What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peter V'landys - New NRL/ARLC Chairman

elyod138

Bench

Valheru

Coach
He is dreaming if he thinks the government will upgrade suburban grounds.

The startegy for Sydney is pretty clear, 2 x 30-40k venues, one in the west and one in the city as well as a 75k marquee venue at Homebush.

axl rose

Bench
V'landy thinks he is going to eliminate human error in refereeing so everybody feels good about themselves when they leave the game. Good luck with that.

adamkungl

Immortal
He is dreaming if he thinks the government will upgrade suburban grounds.

The startegy for Sydney is pretty clear, 2 x 30-40k venues, one in the west and one in the city as well as a 75k marquee venue at Homebush.

He's dreaming in most of what he claims.

He's telling the DT-reading fans exactly what they want to hear. He's hit all the Buzz Rothfield talking points.
Fix the refs (please)
Save the bush (delusional)
Grassroots
Suburban grounds
bla bla bla

All positive coverage in the DT today, with a gambling or racing ad below every Rugby League article.

People didn't rate Beattie because he sometimes goofed up and said things people didn't want to hear but I'm far more suspicious of someone who rattles off everything the supposed-fans want to hear.

He may as well have said MAKE RUGBY LEAGUE GREAT AGAIN.

Happy to be proven wrong but right now I'm not buying it.
I sense a Australian Rugby League that looks inward, panders to the lowest common denominator, and is happy to keep on being the biggest fish in the smallest pond.

Don't get your hopes up if you think the sport is capable of doing more...

King hit

Coach
Hope he does well he already seems better then Beattie. Could probably name every team as well.

Hope he does well he already seems better then Beattie. Could probably name every team as well.

So being able to name every team means they are going to be a great administrator eh? Well then David Gallop must have been an all time hall of fame rugby league administrator then :rolleyes:

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
I’m hesitant to make any contact via The Nrl’s website. I suspect that it just goes to some desk jockey who files any comments in the bin.

Does he have an accessible email?

any suggestions?

King hit

Coach
So being able to name every team means they are going to be a great administrator eh? Well then David Gallop must have been an all time hall of fame rugby league administrator then :rolleyes:
It’s not naming every team that makes you a great administrator. I was taking the piss out of an idiot like Beattie who claimed to have been a lifetime fan but didn’t know the sharks and made gaffe after gaffe

beave

Coach
It’s not naming every team that makes you a great administrator. I was taking the piss out of an idiot like Beattie who claimed to have been a lifetime fan but didn’t know the sharks and made gaffe after gaffe

C’mon mate, ragging on Beattie for his minor gaffes here and there........you were claiming Joey invented round the corner goal kicking in RL..........

Half the people in Sutherland don’t even know they’re in Sutherland.........

taipan

Referee
C’mon mate, ragging on Beattie for his minor gaffes here and there........you were claiming Joey invented round the corner goal kicking in RL..........

Half the people in Sutherland don’t even know they’re in Sutherland.........

No, all the people in the Sutherland Shire all know it'd PARAdise not to be confused with PARAmatta.

Canard

Immortal
V' Undies slap down of Izzy Fool will troll the shit out of half of LU.

For that salt, I'm thankful.

Hoofhearted

Juniors
I’m hesitant to make any contact via The Nrl’s website. I suspect that it just goes to some desk jockey who files any comments in the bin.

Does he have an accessible email?

any suggestions?
I cant believe his personal email and phone number aren't listed on the NRL website, outrageous!!:D:D:D

typicalfan

Coach