What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Penrith

Munted

Bench
But yeah... publicly expressing his support for someone he has been best friends most of his life is definitely a character flaw. A true man would turn his back on his mates and shun him publicly.
Nobody has been accused of shunning Tyrone May, so why does anybody need to come out and declare it?
The prick got fired a few hours back, we are processing that, nobody is going "Geez I wonder if nath will still let Tyrone wear his shoes inside his house".

10$ Ferret

Staff member
there is no need to post support for an imbecile like May. I admire someone for saying you are my mate and if you need me I am here. Posting on social media just emphasises the immaturity of cleary.
This is just one of many instances where he has shown to be immature or not have to worry about consequences of his actions.
Many of the players there need a great big "GROW THE EFF UP". It will be interesting to see how long Cleary jnr goes without realising its not going to last and he needs to transfer his maturity on the field to his attitude off the field. Somehow I don't think his father will be the catalyst for that

mxlegend99

Referee
I'd argue there is a time and place... Definately not the time for it, the guy just got the boot and it is fully deserved and 100% his doing. It's not like the guy had been wrongfully punished (probably how Tyrone sees it).

The place? It's hard these days because if it isn't communicated via social media, did it even happen? So yeah, I guess this is what the kids do these days but look how easy it is to be on the wrong side of things... Ahem Tik Tok.
He has expressed support to his best friend after losing his job.

He hasn't said anything that he didn't deserve it. Or that he disagreed with it etc. His message is crystal clear. I publicly have your back no matter what. But oh no a bunch of dickheads on the internet cant have a friend supporting another friend. They're quick to judge him for anything and everything he does or doesn't do. So why try deciding how a bunch of nobodies he will never meet are going to interpret his support and just do what he thinks is best for his friend?

Nobody has been accused of shunning Tyrone May, so why does anybody need to come out and declare it?
The prick got fired a few hours back, we are processing that, nobody is going "Geez I wonder if nath will still let Tyrone wear his shoes inside his house".
If nobody is wondering why the f**k is it front page news the second he does absolutely anything? He expressed his support immediately and it's done with.

Im sure it would be much better waiting a few days to bring the story back to the front page though. Makes a lot of sense. The story is (or should be) done and dusted now.

May is gone. The club will offer him help. His best friend declared he had his back but stopped short of saying the club did wrong by him or he didnt deserve it etc. He supported his mate without saying anything that supported his actions and disagreed with the consequences

Tomorrow Paul Kent will do a page in the Tele about how Nathan needs to pull his head in; started writing it a week ago, just needed to fill in the detail about what happened to May.

It will be complete with a Boo Bailey (is he still about?) picture showing some girls dancing (which, particularly the cover up, was a dumb thing to do), a broken trophy, GF tic in his back pocket and a lot of chin.

Munted

Bench
So why try deciding how a bunch of nobodies he will never meet are going to interpret his support and just do what he thinks is best for his friend?
What's best for his mate is calling him up to support him through a tough time.
However, I get that there's 15 years between Nathan and I and kids these days put more weight in what's shared on social media and how that perception is translated in the real world.

Anyway, we both have different views on it which is fine.

Perth Red

Post Whore
A no
Everyone. Its a public showing of support for his friend.

Telling him privately rather than publicly is not showing him he has his back no matter what. It's empty words if he's scared how the dickheads on social media will view a friend expressing support.

Posting it publicly shows he genuinely has his friends back.

But yeah... publicly expressing his support for someone he has been best friends most of his life is definitely a character flaw. A true man would turn his back on his mates and shun him publicly.

I hate Tyrone May but i fully expect these players to have each others backs in both the good times and the bad. If they don't they aren't really friends are they? One day you might get a friend and understand what loyalty is.
a non narcissist would express his support direct to his mate, not make it about him Via social media! Not even mentioning just adding more fuel to the media scumbags fire to cast the game in a negative light.

my mates know me well enough to bring me a beer and cheer me up, not worrry about posting sht to the world that doesn’t matter to me.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Everyone. Its a public showing of support for his friend.

Telling him privately rather than publicly is not showing him he has his back no matter what. It's empty words if he's scared how the dickheads on social media will view a friend expressing support.

Posting it publicly shows he genuinely has his friends back.

I hate Tyrone May but i fully expect these players to have each others backs in both the good times and the bad. If they don't they aren't really friends are they? One day you might get a friend and understand what loyalty is.
If only everyone had this same sympathy with Fifita and FKL

Fangs

Coach
1. ) Penrith are the greatest team in the world.

2. ) Tyrone May deserved to be sacked.

3. ) The Telegraph always have an agenda...even if you don't what it is yet.

Don't make me come in here again.

mxlegend99

Referee
If only everyone had this same sympathy with Fifita and FKL
I never had issue with him supporting a friend.

Although wanting a killer freed is a bit different to supporting a mate who got sacked because he's a dumb piece of shit incapable of showing remorse.

Im fine with Nathan supporting his friend (likewise Andrew Fifita) so long as it's just support and not picking his friend over the team (ie. Thinking he was unfairly sacked).

If anything like that gets posted then he deserves to cop shit for it as Tyrone brought this on himself and was truly lucky he wasn't sacked 2 years ago.

mxlegend99

Referee
A no

a non narcissist would express his support direct to his mate, not make it about him Via social media! Not even mentioning just adding more fuel to the media scumbags fire to cast the game in a negative light.

my mates know me well enough to bring me a beer and cheer me up, not worrry about posting sht to the world that doesn’t matter to me.
Your 'friend' posting a message of support publicly to you wouldn't matter.

Yet a person you have never met posting a message of support about another person you have never met does matter to you?

It really doesn't matter what he does. Haters gonna hate. Put this into perspective for a second.

He hasn't said he disagreed with the decision to sack him. Or supported the things he did to get sacked. The second he places Tyrone as the victim he deserves to be judged for his posts.

But supporting a friend? Oh the horror

Dogs Of War

Coach
Your 'friend' posting a message of support publicly to you wouldn't matter.

Yet a person you have never met posting a message of support about another person you have never met does matter to you?

It really doesn't matter what he does. Haters gonna hate. Put this into perspective for a second.

He hasn't said he disagreed with the decision to sack him. Or supported the things he did to get sacked. The second he places Tyrone as the victim he deserves to be judged for his posts.

But supporting a friend? Oh the horror

Its all context. You can support them privately, but if you have the platform he does, then it looks more like he is condoning his actions. He could have worded it better.

Latest posts