What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pet Hates at Work

God-King Dean

Immortal
But think about it. I'm saying that and I only recently turned 30. I just find it hard to trust them. Also call me a sexist pig if you will but I'm going to add especially if it's a woman. I dunno maybe I'm just drawing on my own bad experiences.

Holy sh*t man, no need for that sexist sh*t. Taker a chill pill man.

Nikki

Coach
Managers that just expect tooo much from you. At work I am one of those people who want to understand all the facets to everyones jobs. I have pretty much been trained in all of them and can fill in when needed. This to my boss means she can tell me to go to whatever shift she wants at the drop of a hat. One minute I could be a 2IC, the next a supervisor, the next a runt. The last couple of weeks I have been running an office that usually has 5 people with just one other who really had NFI. I was missing breaks and doing whatever else I could to make sure that all the work was up to date, whilst holding the hand of the girl who was supposed to be my supervisor. My boss, instead of seeing the work that was being done, did nothing but bitch and moan about the work NOT being done. Urgh! Frustrates the sh*t outta me.

Agent Mulder

Bench
Oh good, I can have a bit of a vent here, I work Graveyard shift and it just pisses me off when im working my ass all thru the night and morning and when one of the shop people come in at 7am and they piss and moan and complain that they are tired!

(Well wanna try starting at 11pm?) And then they talk about there sh*tty lifes which i could care less about and then go so slow that i have drop what im doing and help them serve customers and set up there sh*t and do my work on top of that and when you complain to the boss he has a reply like " Oh well shes old and has a bad foot" WELL DONT HIRE THEM IF THEY CANT HANDLE IT!!!

Ive been doing this for 15 years and you can deadset count my sick days on one hand, It just amazes me how people get there jobs.

Just a few weeks ago we had a guy employed who was given chance after chance after turning up countless times late to work and not listening to me and other people at work telling him in a nice way how to do things, When me and my wife finally got a day off together i was texted early in the morning that this guy hasnt shown up for work, Thankfully i wasn't called in, As the day went on my boss called me and told me this guy had an accident the night before and would i be willing to give him another chance, I said sure anyway a few days later when i was back at work He no showed once again, My boss supposley fired him but then this guy called up and begged for his job back, My boss told him it was up to me and 2 others, Anyway he came in and me and the guy he stuffed around said nope go find something else, My boss wanted to give him another chance and so did this other guy, I blew up at the boss and refused to work with this guy and in the end he was fired, The problem is these days people are given far too many chances and take the piss outta it.

Agent Mulder

Bench
Not to mention that while you are being paid,you have to earn it regardless of what tasks are on hand.

No wonder this country has a f**ked up attitude towards the work ethic.

You aint kidding, Look what happenend on the Australia Day "WEEKEND" all those "Sickies" then the next day everyone was fine for the Aus Day celebrations, Annoyed the hell outta me how some people thought it was a normal thing to call up sick so they can have a 4 day weekend, Lazy pricks.

Thank god i left the next day for Las Vegas, Cuz i didnt wanna be here for a while after that crap.

Oh good, I can have a bit of a vent here, I work Graveyard shift and it just pisses me off when im working my ass all thru the night and morning and when one of the shop people come in at 7am and they piss and moan and complain that they are tired!

(Well wanna try starting at 11pm?) And then they talk about there sh*tty lifes which i could care less about and then go so slow that i have drop what im doing and help them serve customers and set up there sh*t and do my work on top of that and when you complain to the boss he has a reply like " Oh well shes old and has a bad foot" WELL DONT HIRE THEM IF THEY CANT HANDLE IT!!!

Ive been doing this for 15 years and you can deadset count my sick days on one hand, It just amazes me how people get there jobs.

Just a few weeks ago we had a guy employed who was given chance after chance after turning up countless times late to work and not listening to me and other people at work telling him in a nice way how to do things, When me and my wife finally got a day off together i was texted early in the morning that this guy hasnt shown up for work, Thankfully i wasn't called in, As the day went on my boss called me and told me this guy had an accident the night before and would i be willing to give him another chance, I said sure anyway a few days later when i was back at work He no showed once again, My boss supposley fired him but then this guy called up and begged for his job back, My boss told him it was up to me and 2 others, Anyway he came in and me and the guy he stuffed around said nope go find something else, My boss wanted to give him another chance and so did this other guy, I blew up at the boss and refused to work with this guy and in the end he was fired, The problem is these days people are given far too many chances and take the piss outta it.

Agree...I have guys at my work who take sickie after sickie and then when they are told that they will be sacked grovel back with some excuse about having personal issues etc.

Stranger

Coach
I hate it when staffies complain when it gets busy... You get paid to serve customers whether it is quite or packed, stop bitching and just work FFS.

Bulldog Force

Referee
I hate it when merkins give you THEIR work to do. I make sure I pay them back.

Muahahahaha!

Mufasa said:
“You Must Avenge My Death, Kimba… I Mean, Simba.”

Round%20Springfield.jpg

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

I don't understand people "chucking sickies". It might be weird, but I prefer to keep my sick days for when I'm actually sick.

The people who need to be asked 10 times to leave the store when you close.
Amen. People who start using the internet cafe at 4:50pm :x

Bulldog Force

Referee
I don't understand people "chucking sickies". It might be weird, but I prefer to keep my sick days for when I'm actually sick.
Nothing weird about that at all mate. I'm on the same boat. Nothing worse than being injured seriously in say a car accident or breaking a leg, needing weeks off work, and not getting paid for it because you've used up all your sick leave... and then the medical bills pile up.

Ironically, I've starting to feel a bit feverish today. I might be out of action tomorrow, but if I got fuel left in the engine, I'll soldier on!

Latest posts