What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peter Sharp tempting Morro

dazeely

First Grade
Morro is a perfect playing partner for Hindy. Awesome combination. Huge loss IMO. Fight hard on this one Fitzy.....

jayman

Juniors
lucablight said:
Didn't he extend his contract until 2008? If so that quote by Sharp is quite inaccurate

i rem last yr about morro picking up the extra yr..around the same time as PJ and timmy extended or resigned or something....

not sure.. doesnt seem right but...Morro is one of the foundations in the team

Hurriflatch

Referee
The clause was originally in Morro's deal to allow him to go to the Central Coast if they came in and I'm betting it helped a lot in getting him here last year as if it was sign for 3 years no clause then Morro would've found another club willing to either offer him just a 2 year deal or a longer deal but with the clause.

Eela: Yeah, I know it's not a done deal that he wants out just was trying to say that it's a clause in his contract not the fact the contract has ended that could see Morro leave and if that clause is taken then he is 100% gone.

When Morro signed the extension of his deal it was with Brian Smith as head coach.

Smith's depature might have a fair bit to do with Morro wanting out, especially if he wants to follow Sharpie to England

jayman

Juniors
do you think parra would have put a contract in front of him for the extension with a get out clause allowing him to leave if Smitty left??

i would have thought.. signing the extension.. meant he picked up the 3rd yr... effectively getting rid of the get out clause..unless he never actually signed an extension...

i cant see parra giving me 2 chances to get out of his contract.. one after 2 yrs and one if smith left

wouldnt be surprised if the beaver went with sharpie.. looking to go to england and he knows sharp.. that with kennedy leaving opens up alot of room under manlys cap for lyon

Eelementary

Post Whore
Damn.

I really hope he stays - EVERYONE knows he DESERVES to be playing rep footy...

If he does go...Good luck Morro! Thanks for everything you've done!

Stagger eel

Staff member
I'm told we're still negotiating with Moro, so I guess, watch this space.

in the meantime people get accuse of not looking on the bright side of things so I'll give you a couple of positives out of Moro possably leaving.

* if memory serves me correct he'll be 32 next year, so in reality there's not too much football left in him.

* he's earning sh*tloads of money at the club and will no doubt free up room in our cap for someone like Ben Creagh, Nate Myles or Frank Pritchard.

for every player that leaves our club, they have to find a replacement on most occasions it will be externally on the odd occasion we'll see the development of some flegg players progressing through the ranks.

everyone is replaceable especially Moro I bet June 30 will be very interesting indeed.

Pazza

First Grade
Morro will be here until the end of 2007.

Cant sharp wait a year. Taia im guess would be the long term replacement.

lucablight

First Grade
eelavation said:
I'm told we're still negotiating with Moro, so I guess, watch this space.

in the meantime people get accuse of not looking on the bright side of things so I'll give you a couple of positives out of Moro possably leaving.

* if memory serves me correct he'll be 32 next year, so in reality there's not too much football left in him.

* he's earning sh*tloads of money at the club and will no doubt free up room in our cap for someone like Ben Creagh, Nate Myles or Frank Pritchard.

for every player that leaves our club, they have to find a replacement on most occasions it will be externally on the odd occasion we'll see the development of some flegg players progressing through the ranks.

everyone is replaceable especially Moro I bet June 30 will be very interesting indeed.

Ben Creagh is so overrated it's not funny. If we're trying to find "positive" notes regarding Morrison possibly leaving it's just sour grapes imo. He would be a huge loss.

jayman

Juniors
we are gonna have alot of money free if this continues...

going to be very active after june 30th...

Stagger eel

Staff member
lucablight said:
Ben Creagh is so overrated it's not funny. If we're trying to find "positive" notes regarding Morrison possibly leaving it's just sour grapes imo. He would be a huge loss.

sour grapes?? please tell me how you came to that conclusion? ....as for Creagh? most good judges rate him, he's represented his country and I believe could represent in the next 10 years, imo.

shaun

Juniors
Maybe sharp will take wagon instead of morrison.

David and tony Williams seems to be going well for junior teams. Are these guys good enough to play 1st grade in the next 1-2 years? Do they have as much potential as a young hindy?

Morro was on 2ue earlier in the week and the question was asked that rumours of him going over to England and he replied along the lines that he is contracted to parra next year, and quashed it, (but we all know contracts mean nothing), I guess he could have said he had an out clause or still an option for next year. He will be a big loss if he leaves.

Utey

Coach
Damn shame if he goes, but it makes sense.

I had no idea he was 32 next year.

jayman

Juniors
definitly make an offer to Pritchard...penrith will struggle to hold him.. and i dont think he would cost alot of money.. compared to other players unsigned.. we'd still have more than enough money to sign lyon and a good prop..

weren't we close to signing him a couple of yrs ago??.. before he decided with penrith for another 2 yrs..

Latest posts