What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Penrith

BunniesMan

Immortal
Penrith players are ruining the comp by too many of them selfishly taking unders to stay at Penrith. I would go as far as saying the NRL has to make a rule where a club is forced to pay players their market value which is what any other team has offered.

If they don't have the cap for it, they can't register the player and he has to go to the club that did offer better.

Kilkenny

Coach
Penrith players are ruining the comp by too many of them selfishly taking unders to stay at Penrith. I would go as far as saying the NRL has to make a rule where a club is forced to pay players their market value which is what any other team has offered.

If they don't have the cap for it, they can't register the player and he has to go to the club that did offer better.
That’s just not true Bunnies Man.

We’ve lived the salary cap pain.

Have a look at the sides we’ve put out this past four seasons it demonstrates salary cap pain.

2024 Crichton and Lenui amongst others moving on.

12 of our starting 13 against the Storm debuted with our club along with two off our bench players. 15 of 17 that’s where our success lies.

The two players most likely to step up in 2024 to replace Crichton and Lenui also local juniors. May and Henry.

Last edited:

soc123_au

Staff member

Other teams are ruining the comp by being shit. Broncos are having a crack as are the Warriors. Storm have held there own for or better pretty much since entering the comp.

Get good.

Kilkenny

Coach

Your club simply aren’t managing your salary cap in an cost effective manner.

Paying far too much for Damien Cook, Cody Walker both on the wrong side of thirty and your big recruit in Jack Weighton likewise will be 31 years young by the start of season 2024. All the while paying huge bucks for Latrell who should be playing in the centres where he is best suited because he is an awful fullback.

Glass houses, don’t throw stones. Your window is gone and it has nothing to do with the Panthers, your club has mad3 some very poor recruitment and retention decisions it is that simple.

MugaB

Coach

That sounds like lattrel Mitchel will be getting paid massive overs, due to the wests tigers offering that monster deal he turned down to play for bunnies on unders, and dont forget simple jack wighton, he is not on market value, best be returning him to Canberra, you all are spiteful coz the juniors at Penrith are flourishing in first grade as they do their roles, while all other clubs are so reliant on proping themselves up with "marquees" Mercs' and "also rans" from clubs that dont want their fringe rookies, or are too quick to blood them and end up burning them...
Penrith are keeping their cream, and you're all buying the rest... you can't make up any rule to suit the narrative, whenaclub like souths buys guys on unders "effectively rorting" versus Penrith keeping players brought up in thier own systems/pathways for less before going to market... and the players who go to market like kikau, cogger, salmon, api, critta and leniu good luck to them, earn what you deserve, you know you can stay so go to market

mxlegend99

Referee
School holidays and they wanna say its unemployment driving up the crowd to a fan day? Couldn't possibly be good parenting, or having good grand parents, or friends etc. going in groups.

My kids went with their grand parents. Souths and Bulldogs supporters but my boys wanted to go and they gladly took them.

Iamback

Coach
School holidays and they wanna say its unemployment driving up the crowd to a fan day? Couldn't possibly be good parenting, or having good grand parents, or friends etc. going in groups.

My kids went with their grand parents. Souths and Bulldogs supporters but my boys wanted to go and they gladly took them.

I have been saying for years, how young our fan base is. Just another example

Latest posts