What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

People talk about how dour St. Merge are...

Tom Shines

First Grade
...but fair dinkum the Broncos have played some absolute bludgers recently on Friday nights - yet don't seem to attract the same scrunity as St. George.

Is it because hardly anyone watches the delayed game with Ray Hadley and the four minute ad breaks every second set, and therefore no-one actually realises how bad they can play? Or is there a pro-Brisbame/anti-Steve Price agenda at play?

user_nat

Coach
I agree that tonight's game was a pretty terrible performance (which apparently makes me an AFL fan), but last week was a pretty good game despite Brisbane being unable to score points.

Pretty inconsistent as far as the quality of the performances go.

Card Shark

Immortal
As much as I hate Brisbane, they are still top 4, so must be doing something right compared to 12 other clubs.

Some people have short memories.

BranVan3000

Coach
Manly are the ones who seem to draw no criticism. They are so loose and unstructured compared to last year, they really aren't half as good as they were

Maybe thats just Premiership hangover, but I think its more like Toovey isn't as good a coach as Des was

Dogs Of War

Coach
As much as I hate Brisbane, they are still top 4, so must be doing something right compared to 12 other clubs.

Some people have short memories.

I just think the Broncos halves have really hit the wall in the last 5-6 weeks. Not sure they can turn that around easily.

Big Pete

Referee
Brisbane get Friday games? Please, tell us more.

We're 10 posts away from the Broncos being in jeopardy.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Unfortunately wi the way the game is reffed these days the broncos are a good team. They play boring completion football and wait til a penalty (which they get all the time) or an opposition error gets them down into the red zone.

They then score by one if their Three plays:

1) kick - usually a bomb
2) two wide then an inside ball
3) one off the ruck hit up

Sometimes mccoullagh will dive over from dummy half to spice it up.

I can't see the broncos doing much in the finals. Teams like the storm, dogs, eagles etc will blow them away.

Card Shark

Immortal
Peter Wallace has been shit since people started talking him up for origin haha NSW curse?:lol:

He's effectively a Qlder anyway. If we pick him I'll give up on NSW.

That is assisting the flagship Qld team - f**k Wallace, we don't need him or want him.

BDR

First Grade
Only really been two exciting Brisbane games this year - vs Manly on the double header night and against us early in the year. Lost both of them by last minute tries too funnily enough.

Their roster just doesn't lend itself to exciting football, they are pretty thin on quality backs and lack creativity. Gotta hand it to them though if you have to play dour footy at least win while doing it. That said IMO they'll be the big losers in the run up to the semis and will finish up around 6-7.

Big Pete

Referee
Brisbane don't cop any flack because for the most part they've been successful without ever leading the competition which is why they've never been put under the spotlight.

We're a boring footy side struggling with the rigours of Origin & injury. We've got a good unit of players, particularly in the forwards but not the halves to guide them. Norman is very talented but as Stuart mentioned on NRL on Fox, Rugby League is all about attitude. I don't think Norman has a great attitude. He has every bad habit a player his age has and very rarely puts his skills to good use. It took him 79 minutes to go looking for the ball, and that was just far too late when we really needed somebody to step up.

I wouldn't be too disappointed if we didn't win the premiership this year. I haven't really seen it on the cards at all this season and while there was an impressive run of seven matches it came at the wrong end.

I hope tonight was a wake up call for our players. As much as the blame can be put on Norman & Wallace I found the Broncos worst players have been our best in recent times. I'm of course referring to McGuire & Parker.

With the very real possibility of losing Hodges, Te'o & Parker next week it's going to take a huge effort but I have faith in Hook and our players.

Big Pete

Referee
Only really been two exciting Brisbane games this year - vs Manly on the double header night and against us early in the year. Lost both of them by last minute tries too funnily enough.

Their roster just doesn't lend itself to exciting football, they are pretty thin on quality backs and lack creativity. Gotta hand it to them though if you have to play dour footy at least win while doing it. That said IMO they'll be the big losers in the run up to the semis and will finish up around 6-7.

We've been involved in a number of exciting quality match ups this year.

R4, R9 & R19 were all good games IMO.

beads6

First Grade
Broncos are f**ked for this year. Halves are clueless and just don't seem to have any attacking structure as a side at all.

I haven't watched a Broncos game all year (except Round 1) because of Hadley. The sooner he goes, the more likely I will watch and can comment on thier play.