What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Perth Bears or bust?!

blue bags

First Grade
PNG relies on fed money. Nz2 has a small population base (although larger than titans, Canberra, newcastle or cowboys). Brisbane South is hindered by easts & jets not coming together.
Of course, Perth has the biggest knock against it with the great cost of being a club on the other side of the continent. Norths gives team some financial security but I'd be calling twiggy.
Twiggy sponsorship with Dragon's

Matt_CBY

Juniors
The news today was great.

I logged on just now to read the tears.

The only thing about the Perth Bears option I don’t like at the moment is the two games at North Sydney Oval. Make it one game, and make it at Central Coast Stadium as part of the footy country tour.

On another note, Central Coast Stadium could host up to four games a year during the NRL season.

1. Perth Bears v Manly
2. Manly home game
3. Roosters home game
4. Souths home game

If I was Manly I’d do a deal to be the away team against Souths and Roosters and take the mentality of turning it another ‘home ground’

just to the wannabe tough guy boomers who want to see Walsh get hurt cause he wears nail polish or some shit.
There needs to be a crackdown on players targeting Walsh. NSW has a long history of trying to inflict serious injury on Queensland's playmakers by tackling them late and off the ball, often from behind.

NSW players used to hit Thurston off the ball all the time without any repercussions. There was a second rower from Parramatta who used to do it all the time.

If NSW continue to use these grubby tactics then Queensland should select a plodder and tell him to do the exact same thing to the knees of Turbo, Teddy or Clearly. It's only when a NSW plahmaker ruptures an ACL that the media will take it seriously.

blue bags

First Grade
If the Bears do end up in Perth then all 12 home games must be played at PRS. It's outrageous that there's talk of taking two games to a shithole like North Sydney Oval.

V'landys is a dickhead.
You're got to be smart about sponsorship
Big money in Sydney
Northern areas of Sydney is very financially. And big companies. Money
Very rich area Honey pot
You cannot ignore the sponsors
South Melbourne. Swans
Fitzroy lions. Brisbane
They did. Do whatever
Perth Bear's Can do it their way. Something very different. New

You're got to be smart about sponsorship
Big money in Sydney
Northern areas of Sydney is very financially. And big companies. Money
Very rich area Honey pot
You cannot ignore the sponsors
South Melbourne. Swans
Fitzroy lions. Brisbane
They did. Do whatever
Perth Bear's Can do it their way. Something very different. New
It'll be interesting to see how many people from the North Shore become members of the Perth Bears.

flippikat

Bench
Will North Sydney Bears still exist at NSW Cup level?
I can see them being a feeder club for the Perth Bears (ie letting the current deal with the Storm expire), makes sense for keeping the costs of running NSW Cup manageable.

Plus it means that the Perth side & the Norths side of the operation need to have some degree of co-ordination - not just in logistics of bringing players between top tier & 2nd tier, but coaching strategy & development.

Long team I can see North Sydney Bears as Perth's feeder & *maybe* Newtown Jets as the Storm's feeder at NSW Cup, as the Sharks will at some stage want to bring their 2nd tier "In house".

I say "maybe" with the Storm, because with air travel more convenient & cheaper between Melbourne & Sydney (compared to between Perth & Sydney), it might be desirable AND feasible for them to have their own NSW Cup based in Melbourne.

If that happens (Sharks & Storm going "in house" for NSW Cup), then the Jets are in some trouble.

Latest posts