What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Penrith

hineyrulz

Post Whore
That says more about you than them.
dave chappelle slap GIF

Munky

Coach
Penrith have had a remarkable run with injuries for three straight seasons.

It was going to catch up with the club eventually.

I'll take the two major and minor premierships in that time.

Wb1234

Referee
Been funny seeing people writing off Penrith

sure the loss of kikau and korisau will test them but they’ve made 3 straight gf

whose going to seriously challenge them ?

storm look average, roosters, sharks and south’s maybe

it’s still theirs to lose

Wizardman

First Grade
To write Penrith off based on one game is absolutely stupid.

I was the original poster of this thread. I think I made this thread 4 to 6 weeks into the season thinking that they were going to be super tough to beat for the rest of 2022 injuries permitting.

There are simply no like-for-like replacements for Api and Kikau in their roster......not yet anyway. How Penrith cover those two spots will be a major factor for them this year.

The writing off Garner and Hosking has happened already. Garner with his hole running style is obviously going to take time to get combinations right. Hosking looked bloody promising for the Broncos last year.......both have some sort of upside in them.

The hooker spot looks a bit bleak. Very interested to see what they do there. All the contenders seem to have their major weakness in them.

They will challenge....but Im unsure if they will have the same total utter dominance. As a poster said, they have had some fortune with injuries over this period.

sure the loss of kikau and korisau will test them but they’ve made 3 straight gf

whose going to seriously challenge them ?

storm look average, roosters, sharks and south’s maybe

Yeah, I think they are short one cylinder compared with recent sides, but should still make it through.

Im not expecting as many wins or wins in a row etc, they will be down in all facets, but they come from such a position of strength, they can afford a few hiccups.

In my lifetime, I’ve never seen such dominance wins/loss etc last few years.

And their r&r have so far threaded that needle.

It will be interesting to see what causes their eventual demise as giants of contemporary footy. Injuries, retaining the wrong players, depth, off felid incidents, loss of form, coaching changes etc

This Fifita business, I guess Ivan can lift him past 10 minutes?!

When you think about it, a hell of a lot can go wrong in trying to maintain such high standards.

They could go another 2 years of smug, that really wouldn’t surprise me.

Last edited:

Wb1234

Referee
Yeah, I think they are short one cylinder compared with recent sides, but should still make it through.

Im not expecting as many wins or wins in a row etc, they will be down in all facets, but they come from such a position of strength, they can afford a few hiccups.

In my lifetime, I’ve never seen such dominance wins/loss etc last few years.

And their r&r have so far threaded that needle.

It will be interesting to see what causes their eventual demise as giants of contemporary footy. Injuries, retaining the wrong players, depth, off felid incidents, loss of form, coaching changes etc

This Fifita business, I guess Ivan can lift him past 10 minutes?!

When you think about it, a hell of a lot can go wrong in trying to maintain such high standards.

They could go another 2 years of smug, that really wouldn’t surprise me.
They have managed their salary cap pretty well and still have a stack of good juniors to fill in the gaps

They have managed their salary cap pretty well and still have a stack of good juniors to fill in the gaps
They got it right for last year and still have the juniors but there’s still a lot of transition with coaching etc.

Ivan loses some coaching talent, so he’s going to be busier I think.

But given a choice, you’d want Ivan over ciraldo.

Looks like ciraldo has a bit to do. No way Gus can create another Smug powerhouse at Belmore.

The absence of the Api effect is a challenge for the Panthers for a few years. Strong team guy as well.

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade
Mate... You can love your team and call out shitty behaviour of your teams players. That doesn't diminish your support.

Jerome appropriating african american culture is vile. He is an ignorant buffoon that has no understanding of the history of the N-slur and it is terrible to use it in any case, especially in public. Of course he wouldn't be game to do so in the hoods of Detroit - they'd beat his arse.
He’d never go there.
Got those snitch genes in him.

10$ Ferret

Staff member

They will miss Korisau, but Kikau was a show pony and they will replace him very easily

mxlegend99

Referee
They will miss Korisau, but Kikau was a show pony and they will replace him very easily
Garner on the weekend did SFA at left second row. 23 tackles with a 79% efficiency and 3 runs for 27m gained.

Hoskings looks like a good effective workhorse than can do a decent job replacing him. But no one is going to create the same space Kikau did purely through being on the field.

He was heavily marked which made his job harder but everyone elses job easier.