doesn't necessarally mean that you're the best. Look at Souths in 89 or Cronulla in 99. As I said Penrith were better last night but Easts are still a better footy team than them.

Doctor

Bench
I have to say that we lost the game rather than Penrith winning
I will take nothing away from Penrith they played better than we did on the night
We were beaten fair and square.

Am I the only one, or do these three posts seem to contradict each other. So am I right in suggesting you think the Roosters played poorly, but you're taking "nothing" away from Penrith, but you were beaten fair and square.

Need I continue, or should I tack on a quote by John Renmerde who once said:
"When one find's oneself in a hole of one's own making, it is a good time to examine the quality of the workmanship."

As for this:
We faced a lot more adversity through the season than most clubs and we still made the grand final

Nice try, but no-one will fall for the 'facing adversity' line. How about you talk to Panthers fans who will tell you all about getting the wooden spoon two years ago, being told by many 'experts' they were destined for the spoon again this year, being told they couldn't survive in the finals, then being told the fact they made the Grand Final was "unexpected", then having the Roosters as massive favourites - yet they made poultry of your arrogant side, they outperformed and out-smarted the Roosters, and if anything overcame bucket loads more than the Roosters will ever face.

If anything the Panthers overcame great adversity. Furthermore the only adversity the Roosters might have faced is having to face the fact that not even a hand-picked bunch of players can overcome pride and passion for the west of Sydney on the night.

I'll leave you with this:
"History is a vast early warning system."
-Norman Cousins

Knights 1997 and 2001 - massive underdogs who overcame the number one side all season to beat them against all odds.

Sounds familiar.......

Evilgrowler

First Grade
Unbelievable. You can't even take a loss graciously. The Roosters lost because the Panthers had their measure. Panthers dropped a lot of ball too in case you didn't notice and obviously you didn't.

Take your lumps junior.

Let's see how Penrith goes when they have to provide 5 or 6 players during Origin and the rest of the rep season and they have 3 or 4 players carrying injuries for weeks on end who have to rely on painkilling injections to get them through. Also every team will be gunning for them in every match they play next year. I'll predict right now that Penrith won't make the 8 in season 2004. Feel free to re-post this when the 8 is finalised at the end of the 2004 season.

Evilgrowler

First Grade
Pull your head in mate. As a Broncos supporter, we have to put up with 10 or 11 players backing up and injured. It's not an excuse I use. You lost. Accept it. You've had 4 good years making the Grand Final 3 of those 4 years.

Have a cuppa and some bikkies and relax.

Zoidberg

First Grade
This Roosters (and others i'm sure) sound exactly like Parramatta fans in 2001, "oh yeah we layed shit tonight, but we'll win next year definently"
Three points.
1-2001 and 2003 the better team won on the night (better team all year for the Panthers), the opposition played as well as they were allowed, they made no more mistakes than usual, they were just made to pay for them all.
2-Overconfident attitudes suck
3-Hopefully the roosters take the same path as parramatta,

Evilgrowler said:
Pull your head in mate. As a Broncos supporter, we have to put up with 10 or 11 players backing up and injured. It's not an excuse I use. You lost. Accept it. You've had 4 good years making the Grand Final 3 of those 4 years.

Have a cuppa and some bikkies and relax.

Who's making excuses? I'm just pointing out the fact that Penrith had no interuptions to their season. Next year they will, let's see how they handle it.

Evilgrowler

First Grade
Rooster Cogburn. said:
Let's see how Penrith goes when they have to provide 5 or 6 players during Origin and the rest of the rep season and they have 3 or 4 players carrying injuries for weeks on end who have to rely on painkilling injections to get them through.

If this isn't a disgruntled fan making excuses for his team, then I don't know what is.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Zoidberg said:
This Roosters (and others i'm sure) sound exactly like Parramatta fans in 2001, "oh yeah we layed sh*t tonight, but we'll win next year definently"
Three points.
1-2001 and 2003 the better team won on the night (better team all year for the Panthers), the opposition played as well as they were allowed, they made no more mistakes than usual, they were just made to pay for them all.
2-Overconfident attitudes suck
3-Hopefully the roosters take the same path as parramatta,

Like Joey's over confidence in the 2000 major semi against the Roosters :roll: yelling & screaming at half time!!

2001 is still remembed as Parra 's year regardless of the GF loss!!!

Chook

First Grade
Just suck it up and shut up RC. We lost the Grand Final, deal with it!

Chook.

Caged Panther

First Grade
Oh boo hoo hoo. You overcame missing 7 players during the origin series, you had all these wonderful players injured, you had all these wonderful players playing with painkilling injections.

Facts are if you're good enough your good enough inspite of all those problem and the facts are the roosters weren't good enough. And yet again the roosters still can't beat the panthers the only difference now is we're not cellar dwellars. :lol: :lol: :lol:

And if I sound like a sore loser I don't give a rats, rc is obviously a sore loser. 8)

Chook said:
Just suck it up and shut up RC. We lost the Grand Final, deal with it!

Chook.

I'll say what I damn well like. I'm not belittling Penrith, good luck to them but I won't tolerate small minded morons who continually put shiit on the Roosters! Deal with it.

Chook

First Grade
Fine RC, but YOU stop belittleing our side by making pathetic excuses why we lost. You're starting to sound like an Integral supporter!

Chook.

Punk

Juniors
Rooster Cogburn. said:
Why don't you say something original you boring fool.
I will take nothing away from Penrith they played better than we did on the night, but as far as I'm concerned the Roosters are a better football team than Penrith. I guess we'll just have to prove it next year and we will! :D

Played 3 - Penrith won twice, Roosters won once.
Penrith finished above the Roosters on the ladder.
Penrith were minor premiers.
Penrith won the Grand Final.

What does this prove?
That the Panthers are a better football team than the Roosters.

Auckland4ever

Juniors
I cant see how anyone could possibly say Sydney City lost that game, rather than Penrith winning it. The Roosters were "out-Roostered". Penrith's defence was relentless & Sydney City couldnt cope with the pressure. The same thing happened to the Warriors last week.
You cant blame the conditions, as both teams had to deal with them, its just part of the game.
I know being a fan is all about being fanatical for your team, but there are times when you have to show a bit of dignity & give credit where its due. Otherwise following a sport stops being fun.

JJ

Immortal
This is all rubbish - get over it...

Everyone has a sob story...

89 Souths - Roberts etc all injured, Balmain were best side, but Canberra won.
90 - Penrith were unlucky etc etc etc

YAWN - The Roosters were outplayed in every facet last night. Attack, defense, ball security, kicking, and coaching.

They had a guy on the bench (Lomu) who the coach apparently had no confidence in, a half who the coach has limited confidence in (despit his rhetoric in the press).

As someone pointed out - who finished higher in the ladder, who won 2/3 clashes, and who won the one that counts????

Also, who is laden with their OWN juniors and people no-one else wanted?? Who's reserve grade team made the GF - the future looks rosy I would suggest.

Agent Mulder

Bench
RC you have nothing mate.
You were outplayed and smashed all over the park like Parramatta were in 2001.

All the s*it you give other teams is coming back and biting you on the arse.

Just shut up and slip some more of your latte.

Kaz

junior
Rooster Cogburn. said:
I'm here. Sure Penrith won and good luck to them but I have to say that we lost the game rather than Penrith winning. Our handling was attrocious due to the wet and it was probably our worst performance of the year. We took some wrong options during that period in the 2nd half when we were getting on top. We'll be back better than ever next year but the question has to be asked will Penrith?

Penrith were playing in the same conditions as the Roosters.

The Chooks did take the wrong options because they started to worry, as they thought they would be in-front by about 12+ points. And because of the way the Panthers were playing

I knew the Panthers would win the GF after the way they came back in the Semi Final against my team the Broncos.

Full Credit to the Panthers on a FANTASTIC win.