What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peter V'landys - New NRL/ARLC Chairman

typicalfan

Coach
I’m hesitant to make any contact via The Nrl’s website. I suspect that it just goes to some desk jockey who files any comments in the bin.

Does he have an accessible email?

any suggestions?
I would dare say his work email would also be managed by an assistant so the difference is probably minor.

BadnMean

Juniors
https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/p...k/news-story/4ca960259282caa5e987d7ae7f43dbaa

We need to be inclusive and attract Asians and other Immigrants.

Asians and Indians do not play Rugby League. They are focused on education and offer nothing to our way of life, They do not come here for the "Aussie" lifestyle.

This shit is getting ridiculous.

This is a gross generalisation that is inaccurate as far as I can tell.

So far off the mark I assumed it had to be a troll post, hardly worth refuting.

Silent Knight

First Grade
https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/p...k/news-story/4ca960259282caa5e987d7ae7f43dbaa

Asians and Indians do not play Rugby League. They are focused on education and offer nothing to our way of life, They do not come here for the "Aussie" lifestyle.

My Asian wife came with me to the Magic Round games on Saturday this year and absolutely loved them. She has watched all the FTA weekend games with me this season, knows who James Tedesco is and sports a Knights jersey better than any of the beige fat white chicks I see at games.

So much for not buying into your “Aussie” lifestyle sh*t for brains. Oh and she offers far more to our way of life than a knuckle-dragging Poorline-worshipping Neanderthal like you.

One thing about Ozzie kulcha we do agree on though, the cricket is f***ing boring, we don’t believe in sky fairies and you couldn’t pay us to stay in Bali.

taipan

Referee
Isn’t the indigenous translation of Sutherland ‘Beach of many riot’??.........

If Sutherland is now on the beach, we are well and truly stuffed.
Global warming has certainly come early and that beaut new Townsville Stadium will be a lake.

taipan

Referee
My Asian wife came with me to the Magic Round games on Saturday this year and absolutely loved them. She has watched all the FTA weekend games with me this season, knows who James Tedesco is and sports a Knights jersey better than any of the beige fat white chicks I see at games.

So much for not buying into your “Aussie” lifestyle sh*t for brains. Oh and she offers far more to our way of life than a knuckle-dragging Poorline-worshipping Neanderthal like you.

One thing about Ozzie kulcha we do agree on though, the cricket is f***ing boring, we don’t believe in sky fairies and you couldn’t pay us to stay in Bali.

Agree.
Have a Vietnamese sister in Law and a daughter going around with a guy from Mainland China.They could leave some of us for dead as to human decency, humanity and contributing to life in western Countries.
This bleeding red neck attitude shows ignorance of Olympic class magnitude.That sort of stuff was around in the 50s and 60s.and should stay there.

Diesel

Referee
Just make some noise via Twitter, tagging in NRL/NRL Media. He’ll be wanting reports/engagement from social media

no name

Coach
If you get a hold of him, let us know. I wanna know if he’s got any tips for Rosehill tomorrow.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Beattie’s first presser: the game must expand or it will die
V’landys: sydneys suburban grounds need doing up for the game to prosper.
I don’t hold out much hope V’landy is the counterbalance to Greenberg’s lack of vision we are desperate for

as for his knowledge of the game, I wonder if it extends beyond nswrl?

Generalzod

Immortal
I don’t hold out much hope V’landy is the counterbalance to Greenberg’s lack of vision we are desperate for

So what exactly do you want Vlandys to do, he already said he wants to the game to expand aren’t you happy about that, or is that he hasn’t said anything about culling a Sydney club which disappoints you?

Last edited:

Getmefood

Juniors
I like some of his traditionalist views especially refereeing, hopefully results in faster gameplay & less stoppages & correct decisions being made. Expansion should be a priority (Fiji NSW Cup team should be maintained as well as NSW & QLD State Premierships) as this is going to tie in to tv deals.

taipan

Referee

Beattie's first presser.... : result...... no decision on expansion.He at least got the no fault rule in ,.
He did play teh game and states he is an aviid fan.

V'Landys makes more than one personal prefernce/wish which actually includes footprint ie expansion. Suburban grounds just one of the priorities, not the only one.And suburban grounds do need doing up, if they want people to attend in inclement weather.

PR summation .Despite making his announcement less than 24 hours of being Chairman, he is an absolute failure.Strike up the sky is falling in band.

I'd know his knowledge about the code in this country is greater than mine, as i only played 1 year of rl, but an encyclopaedia of rl experience above yours, since he played it here as a kid up to grade level in the Gong.
BTW how much rl experience did David Smith have ,either here, there or anywhere? Saw a bloke in England with a Rabbitoh's jumper on? Someone yelled out I saw 13 players on a field?

One minute we bitch about lack of knowledge ,the next we bitch about someone who has the experience but must therefore be hopeless.
Calling Raelene Castle as Chairperson if that's the case, then we'll have expansion 25k average crowds, perfect refs, no offfield dramas.NRL paradise.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Let’s dissect his fan pandering statement a little shall we?

1. There’ll be no relocations. No sht Sherlock. There was never going to be any relocations so why even mention it?
2. Sort the refs out, good luck with that. The nrl has been trying for years. What is he going to start telling the refs how to do their jobs? Maybe he is going to tell Greenberg to ignore the media and let the refs penalise to clean the game up?
3. Increase grassroots. Well given that is a key part of the nrl’s strategic plan I’d have thought they were already planning for this?
4. Increase diversity. This I can applaud and is something the game could do better in.
5. Sort out Sydney suburban grounds. Lol yeh of course this is going to happen, after all the flack the nsw govt just copped you think they are going to chuck another $4-500mill at the 6 suburban parks?
6. re expansion all I’ve heard him say so far is not soon and one franchise, which seems a bit pre-emotive given the nrl is spending a shed of money currently doing an expansion review, again.

But hey he knew who the kangaroos capt is so a step up I suppose lol.

Dakink

Bench
Scotland score on the buzzer to finish 42 24. Ran away with it at the end.

Way too many errors from both teams but definitely a lot to build on.

Official Man of the match Greece no 6 Chase Robinson.

thorson1987

Coach

Well f**k, I guess I should tell my Indian father in law that he has been doing everything wrong since he moved here.

No more supporting the Dragons, no more visits to Wests Leagues for beers and betting on the horses. He should pack it all up, chuck on a turban and go to the local Sikh temple and pray to whichever god they believe in.

thorson1987

Coach

My father in law is more Aussie than most f**king bogans, just has dark skin and still has a slight Indian accent (been here since the 70's)

My father in law is more Aussie than most f**king bogans, just has dark skin and still has a slight Indian accent (been here since the 70's)

69741901_2466115113477564_2659149411279437824_o.jpg

Hoofhearted

Juniors
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/sp...ndys-on-suburban-grounds-20191101-p536ls.html

Sports minister keen to work with V'landys on suburban grounds
Adrian Proszenko
November 1, 2019 — 3.37pm

Acting NSW Sports Minister Geoff Lee has expressed a desire to work with new ARLC supremo Peter V'landys on the upgrade of suburban grounds to improve the game-day experience for sporting fans.

In his first press conference after succeeding Peter Beattie, V'landys earmarked the redevelopment of ageing boutique facilities among his seven “big ticket” priorities for the game. The Racing NSW chief executive will host Lee on Saturday at the Golden Eagle race meeting at Rosehill, where the subject may be broached.

16c7c709704771b10dbd841a17e76fa0b3c1b646

Manly fans have renewed hope of improvements to their home ground.CREDIT:CAMERON SPENCER

“I’m looking forward to catching up with Peter V'landys,” Lee said. “Coming from somewhere like Parramatta, I know the importance of local grounds for sport.

“Any opportunity we have to leverage off sport, we will have a look at. We’re open to any suggestions and would put everything on the table, especially when it comes to grassroots sport. Making sure it is female-friendly, ensuring the changerooms and amenities being better.

V'landys said Brookvale Oval was the ground in need of most attention and one of his venue priorities. Those sentiments were welcomed by Sea Eagles chairman Scott Penn, who is hoping the club’s $33 million centre of excellence will completed by May 2021.

“It’s terrific to have someone of Peter’s calibre overseeing the game,” Manly chairman Scott Penn said. “He is a passionate man through and through and also understands grassroots and the tribalism of rugby league. It’s exciting for all clubs for someone who understands the game and more importantly understands how to bring money into the game.

“He also understands fan expectations and what the clubs need to be sustainable going forward.

“It’s certainly music to our ears now that the overarching government stadia strategy is locked away that he is turning his attention to suburban grounds most in need. Obviously Lottoland is No.1 in terms of teams having it as their dominant home ground.”

The development application for Manly’s centre of excellence was submitted last week. Construction is scheduled to commence after the final home game of the 2020 season. The Sea Eagles hope they will be able to continue to play at Lottoland during the construction phase despite a reduced capacity, although they are likely to request more away games to start the 2021 season.

Latest posts