What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peter V'landys - New NRL/ARLC Chairman

Colk

First Grade
I’d take a nines to singapore. Great stadium, amazing city to visit and chock full of rich corporates to introduce the game to. And a short flight for me :)

Exactly. If you are interested in getting American money then I don’t see why Singapore or Japan or other wealthy SE Asian countries wouldn’t interest you.

Iamback

Coach
Is Penrith really crying poor and threatening super league mark 2 ?

the same club that needed Gould to come to the rescue because they couldn’t manage their finances and were in huge debt ?

they win 2 comps and still begging for cash

What do you pay staff with nothing set?

Teams are going back to training over the next few weeks

Depends on what you want. The whole exercise in America has got very little to do with development (however Abdo and co want to spin it) and more to do with developing gambling revenue. If they want to do that with America, then why not go to Asia as well.
Macau likes gambling. Take the World Club Challenge there.

Bukowski

Juniors
In hindsight it should have been 16 teams and the path to least resistance would have been 3 or 4 relocations of Sydney sides even excluding the Bears.

I am only speaking from my own personal point of view but for me I would find it much easier to follow a relocated side than a merged one. Like, for example what does an old Magpie supporter see in the Wests Tigers?
I'm seeing less and less. I will be a member of any perth team that comes in.

siv

First Grade
That's right.

What the Storm got each year for 20 years is not much different to what each club is given today.

I'd love to hear @siv explain why it's okay to spend $36m of money from the ARLC each year to prop up the football departments of nine Sydney clubs but wrong if $5m per annum over 20 years is used on the Storm to establish a successful club in Australia's second largest market?

Why does he think nine Sydney clubs deserve it but lamblasts the idea of teams in Adelaide and Perth getting it?
Because you dont need to kill brands to expand

Stop trying to join the Sydney comp by kicking out existing clubs

That model will always be flawed

siv

First Grade
I’d like to know the clubs justification. I mean the club grant has gone from $7.5mill (below the cap) to $13mill ($3mill over cap) in a short space of time and they now want it to go to $5mill over cap? Why? So they can pay out more coaches mid contract?
Because the agreement is grant = 130℅ of salary cap

So if cap goes up to $11.5 mil grant should be $15 mil

But you need to overlay the NRLW over this

And the $5 mil football operations cap

AdelaideSharky

Juniors

This 100 times over.

I'm fed up to the back teeth of wankers in here who support interstate clubs who wanted to join the Sydney competition and now want to kick out the very clubs that made the competition what it is.

You didn't answer my question.

BTW, when non-Sydney clubs tried to get away from the "Sydney comp" Arthurson, Quayle and Packer took them to court.

Colk

First Grade

There’s a middle ground you know. Just don’t suggest adding anymore Sydney/NSW sides because the competition doesn’t need it.

Iamback

Coach
Penrith make me laugh.

They've gone back to back, their leagues club is a bloody palace and they're getting a shiny new stadium for free from the government and they still cry poor.

f**k off Penriff.

How do you guys plan to pay guys come December 1?

Fletcher had his name to the article but the NRL has agreed to $5m over the cap, No cap means no funding yet.

Hence the run of these articles across the last week?

Iamback

Coach
Because the agreement is grant = 130℅ of salary cap

So if cap goes up to $11.5 mil grant should be $15 mil

But you need to overlay the NRLW over this

And the $5 mil football operations cap

Which PVL in that Puff piece article has agreed too, Just need the CBA signed for it to happen

Colk

First Grade
This 100 times over.

I'm fed up to the back teeth of wankers in here who support interstate clubs who wanted to join the Sydney competition and now want to kick out the very clubs that made the competition what it is.

I wouldn’t worry about it. It’s not going to happen anyway. I’d find it very difficult to imagine any club dying considering the grant they all get now. I guess anything is possible in rugby league but it would be incompetence on a grand scale. The only other possibility is another COVID I guess.

Wb1234

Referee
Assuming you have never been to Singapore then? I’m also certain that you probably think playing a game in America is a good idea because V’Landys said it. Money is money and they do like gambling in Asia as much as they do in America.

Also why are you using j’s when you are laughing - are you Spanish?
Yeh and grotd should have a meeting to discuss this Singapore idea then write up a proposal to the arlc

this kind of genius is wasted on this forum

Latest posts