What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Penrith

Perth Red

Post Whore
Must admit I was only half watching the game late last night. Did Cleary do much to earn that medal? I saw him get run over for a try and put up a lot of kicks. Did he actually create anything or are we giving medals for bombs now?

mxlegend99

Referee
Must admit I was only half watching the game late last night. Did Cleary do much to earn that medal? I saw him get run over for a try and put up a lot of kicks. Did he actually create anything or are we giving medals for bombs now?
Cleary controlled the game with his boot. His side was busted and knew we had to win in a defensive grinding match. His kicking game and game management was inch perfect.

5 drop outs forced. Souths basically started every set off on their line which made defending them a hell of a lot easier and reduced the amount of attacking ball Souths had.

The final result also came down to goal kicking. Nathan nailed a sideline conversion. Reynolds missed his. His game wasn't flashy or anything if that's what you expected. But take him out and Panthers don't win.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I dunno if he was the best, but he certainly controlled the game like a 15-year pro. Do they win with a lesser half? Very likely no.

Having said that, I thought the shove on Walker after the intercept should be a black mark on him. That was mud.

Smug Panther

First Grade
I dunno if he was the best, but he certainly controlled the game like a 15-year pro. Do they win with a lesser half? Very likely no.

Having said that, I thought the shove on Walker after the intercept should be a black mark on him. That was mud.
It's Walker who's a known deadshit, who know what he had said during the game.

mxlegend99

Referee

Walker is a grubby POS. Giving shit to grubs is fine. They give it so they can cop it too. In our previous win over Souths Walker was working Cleary over on the ground and grinding his elbow in his face.

Just as it's fine for opponents to get stuck into Luai. Do grubby shit and you need to expect it to be thrown in your face when you screw up. Which everyone does eventually.

Walker is a grubby POS. Giving shit to grubs is fine. They give it so they can cop it too. In our previous win over Souths Walker was working Cleary over on the ground and grinding his elbow in his face.

Just as it's fine for opponents to get stuck into Luai. Do grubby shit and you need to expect it to be thrown in your face when you screw up. Which everyone does eventually.

Walker really delivered in yet another big game. Pity it helped his opponents more so than his own team.

Souths aren't even close without Walker. Yeah he pushed his hand in too far. But thems the breaks sometimes.
I think Walker played well and kept Souths in it; pity for him he threw the intercept. Doesn't deserve to be tarred for that play.

He is all elbows though when he is tackling, and like a chat when he's on top; I'm sure Nathan was probably reminding him of some of the chat he had received during the game. It isn't usually Nath's bag to get involved in the talk...