What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peter Nolan Poll

Should we do everything we can within reason to retain Peter Nolan and his team

• Total voters

emjaycee

Coach
I vote NO.

Back-ended contracts, over paid missionaries, injured pommy reps and we are still paying for Mortimer and others.

I reckon Anderson should take the reins on recruitment and we can save Nolan's salary.

"Is it still April 1st?"

Bigfella

Coach
We should be getting him to train someone up as best as possible so that of and when he does go we don't lose that knowledge / experience / skill.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Peter Nolan

raining-hearts.gif

bartman

Immortal
He seems to have been doing well in his areas of responsibility. But we have to be careful not to pay overs to keep anyone, no matter how good they are.

All the rumours seem to be that he wants to relocate interstate, so it's all a moot point - you can't keep someone that doesn't want to be kept.

Tony Bongo

Bench
I vote NO.

Back-ended contracts, over paid missionaries, injured pommy reps and we are still paying for Mortimer and others.

I reckon Anderson should take the reins on recruitment and we can save Nolan's salary.

"Is it still April 1st?"

It is but it's after lunch. All the same - funny you say that!

Tony Bongo

Bench
He seems to have been doing well in his areas of responsibility. But we have to be careful not to pay overs to keep anyone, no matter how good they are.

All the rumours seem to be that he wants to relocate interstate, so it's all a moot point - you can't keep someone that doesn't want to be kept.

Rumours are a moot point Bart.

emjaycee

Coach
It is but it's after lunch. All the same - funny you say that!

Why funny Bongo?

I spoke to Pete at the Wenty v Jets game and he seemed quite happy with how things are going with our improvements to cap management and overall recruitment.

He thinks we had/have a bit too much $ tied up at Wenty but mentioned DA was happy with how him and Fieldsy are performing in the recruitment side of the role.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He thinks we had/have a bit too much $ tied up at Wenty

It's true you can have too much depth.

In a perfect world you would have eight of your top 25 on minimum salary, and the rest of your cap - about five million dollars - spent on your top 17. And then have no injuries.

In the real world you have to allow for injuries and the fact that not all NRL capable players will accept minimum salary, especially if they're recruited from outside the club.

But obviously the more you're spending on depth the less you can spend on your top 17. At least for depth players in the top 25.

hindy111

Post Whore
Can someone answer something other than f**king yes so we can have an argument and not a circlejerk?

I voted yes.

A circleJerk im guessing you only get these in Hollywood?
Im going to say up and down back and forth faster faster

Yes yes yes

Green River Eel

Juniors
Toby mongo, remember when SK left and you claimed that you had spoken to Nolan and you said he told you he was leaving the club if SK got the boot? Remember you said his heart would not be in it if SK left and his wife wanted to go home.
What ever happened to that mail?

Im voting NO, he has only ever signed two good players of any note, those being Peats and Hoppa, he fluked it with Semi, and he signed a huge amount of useless talent that we have had to get rid of, Nolan has been a total failure and is very over rated, he has lost more potential signings than he has got.

Maybe we need to go through all the totally useless signings we have bought to the club under his watch, it will be a long list, oh but no you say, the coach wanted those guys, well you cant have it both ways.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You can't turn over a shit roster straight away. It has to be done incrementally.

The fact is there was a five year plan and at year four we're looking pretty good. And that's with the disruption of three different coaches in that time. The one constant is Peter Nolan.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Fair enough mate. It could be argued that we would be going even better if we'd had a different recruitment manager. We'll never know.

But whoever we had since 2010 would have faced massive constraints. It wouldn't have been easy, and I think our current depth proves he's done a good job.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Fair enough mate. It could be argued that we would be going even better if we'd had a different recruitment manager. We'll never know.

But whoever we had since 2010 would have faced massive constraints. It wouldn't have been easy, and I think our current depth proves he's done a good job.

Is it even possible to be going any better. It doesn't get any better. We are on top of the world!

Latest posts