What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Penrith

Dogs were also winning comps in between

whose going to rise up anytime soon ?

you guys once Walker matures and with the cheese ?

with all those juniors dominating they bring oin fresh hungry guys every year around an experienced core

Bulldogs didn't have the junior depth that Parramatta did at the equivalent time.

Wb1234

Referee
W
Bulldogs didn't have the junior depth that Parramatta did at the equivalent time.
What happened after 86 to their juniors ?

barring injury Nathan Cleary can play close to another decade as the best half in the nrl. The guy is levels above anyone else

it shows the benefits of strong juniors it’s going to take years for the other clubs to catch up

mxlegend99

Referee
Panthers will be fringe top 4 next year and until the find a quality hooker they won't be anywhere near as dominant as these past 3 seasons.

If Nathan were to miss 10 games next year on-top of Api being gone. I could see them being fringe top 8 even.

I don't see them being close to premiership favourites. But if they had a full strength roster at finals they would be a chance with the likes of Edwards, Cleary, Yeo and JFH. Probably a bit like Storm some years just kind of cruised along as a fringe top 4 side and then the big game players just made them a chance even if they weren't close to dominant.

MugaB

Coach
Panthers will be fringe top 4 next year and until the find a quality hooker they won't be anywhere near as dominant as these past 3 seasons.

If Nathan were to miss 10 games next year on-top of Api being gone. I could see them being fringe top 8 even.

I don't see them being close to premiership favourites. But if they had a full strength roster at finals they would be a chance with the likes of Edwards, Cleary, Yeo and JFH. Probably a bit like Storm some years just kind of cruised along as a fringe top 4 side and then the big game players just made them a chance even if they weren't close to dominant.
Surely Soni Luke becomes the no.14 next season.... and the juggernaut rolls on

W

What happened after 86 to their juniors ?

barring injury Nathan Cleary can play close to another decade as the best half in the nrl. The guy is levels above anyone else

it shows the benefits of strong juniors it’s going to take years for the other clubs to catch up

Some of them, like the Adamson's (for example) went to Penrith. Others just could not make the cut when they made it to first grade. As they'd had players like Kenny, Grothe and Ella come thru from their junior systems, they thought they didn't need to recruit from outside that they could just keep developing players of that quality all the time. It didn't change until the "Canterbury four" defected to them in 1996 as part of the fallout from the SL war.

As Phil Gould said at a Roosters event I attended back in 2002, about 1 in 3 players who are in Jersey Flegg won't make it to have a successful first grade career.

Having strong juniors is a boon, but it is not the be all and end all in ensuring success.

Smug Panther

First Grade