What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Penrith

Chippy73

Bench
My Penny Panthers reminded me a bit of a key aspect of Manly’s play a decade and more back and that is the ability to beat a strong opponent into submission just when they start believing they are in the game with a decent crack at winning.

The Bunnies looked shell-shocked and demoralized when the Pennies went on a defensive rampage.
Occasionally there is a diamond of insight amidst your ramblings.

Pretty Penny

Juniors
Thanks Chippy. you are a star mate. Yes, to be 0-12 down and for the Penny Panthers to come back and almost bitch slap South into submission was AMAZING.

By the end of the game, South were hiding in the corner, smacked into submission, like Andrew the Giant used to dispose of the dwarfs.

I almost felt sorry for Mansour, and the late great Latrell Mitchell who was exposed as a scared little boy too intimidated catch Clearys high balls.

Souths wont get any where near us for the rest of the season

I wont be surprised if when we have to play Souths in the finals, they are too scared to turn up or are shaking at their knees at the very sight of our wonderful powerful Penny Panthers.

God Bless Us!

And we will do the same to Cam Munster the grub and the cheating lying Melbourne Storm who are the real villains of all of Sydney and NSW

We will send them back down to Mexico and make their communists politicians in Daniel Andrews and his mob wish they never ever have to leave Bleak City ever again.

Last edited:

Pretty Penny

Juniors
Brian To'o is the best winger in Rugby League history.

He is playing on the best team in Rugby League history.

We will smash like Hulk and Thor

WE are everything you want to be.

I laugh at Cam Munster the grub and the cheating Storm, they are so over rated.

The Penrith Panthers will beat them 40-0 in the finals.

40-0 get it

Manly fans do!

They will write books and books about how good our Penrith Panthers are.

Pretty Penny

Juniors
Yes my fellow Sydneysiders, we can all stand together in our utter hate of the Mexican Storm. A shite city and a shite team of grubs and cheats.

The last week has made me want to spew as I listen to the radio and tv show hosts grovel about the Mexican Storm, big deal about no of wins in a row, they are still cheats and liars and Cam Munster is the biggest grub in NRL history.

I am ashamed of the Sydney media for the way they suck up to the Storm. Forget them and lets all band together to destroy them.

Just in case you need to know why; here is the list from last years Grand Final

Pretty Penny

Juniors
My Penny Panthers kindly inviting Tigers to their Sunday arvo training run. A bit of ‘opposition plays’ to warm them up for the semis…

stryker

First Grade
Due to the loss to the Tigers earlier this year, Penrith missed the minor premiership.
#thatsafookenshame
😎

Thanks Mozza, just further to the Nathan Cleary alleged shoulder charge.

Just to point out there is a second publication (released by the NRL) that details the rules and interpretations specifically for the NRL. Link is here:
https://www.nrl.com/siteassets/operations/documentation/nrl_laws_interpretations_2020.pdf

In this, it details a shoulder charge as the following:

A shoulder charge is made when the tackling player uses his shoulder and/or upper arm without,
at the same time, using his arms to tackle or otherwise take hold of the opposing player. The term “arms” obviously includes hands. The requirement to use “the arms” means that both arms must be used. Unless both arms are used, then providing the actions of the player are at least careless,
any case involving forceful contact that has been primarily generated by the shoulder and/or upper arm of the tackling player, will be a shoulder charge.

So, I would argue that there have been other shoulder ‘charges’ this year that did not necessarily meet this definition that have been punished, but it is a reasonable interpretation of this rule and Cleary’s tackle that It does not meet this definition.

So our Penny Panthers' Nathan Cleary deserved to get off, I think the case should be closed now!
Imitation is the strongest form of flattery.