What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peter V'landys - New NRL/ARLC Chairman

Perth Red

Post Whore
The truth really hurts doesnt it? Nothing I have posted about this isnt fact.
NSWRL civil war in court, lost twice - Fact
CBA terrible negotiations - fact
NSW govt stadium debacle - fact
Horrible tv deal - fact
Record revenue gap going to get even wider with main competitor - fact

But hey ho keep those rose tints on lads

Wb1234

Referee
Horrible tv deal - fact

I’m going to repeat this for you

in 45 years I’ve been watching this competition this is probably the second strongest it’s ever been

and the dolphins are a way better side than the crushers will ever be. That club will be worth 200 million within five years

They will be providing growth to the nrl for at least a decade

The_Wookie

Bench
Horrible tv deal - fact

Theres the truth, and then theres the truth. Hes made some poor calls, sure, but the league as a whole is in better position now than it was before he took over. Not every league has to be the AFL or will be the AFL.

And the AFL was never going to sit around and just watch the NRL rise either.

CBA negotiations are almost never as terrible as media reports would have you believe, and all reports have it as almost done....sooo no big deal.
NSW Govt stadium thing...well that was just naive on his part
TV deal - could have been better, and his reasoning was downright stupid - BUT STILL A RECORD TV DEAL

Always room for improvement - as others have said, theres sponsor deals and an increase in rights coming this year. For all issues, theres still in record revenue, delivering big profits, building assets. Audiences are up, Support is up. Especially given the impact of COVID. Im not sure where the downside is really.

The Penguin #6.

Juniors
I think we all have to admit there has been some missteps, but the situation is far from all doom and gloom. The ARLC seem to be very bullish, to quote them " very ambitious plans for the next five years" and I think there is enough good news in there to not doubt them and to give them the opportunity to fulfil those ambitions.
V`landy`s and Abdo are no fools and I would suggest are extremely motivated, they will both realise their shortcomings to this point. I`m quite prepared to give both the benefit of the doubt thus far and see what unfolds over the next period before I write them off.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Theres the truth, and then theres the truth. Hes made some poor calls, sure, but the league as a whole is in better position now than it was before he took over. Not every league has to be the AFL or will be the AFL.

And the AFL was never going to sit around and just watch the NRL rise either.

CBA negotiations are almost never as terrible as media reports would have you believe, and all reports have it as almost done....sooo no big deal.
NSW Govt stadium thing...well that was just naive on his part
TV deal - could have been better, and his reasoning was downright stupid - BUT STILL A RECORD TV DEAL

Always room for improvement - as others have said, theres sponsor deals and an increase in rights coming this year. For all issues, theres still in record revenue, delivering big profits, building assets. Audiences are up, Support is up. Especially given the impact of COVID. Im not sure where the downside is really.
Like I said no shame in being a strong second

Wb1234

Referee
Was that the old fella they rolled out at the last GF? He hasnt aged well lol
Yeh there was another pom that was commenting about Jimmy Barnes saying he hadn’t heard of him and he wasn’t famous in Australia

Just more evidence of pommie league fans (lack of) knowledge of the Australian game

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Horrible tv deal - fact

He's not perfect but afl.

Latest posts