What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peter Nolan Poll

Should we do everything we can within reason to retain Peter Nolan and his team

• Total voters

Tony Bongo

Bench
We should do everything we can to retain Peter Nolan and his team of talent scouts?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Maybe

4. Don't Care

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I think he has done a fantastic job, and we are only just starting to see the fruits of his labour. If he wants to go home we should let him scout for us in cornfed country.

Tony Bongo

Bench
I think he has done a fantastic job, and we are only just starting to see the fruits of his labour. If he wants to go home we should let him scout for us in cornfed country.

I agree that he has done a fantastic job too mate and it's a resounding yes from me.

Curleel

Juniors
Definitely needs to be vigorously encouraged to stay.
The build up in our depth is really quite impressive as witnessed by the performance of our NYC and Wentworthville outfits.
Add in some good top shelf buys in Peats, Hopoate and Norman (plus pretty close to Papali - not that we need him anymore with MM, KE, PP and KT coming thru) and you have one of the best recruiters in the business.:)

Stagger eel

Staff member
Definitely...

You've only got to look at our playing strength right down to the 14s and 15s development squad...

By like matters I think he'll head back to Queensland to be closer to his family at the end of the year.

Tony Bongo

Bench
Definitely...

You've only got to look at our playing strength right down to the 14s and 15s development squad...

By like matters I think he'll head back to Queensland to be closer to his family at the end of the year.

If Pete and his wife think it's best for them to move on I support them in their decision and I wish them all the best. However I have fears that there are some in charge that may not entirely support the idea of extending his contract and this concerns me.

It would surely only be a blind man that could not see what Peter Nolan brings to our club. I know we are in a tight situation financially thanks to Edwards etc but surely this is an area we desperately need to continue to invest in if we are serious about building the future of our club.

Delboy

First Grade
Yes, but family is what we all live for

Still think there is an opportunity to use him in Qld reporting to the Eels bunker in Parra, I would do that, not sure the club will see it that way. Just hope they pursue that option

Stagger eel

Staff member
If Pete and his wife think it's best for them to move on I support them in their decision and I wish them all the best. However I have fears that there are some in charge that may not entirely support the idea of extending his contract and this concerns me.

It would surely only be a blind man that could not see what Peter Nolan brings to our club. I know we are in a tight situation financially thanks to Edwards etc but surely this is an area we desperately need to continue to invest in if we are serious about building the future of our club.

We can always ask the question at the LC AGM... When is it again? May??

I'm sure you'll get a straight answer from our board of directors either way ;-)

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
If Pete wants to move back to QLD we should make sure we try and keep his scouts and try stay in contact with him just in case there's a kid who isn't sure and we can fly Nolan to go and meet him. He's one of the best in the business if not the best and has done a wonderful job with our junior base since he's been here.

Gazzamatta

Coach
When you consider the gaggle of no talent, big headed coaching pretenders he has had to work with these past few years is shows his skill and incredible knowledge of the game in an even stronger light. Id love to hear his thoughts on one R Stuart or S Kearney.
I recall that infamous AGM when Spagwhatshisname paraded the coach and team embarassingly before the meeting. It was extremely obvious to me that night that Nolan was the only person in authority that had a clue.
Whatever it takes. Keep this guy.

Latest posts