What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Penrith

roofromoz

First Grade
Enjoying the ride at the moment, but still a long way to go. Still quite anxious that it could go all arse up at the business end again.

Quicksilver

Bench
people don't know how bad the smug can get, wait till they actually win a premiership and this man starts taking credit
Phil-Gould-web.jpg

Gus spelled backwards is Sug.

Mmmmmm

mozza91

Coach
Very good side. Great example of what investing heavily in juniors can do for your club.

The way Luai and Crichton carry on is annoying though. Overconfidence can come back and bite you on the ass.

It's a long season .
2005 Cows beaten in GF
2006 start season on fire ...win first 6 games ..look unbeatable ...touted as Grand finalists for sure .
September ..miss the top 8 .

It's nice to get a great start to the season ....but a long long way to go to Finals

Tommy Smith

Referee
They've only played two bad games in the last year - the Prelim against a depleted Souths, and the GF.

It should be a cautionary tail for this young bunch who paid for their hubris when pummelled by the Storm, but appear to have learned no lessons.

To be sure, they're a great young team. But they've also achieved nothing yet. It's Premierships or bust when you're this good. And as someone said they've had everything go their way for 12 months now, including 2014 Souths like penalty counts.

How much longer will that hold? I for one wouldn't be shocked to see Souths, Storm or Raiders get them in a Prelim. I mean the Raiders with their forward pack are the last team I'd want to make feel vengeful.

So it'll be interesting to see how they go in the only few games that'll matter to them - the finals. Because they choked hard last year which means even more pressure this year.

Smug Panther

First Grade
They've only played two bad games in the last year - the Prelim against a depleted Souths, and the GF.

It should be a cautionary tail for this young bunch who paid for their hubris when pummelled by the Storm, but appear to have learned no lessons.

To be sure, they're a great young team. But they've also achieved nothing yet. It's Premierships or bust when you're this good. And as someone said they've had everything go their way for 12 months now, including 2014 Souths like penalty counts.

How much longer will that hold? I for one wouldn't be shocked to see Souths, Storm or Raiders get them in a Prelim. I mean the Raiders with their forward pack are the last team I'd want to make feel vengeful.

So it'll be interesting to see how they go in the only few games that'll matter to them - the finals. Because they choked hard last year which means even more pressure this year.

Our fitness wins penalty counts

Valheru

Coach
They have played the golden trio as well as storm and raiders (both at home).

They are one of the 6 teams who can win the comp and nothing more than that at this stage.

This isn't an 18 game sprint like post COVID 2020, this is a 24 game slog with origin wedged in the middle. Their true tests are ahead of them.

nick87

Coach
This will sound silly given the game, but if we played them in the finals (and we managed to some how avoid absolute chaos through a HIA/injury in game) i think we've got a pack capable of giving them all they ask for
I dont know if our backs are good enough to capitolise on it, but i'd actually feel pretty confident that if we played them in a knock out game, we could beat them if we played to our best.

We'd be underdogs, and rightfully so. But i dont think the panthers are some unbeatable juggernaut that cant be stopped. There is 3-4 teams who on their day are going to have a good chance to cause an upset

84 Baby

Referee
people don't know how bad the smug can get, wait till they actually win a premiership and this man starts taking credit
Phil-Gould-web.jpg
You mean he hasn’t even STARTED taking credit? I guess he’s still got the story of how he set the mood between Chinry Snr and ChinMum that fateful night

Valheru

Coach
This will sound silly given the game, but if we played them in the finals (and we managed to some how avoid absolute chaos through a HIA/injury in game) i think we've got a pack capable of giving them all they ask for
I dont know if our backs are good enough to capitolise on it, but i'd actually feel pretty confident that if we played them in a knock out game, we could beat them if we played to our best.

Not silly at all.

Up until that penalty that was never a penalty, the raiders pack was all over them and Penrith looked flustered to be in the trenches.

Storm played them in the same manner and probably should have won.

As a roosters fan I believe we have a pack capable of giving it to them. Whether we have enough points without keary to win remains to be seen.

Souths will give them all they can handle and parra are very capable as well.