What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Penrith

To be honest 1997 wasn't a bad year. I went to just about every NSW based PENRITH game, including the World Club Challenge games. It was fun, some of the "World Class" pre game entertainment was very cringe, Cher, Rod Stewart and Tom Jones stick in my mind. The highlight was Solomon Humanos Mum going full genius when he got KO'ed at Belmore though. Good times.
I remember our Round 1 home game against the Western Reds.

Belinda Carlisle was the pre game entertainment. She nearly slipped at one stage! To her credit, she didn’t lip synch as she let out an audible squeal whilst slipping.

The_Frog

First Grade
Absolutely massive names. Pretty sure they were impersonators lip syncing at the SL games though. The real deal wouldn't have been economically viable performing to crowds of 6 to 7k at less than 20 bucks a pop that were there to watch footy. The cringe part was how they tried to sell it.
I'd go to see Tom Jones, the others, blagh. Although Rod the mod was good with the Faces before he found out there was more money in ballads.

mxlegend99

Referee
While a lot of the shit being reported is pretty tame (the May shit is an embarrassment) I can almost guarantee if it were any other team, a majority of Panthers posters would be all over it.

The fact that it's our team doesn't make it ok...
Aside from Tyrone May being a f**kwit none of it's shit most people would care about at another club.

Tyrone May however has brought everything on himself and the merkin did nothing to justify talking like he proved haters wrong. He made a 13 minute cameo in the grand final where his biggest impact was making an error that killed an attacking opportunity for his team.

Panthers win with Mitch Kenny in his spot. TBH Kenny deserved a ring more than May did too. I can understand his joy and pride at winning. But FMD he should have just enjoyed the moment he did little to make happen.

The_Frog

First Grade
Panthers win with Mitch Kenny in his spot. TBH Kenny deserved a ring more than May did too. I can understand his joy and pride at winning. But FMD he should have just enjoyed the moment he did little to make happen.
Both were contributors and all players went through considerable upheaval to achieve the win. Seems rather juvenile to suggest someone deserves a ring more than someone else just because you don't like them. They were saying Latrell Mitchell would have got one had Souths won so maybe injured/suspended players get one anyway.

soc123_au

Staff member
Both were contributors. Seems rather juvenile to suggest someone deserves a ring more than someone else. They were saying Latrell Mitchell would have got one had Souths won so maybe injured/suspended players get one anyway.
I'm pretty sure the whole squad gets a ring. Only the 17 that played on the day are considered gf winners though.

myrrh ken

First Grade
The great thing about investigating the panthers for covid breaches, sex tapes, breaking trophies is that the dumb merkins post it on the net

As a kid I would come home from playing footy (soccer) and religiously turn on the Continuous Call and listen all Saturday afternoon. Ray, Bozo, Chippy, Gibbs, Ray Price in the early years. I really enjoyed it.

I have been in the UK for over 15 years and the man I listened to for all those years was a giant compared to the fool on this clip; Maybe nostalgia has dimmed my memories, but I don’t remember the Continuous Call team ever speaking solely in absolutes.

roofromoz

First Grade
As a kid I would come home from playing footy (soccer) and religiously turn on the Continuous Call and listen all Saturday afternoon. Ray, Bozo, Chippy, Gibbs, Ray Price in the early years. I really enjoyed it.

I have been in the UK for over 15 years and the man I listened to for all those years was a giant compared to the fool on this clip; Maybe nostalgia has dimmed my memories, but I don’t remember the Continuous Call team ever speaking solely in absolutes.

I too was a CCT fan when at 2UE, even that year they lost the rights to 2GB (2001?). But then they got all silly with the 10-4 big buddy and stupid songs shit, and then Raaaay himself went to GB and morphed into a right wing shock jock.

Latest posts