What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Penrith

T-Boon

Coach
You just worked this out?
I only just noticed it. I mean if you noticed it after 1 year, big deal. Or after 2 years, big deal. Each year it goes on though it’s more remarkable. What was your plan, notice it after 3 years then never mention it again even though it is getting more remarkable and more worth looking at?

Wb1234

Immortal
I was more surprised the NRL and ESL couldn't have come to a mutual agreement to have this played in Las Vegas.

I get that commercially they are competitors but to develop world interest, you promote the game of RL and a mutual agreement could have worked. Imagine marketing the GF winners of England and Australia battling it out?

To expect them to go to the WCC and Vegas was a bit much and rightly so, the RLPA intervened.
How ?

Penrith are playing for nrl points at Vegas.

Have it the week before ?

Fangs

Coach
Not really... it only affects us coz we are going to Vegas, not every GF winner will be in Vegas, especially if we win the next 3 gfs

Expect continual pushback every year until its addressed.

The length of the season is a problem. Players hate it. Representative fixtures are being compromised because players aren't getting a long enough break.

Expect more dicking around from clubs and players during next years Origin series.

Munky

Coach
You've only been watching NRL for about 3 years, there is no bigger bandwagoner on this forum. I doubt you saw any gf winners pre-2001.

Like Manly 95 to 97 for their legendary three peat?

Oh wait.

Losing to fifth in a GF 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Or not even able to win half a comp 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Apey

Staff member
I only just noticed it. I mean if you noticed it after 1 year, big deal. Or after 2 years, big deal. Each year it goes on though it’s more remarkable. What was your plan, notice it after 3 years then never mention it again even though it is getting more remarkable and more worth looking at?
Some of us just have more astute rugby league minds mate.

firechild

First Grade
Like Manly 95 to 97 for their legendary three peat?

Oh wait.

Losing to fifth in a GF 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Or not even able to win half a comp 😂😂😂😂😂😂
If someone like Chins was a fan of my club, I'd probably be distancing myself from his views, not backing him up, but that's just me.

As for Manly in the 90s, they lost the first GF in their run (sound familiar?) and then a little thing called Super League happened where all the merkin clubs (including your scummy club) went chasing money. Not saying Manly deserved to win more than they did, it is what it is. I've been fortunate enough to see my club win premierships on a regular basis my whole life so if we have to endure a bunch of meth heads getting excited for a few years, so be it.

Wb1234

Immortal
Sub the Panthers out for another NRL team.

Swap the Panthers with X team for that game
They
If someone like Chins was a fan of my club, I'd probably be distancing myself from his views, not backing him up, but that's just me.

As for Manly in the 90s, they lost the first GF in their run (sound familiar?) and then a little thing called Super League happened where all the merkin clubs (including your scummy club) went chasing money. Not saying Manly deserved to win more than they did, it is what it is. I've been fortunate enough to see my club win premierships on a regular basis my whole life so if we have to endure a bunch of meth heads getting excited for a few years, so be it.
FMD that’s an epic response

Latest posts