What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'People who bag players on internet forums arent real fans' tim sheens

super_coach

First Grade
We have a coach who is under the pump, people all starting to question the great man. Even the media are pointing the finger at him, how dare they!!

So whats the best form of defense--attack, create diversions,deflect the attention away from yourself, play the down trodden under dog. The guy feels that after a arm wrestle against the favorites for the wooden spoon he can come out all guns blazing.

I think he may get lucky and buy some time, but our run into the semi final would suggest he is in for plenty of flack and will be very lucky to survive come September. The Sticky thing has been around for a while and where theirs smoke theirs fire

R2Coupe

Juniors
A change in coach is simply not a stroke of the pen. An internet forum does not reflect the real world.

It involves a change in recruitment, development and our systems and of course a payout to the existing coach.

A new coach will of course have the excuse “I have a three year plan”.

It’s laughable the names put forward as replacements are Stuart and Folkes. Both are hardly in demand and for good reason.

The Tigers have moved on and these these are past era coaches.

If any coach should replace Sheens at the end of his contract, Grant Jones is the obvious choice.

westie

Bench
Love?

I'm utterly convinced you can't see past what you want to. You're so much like the man you hate, it's not even funny.

What's he going to say? "I can't play halfback, I'm sh*te at the position but the coach makes me so I will."

It's not his fault he's getting paid as well, he has a family to support lol.

TigerLoyalty

Juniors
Looks as though Sheens read the 'Wheres Your Loyalty' thread! :)

Fitzhenry shouldn have been re-signed. Hes not a 1st Grader. He never was. Hes has one good game this season and it happens to be his most recent thats it. The only reason he played full back is that Sheens wasnt confident with him defending against Vuna or Uate.

But I must say I have found Sheens comments amusing as I dont believe in the constant scrutiny that the Tigs come under from their fans through this forum!

Love ya Tim!

Blackdiamond

Juniors
I agree, Fitzhenry cops a lot more stick than warranted. I thought he played extremely well against the Knights last week, in the atrocious rain.

There is no doubt that he is not the calibre of Greg Inglis or Joey Johns, but no one (including him) claims him to be. In the recent run of losses, Fitzy has been far from the worst of the Tigers players & I think there are quite a few others that are lucky not to be dropped.

I also believe that last week was by far the best performance from a Fullback from the Tigers this year, as both Moltzen & Ryan proved disappointing.

Who else would you have at fullback? That is, until Jake Mullaney is ready to step up?

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Are you joking? Beau Ryan has done everything a fullback should! I cant fault his performances at all.

Fully agree. Ryan has done well- he will not be a star at fullback but solid and capable- much beter there than at wing / centre.

I retain utmost respect for Fitzy and consider him a useful addition to the team but I do think his best position is on the interchange not the starting lineup as I do think his best is behind him now.

As so often happens with these forums you have the players who polarise opinion, Fitzy is just one, Ryan is another (especially when he was on the wing), and even Benji has his moments where he is my firing line too.

Anyway, I do enjoy the exchange of opinions and thought and stats that come into some of the arguments. It would be terribly boring if we had a team we all agreed on 1 thru 17.

super_coach

First Grade
Sheens has come out and supported Fitzy, but he has yet to tell us the uneducated punters what magical quality he is bring to the team because I for one cant see it.

I mean he cant tackle,he is small ,slow and old. So except for comical relief what dose he offer??? Of course if he is so good why are we not rushing to extend his contract. My guess its our man Sheens playing silly buggers again and stuffing what little chance we had of going any where in 2010

Blackdiamond

Juniors
Are you joking? Beau Ryan has done everything a fullback should! I cant fault his performances at all.

IMO – at fullback he doesn't return the ball with enough force. He tries to put on a hop & a step just before the line & washes off all his speed. Therefore not giving himself a chance to break the line. I just wish he’d pin his ears back.

In fact, there have been a few occasions where he has nearly been done for voluntary tackle, as he goes to ground early to avoid a heavy collision.

He is also lost under the high ball, which got proven against the Roosters, which won them the game.

Another point is that he doesn’t follow up through the middle in attack, sniffing around for an offload. Any decent fullback in the NRL does this well. They can also chime into the backline either as another ball player or even as a strike weapon. You only need to look at the other fullbacks to see how much extra they do - Hayne, Gidley, Campbell, Slater, Dugan, Coote etc

I’m not saying Fitzy is brilliant, but he does a few of these fundamentals better the Ryan.

TigerLoyalty

Juniors
IMO – at fullback he doesn't return the ball with enough force. He tries to put on a hop & a step just before the line & washes off all his speed. Therefore not giving himself a chance to break the line. I just wish he’d pin his ears back.

In fact, there have been a few occasions where he has nearly been done for voluntary tackle, as he goes to ground early to avoid a heavy collision.

He is also lost under the high ball, which got proven against the Roosters, which won them the game.

Another point is that he doesn’t follow up through the middle in attack, sniffing around for an offload. Any decent fullback in the NRL does this well. They can also chime into the backline either as another ball player or even as a strike weapon. You only need to look at the other fullbacks to see how much extra they do - Hayne, Gidley, Campbell, Slater, Dugan, Coote etc

I’m not saying Fitzy is brilliant, but he does a few of these fundamentals better the Ryan.

The players you mentioned are either 'World Class' or have the potential to be world class. Unfortunately Beau Ryan, I believe, is a solid 1st Grader, that hasnt shown he has the potential to be a World Class Player. Yes he has faults but Im quite comfortable with him at back considering our options. Under the high ball he has had 1 bad game.

Front-Rower

First Grade

I think you mean Moltzen not Ryan. Beau runs the ball back full pelt every time bud.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Last time I checked the stats, which admittedly was before our last bye, Ryan was either first or second among fullbacks in metres per game, up around 170m. To claim he doesn't return the ball well is ludicrous and I can only assume you meant Moltzen.

His error rate also compared favourably to most other fullbacks as well.

A superstar he ain't but he was arguably our best against the Eels and his only real mistakes in his time at the back were the couple of howlers against the Roosters. Other than that he's been safe and consistent.

Now Fitzy had a good game, no doubt, but to call it match-winning is a stretch when you consider he dropped the ball a couple of times and let through Rogers for their try (granted after Farah had called "touch" to the ref in his embarrassing miss).

Reek_Havoc

Juniors
Sheens you dumb f**k !!

Why did you play Fitzy at Fullback ? Were you protecting him from Cooper Vuna ? Were you scared he'd run over your toy boy?

Fitzy caught a couple of high balls in the rain. Good work, Sheensie. Master stroke.

I have no problem with players in general. Just coaches who keep picking players who are playing sheethouse.

b.bear

Juniors
alright he's had his 1 game of the year where he has some input into the game it was just par, which is the problem, he offers nothing to advance the teams overall skill he is barely a 1st grade player just staying afloat who should have went out and bought himself a lotterie ticket afetr his performance on friday night HTF do you catch the ball with your eyes closed in the pouring rain this guys luck is in .....

too small,tooo slow and tooo scared