What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pete Murray: Knucklehead

mightybears

Bench
1.pete murray, like jack johnson and xavier rudd should be bound up and drowned, but like all GF entertainment i don't watch or care.
2.for those that watch,at least its promoting aussie crap as opposed to has been rock like billy idol

GF's should be lower grades and half time sprints

HevyDevy

Coach
Iafeta said:
Meh, he reminds me a bit of Jack Johnson - I like Jack Johnson.

Then again, I like Metallica/Green Day etc (complete opposite). The only thing I can't stand is computerised danceesque Kylie style sh!t. I'm looking forward to seeing him go around.

Green Day and Metallica are not the complete opposite of Pete Murray and Jack Johnson

hrundi99

First Grade
innsaneink said:
Truth hurts?

You dickhead, you think you know every f**kin thing.

What do you care if different ppl like different things.....

Your type really sh*t me....when you grow up you'll realise what a fool you are.

Yeah, maturity just flows out of you, old man...

drake

First Grade
I like Pete Murray, think he's a good songwriter and like his style, good to kick back to.
Can't listen to Arch Enemy all day.

HevyDevy

Coach
I'd rather listen to Arch Enemy than Pete Murray but both are a little dull.

I must admit you've got to be pretty impressed with any chick that can grunt like that ... 'Ravenous!!!'

Prefer Dark Tranquility, early In Flames or Opeth's 'Morningrise' if I'm going to listen to the dual melodic guitar thing

hrundi99

First Grade
gregstar said:
you obviously don't know the guy - i do & he's a genuinely top bloke.

I'm sure he is, it's just his music is dull.

At the end of the day, there's no way to please everyone. The only GF appearance I've seen in recent years that really went off was Hoodoo Gurus doing "That's My Team". The crowd was pumped and it was great.

People want famous overseas acts (as opposed to washed up veterans) but they cost more than the NRL can afford.

Pete Murray is one of the most uninspiring performers ever. His performances are laughable. He has a decent voice and is a handy musician but his performance leaves alot to be desired. Hardly fire up material

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Slappy said:
As many of you know, this arsewipe is going to be the entertainment at the grand final!
Why of all the mediocre talent in this country do we need some 1st class ring-licker who used to play that rugby yawnion farce!

Pete Murray, is without doubt, the most boring whiney pissant that walks the earth. He sounds just like an ex-rugby union player trying to sing!

I reckon Tracy Chapman would fire up the crowd more than that Murray jerkoff!
f**k him off immediately!

Your team has just made their first Grand Final ever and if you followed the either the Magpies or Tigers, it has been a long time between drinks yet you find time to launch a spray against someone who is performing in the pre-match entertainment..

You just can't please some people.. Now of course the real reason is that Pete Murray has publicly backed the Cowboys to win.. You don't deserve to follow a team that has made the Grand Final.. Get a life ffs.

Caged Panther

First Grade
The fact is different people can have such wildly differing taste in music that you will never please everyone.

I like Pete Murray's music BUT having seen him live I do agree his a very uninspiring live performer. In the end the music is just to fill in time before the real entertainment. I can assure you when i think about my experiences at the 2003 GF Meatloaf isn't the first thing I think of.

Slappy

Juniors
Cockadoodledoo said:
Your team has just made their first Grand Final ever and if you followed the either the Magpies or Tigers, it has been a long time between drinks yet you find time to launch a spray against someone who is performing in the pre-match entertainment..

You just can't please some people.. Now of course the real reason is that Pete Murray has publicly backed the Cowboys to win.. You don't deserve to follow a team that has made the Grand Final.. Get a life ffs.

My musical preference and ability to see right through that sham known as Pete Murray has nothing to do with deserving to follow a team that has made the grand final.

Things that would make someone not 'deserve to follow a team that has made a grand final' would be more like people who continually put sh*t on their players even though they try their guts out! I seem to recall someone around here that doesn't appreciate the efforts of one Brett Finch, even to the point of putting it in their sig. Did you deserve to support your team in the 2004 grand final? hmmmm

Of course I don't really believe these factors actually have anything to do with deserving to support a team, I am just using this to illustrate how hopeless your argument is.

dubby

Bench
Insaneink, you are a very, very, very angry man. You must be related to Krusty the Clowns sidekick;Sideshow Roul.

Angry! Did you steal Mr Potato-Heads angry eyes?

Were you never hugged as a little boy?

Were you picked on at school?

Beat up by your little sister?

Man, you are angry!

Charlie Saab said:
rather listen to the tin lids....or maybe they could bring back Indecent Obsession.

A good mate of mine was the Drummer with IO, he's a Tigers fan too. I'll ask him if he can get the boys back for a reunion at half time....

But on topic - Pete Murray??? Good artist, but not the vibe for a league game, especially a grand final. You need "FIRE UP" music. He aint that.

Iafeta

Referee
HevyDevy said:
Green Day and Metallica are not the complete opposite of Pete Murray and Jack Johnson

Two are acoustic, two are modern rock.

... Just trying to get across I'm not a girly girly light green lycra suit wearing wannabe man even though I like Pete Murray...

hrundi99

First Grade
dubby said:
Insaneink, you are a very, very, very angry man. You must be related to Krusty the Clowns sidekick;Sideshow Roul.

Man, you are angry!

Word, brother.

Your team's in the GF Ink. Lighten up.

Raider_69

Post Whore
dubby said:

Man, you are angry!

thats an affirmative on all accounts ;-)

HevyDevy

Coach
Iafeta said:
Two are acoustic, two are modern rock.

... Just trying to get across I'm not a girly girly light green lycra suit wearing wannabe man even though I like Pete Murray...

I just consider them all to be commercial crap.

I'm still devastated by what happened to Metallica - a once great band now simply awful :(

Latest posts