What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Penrith

mongoose

Coach
Not trying to discredit the smug but it's such a soft comp this year. That was the worst Storm team in many years and they still made a prelim final.

Steel Saints

Juniors
Not trying to discredit the smug but it's such a soft comp this year. That was the worst Storm team in many years and they still made a prelim final.

They did lose a few experienced forwards to the Dolphins, plus the injuries to Paps.

I also think the comp is still effected from Covid. In 2020 and 2021, the lower grades were barely playing any football and it might have impacted on the development of young players coming through.

Wb1234

Referee
They did lose a few experienced forwards to the Dolphins, plus the injuries to Paps.

I also think the comp is still effected from Covid. In 2020 and 2021, the lower grades were barely playing any football and it might have impacted on the development of young players coming through.
Brandon smith was a huge loss

Perth Red

Post Whore

In 2 seasons
Finucane
Ado-carr
Hynes
J Bromwich
K Bromwich
Kaufusi
B Smith

and paps

considering the dross we’ve brought in in the forwards to replace that talent and have the worse defensive centres in the game I’m amazed we came third tbh.

panthers will be dragged back to pack as they get stripped of talent and other teams figure out how to beat their smothering defence (second phase play anyone? Offside referees ? ) Stanley Kubrick out on the wing had been one of the few good signings we’ve made.

Wb1234

Referee
In 2 seasons
Finucane
Ado-carr
Hynes
J Bromwich
K Bromwich
Kaufusi
B Smith

and paps

considering the dross we’ve brought in in the forwards to replace that talent and have the worse defensive centres in the game I’m amazed we came third tbh.

panthers will be dragged back to pack as they get stripped of talent and other teams figure out how to beat their smothering defence (second phase play anyone? Offside referees ? ) Stanley Kubrick out on the wing had been one of the few good signings we’ve made.
Panthers have a core of players who can get them to the top four every year with a decent run with injuries

Cleary edwards Martin yeo

Pjf04b

Juniors
Not an excuse! Penrith have lost Burton, Capewell, Momirovski, Kikau, Korisau, Staines, May, Naden, O’Sullivan, Salmon, plus juniors such as Katoa, the Peru‘s, May, etc over the past 3 years, but still No. 1! Only 3 of last nights 17 have played for another NRL team.
Other teams have had 4 years to figure them out but still haven’t because they have evolved from year to year.

Iamback

Coach
Panthers have a core of players who can get them to the top four every year with a decent run with injuries

Cleary edwards Martin yeo

Daine Laurie is coming back but I will still count him as gone in this:

Laurie
Staines
Crichton
Jennings
Naden
Burton
Katoa

Api

Kikau
Capewell
Hopgood

Puru
Spencer next year
Teague

Almost a full side either going or has played FG this season for other clubs..

The cap is doing its job but so is player development

Wb1234

Referee
Daine Laurie is coming back but I will still count him as gone in this:

Laurie
Staines
Crichton
Jennings
Naden
Burton
Katoa

Api

Kikau
Capewell
Hopgood

Puru
Spencer next year
Teague

Almost a full side either going or has played FG this season for other clubs..

The cap is doing its job but so is player development
Tylan Mae as a budget replacement for chriton

In 2 seasons
Finucane
Ado-carr
Hynes
J Bromwich
K Bromwich
Kaufusi
B Smith

and paps

I do agree about the Storm. Obviously the memory of the scandal lingers but now almost a decade and a half ago. But today they are obviously playing by the cap rules and have been hit hard by losses; if you go back three years you can add Cam smith, Tino and Vunivalu to the list. To put into context I looked at their list for the game last night earlier in the week, and less than half the players had been in a prelim before (despite their last prelim being 24 months ago). I have a lot of respect for the Storm.

GongPanther

Referee
He's kinda kissed on the dick job opportunity wise just like Trent Barrett.

Panthers won the Under 20s grand final one year with Garth Brennan.
They missed the top 8 the following year under Trent Barrett.
The year after that back to winning a grand final under Cameron Ciraldo.

Trent Barrett failed with the biggest junior nursery in the competition. Somehow gets a run at manly. Fails miserably. Then somehow gets another run at Bulldogs where he failed miserably.

In between he picks up assistant coach jobs easily.
Years ago if you were shit at your job, you studied for something else or did something different.

Latest posts