What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Penrith

Wizardman

First Grade
The NRL has to look at the salary cap to stop this. Because right now if Penrith players keep taking unders they will win next year and the year after with no end in sight to this dominance which is bad for the game.

The NRL must make a rule saying a player's club must pay him his market value. If you have another club wanting a bloke for a million a year then sure he has freedom and he can stay at his club out of loyalty. BUT that club must now pay him a million a year.
Seriously, f**k off with that idea. If players want to take unders to stay with a successful club, good luck to them. Quite a few Panthers have left because they have wanted that bigger payday.....good luck to those guys as well.

Penrith have run their club within the rules of the game and keep churning out local juniors to replace them. I admire that way more than a few clubs I know who try to buy their way to a title. Not Penrith's fault that Souths juniors production line has not produced a lot of fruit for the past few years.

soc123_au

Staff member
The NRL has to look at the salary cap to stop this. Because right now if Penrith players keep taking unders they will win next year and the year after with no end in sight to this dominance which is bad for the game.

The NRL must make a rule saying a player's club must pay him his market value. If you have another club wanting a bloke for a million a year then sure he has freedom and he can stay at his club out of loyalty. BUT that club must now pay him a million a year.
Ha ha, not one of your best efforts, you are losing your mojo mate. A bit like your team.

Diesel

Referee

Panthers are developing their own players, not getting players moving from Canberra for unders

Genuine question from a long time leaguie but forum newbie - if DCE could swap the 3 shields he's won in the last 4 years for Nathan's 3 rings over the same period, would he?

Wizardman

First Grade
Genuine question from a long time leaguie but forum newbie - if DCE could swap the 3 shields he's won in the last 4 years for Nathan's 3 rings over the same period, would he?
Deep down in DCE's own heart, I'd say yes. From a fans perspective, Qld fans certainly look at Origin in a different light to what NSW fans do....that is without doubt.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
The Panthers win will only encourage even more young people to take up our great game and killing off other sports in Western Sydney and beyond

I seem to recall the media about 10-11 years hyping up other sports like AFL and Soccer because of the new teams in the competitions and that more kids will play those sports over RL and mothers are worried about their sons playing such a rough sport. Of course a lot of diehard fans didnt buy that BS but the media keep hyping other sports that would potentially 'take over the west'. Then someone went in there to fix the club and identify the talent coming through.

Now look whats happened. 3 in a row, potentially 4. I see there are more clubs produced in the Penrith Junior RL.

t-ba

Post Whore
I seem to recall the media about 10-11 years hyping up other sports like AFL and Soccer because of the new teams in the competitions and that more kids will play those sports over RL and mothers are worried about their sons playing such a rough sport. Of course a lot of diehard fans didnt buy that BS but the media keep hyping other sports that would potentially 'take over the west'. Then someone went in there to fix the club and identify the talent coming through.

Now look whats happened. 3 in a row, potentially 4. I see there are more clubs produced in the Penrith Junior RL.

The media by and large are products of schools where league has (historically at least) been looked down upon.

Like I didn't go to a private school but I did go to a very fancy public school and institutionally it had a pathological hatred of league.

In hindsight this was largely wishcasting.

Deep down in DCE's own heart, I'd say yes.

Yea that makes sense. I did wonder, given the pedestal Origin sits on, whether either of them would be genuinely torn if given the opportunity to swap but yep, personally I’d take the rings too.

Really feel for Reynolds. That’s now 2 in 3 years the poor bugger has dropped at the death to the same team. And given how both are shaping up for next year, there’s a reasonable chance it could happen again.

King-Gutho94

Coach

GWS & Western Sydney Wanderers came into there respective competitions in 2012.

Parramatta were coming last and Penrith were 2nd last.

Thankfully for the NRL 11 years on both teams have got there shit together well Penrith have anyway.

Parramatta have at least removed the toxic element of politics that was ruining the joint. They just need to get more rugby league smart on how to do things. And lift themselves up to the standard Penrith have now set.

Wb1234

Immortal
GWS & Western Sydney Wanderers came into there respective competitions in 2012.

Parramatta were coming last and Penrith were 2nd last.

Thankfully for the NRL 11 years on both teams have got there shit together well Penrith have anyway.

Parramatta have at least removed the toxic element of politics that was ruining the joint. They just need to get more rugby league smart on how to do things. And lift themselves up to the standard Penrith have now set.
Get rid of mark O’Neill

let Arthur make hiring decisions