What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peter Nolan Poll

Should we do everything we can within reason to retain Peter Nolan and his team

• Total voters
i can't see any problem with him living in Brisbane and working for us. Anthony Field now lives in sydney, he was living up here when he worked for the broncos.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Whilst we're still waiting on a half decent arguement against doing everything to keep him at the club I'd just like to put forward a fact regarding Nolan's time at the club, it may be useful or useless but never the less it's interesting...

Since his time here in ( from January 2011) Nolan, who's fruits of his labor would of taken 3 to 4 years to surface at the club has seen 2 boards 4 CEOs 3 head coaches... Is there another recruitment manager in the comp that's had to cop that in their work place??

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I have a simple solution.

Coffs Harbour and North of same............................Nolan

Coffs Harbour and South of same...........................Nolan's assistant

Freak2

Juniors
I would vote Yes but like any position it comes down to replacement and who is available.

I think a better question would be would you prefer Peter Nolan or Noel Cleal?

eel01s

Bench
I think our talent level across all grades is higher now than when he started, so I would vote yes.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Peter Nolan, easily. He's brought kids from all over the east coast of Australia as well as N.Z. Our NYC is currently sitting in third place and this is one of the best Under 20's teams we've assembled and one of our best players, Ryan Matterson, was identified 2 years ago by Peter Nolan.

Stagger eel

Staff member
They could be good ones too. I want to see some results.

Well you weren't going to get results the last 2 or 3 years with where we were as a club... Before last year we had very few debut from our system Since 2010 Loko and Morgan were the only ones I can think of although you can probably included Allgood but he came from penrith.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
We probably won't see the full effect that Nolan has had for another 2 years when most of the players he hand-picked to be in our system come through although we are starting to see some of the players Nolan has brought over. I thought Will Badel told the club to sign Edwards though?

You only have to look at where the Broncos are at the moment to see that they are struggling without Nolan. The middle of the 2000's the Broncos would have never been forced to sign a squad player like Lowrie instead they would have just pushed one of their juniors up. If the rumours are true that Bennett will be heading back to Brisbane he'll have a jump on getting Nolan back up there and the Broncos will be a force once again.

Latest posts