What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peter V'landys - New NRL/ARLC Chairman

Storm80

Juniors
Vlandys ball is ruining the game

and picking the dollphins was terrible lmao
Firstly, it took most clubs 3 preseasons to get their players fit enough to be able to play to the six again rule week in week out. The blowouts since covid 2020 never needed to happen, as the game was great before all the rule changes.

Second, the dolphins supposedly had 32k fans at Suncorp. There is no way there was that many there. The top deck was not even open and as they panned around the ground only about 2/3rds of the bottom two decks were full. All decks/stands in the stadium would need to be 2/3rds full to hit 34,650.

So yeah, creative accounting at suncorp no doubt. On top of that, they failed to sell out 52,500. It reiterates exactly what I been saying about selecting the dolphins - they will always be the little brother to the Broncos and a nice little team of battlers from Redcliffe.

Even the crowd was chanting “Redcliffe”. Why? Because they are Redcliffe, they aren’t Brisbane. It’s like thinking the Illawarra Steelers are a Sydney club and randoms from around Sydney would start supporting them.

Dropping the Redcliffe name is the stupidest thing about this club. They are a northern suburb 40km from Brisbane and no one without a direct connection to Redcliffe will support them long term, certainly no one south of Strathpine will. Which is going to be a problem long term for them.

That game would have been a sellout had it been for a team that represented south and west Brisbane. I was actually shocked at the game not being sold out. Even for me, I figured the easiest sell out at Suncorp they’d ever get would be round 1.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Firstly, it took most clubs 3 preseasons to get their players fit enough to be able to play to the six again rule week in week out. The blowouts since covid 2020 never needed to happen, as the game was great before all the rule changes.

Second, the dolphins supposedly had 32k fans at Suncorp. There is no way there was that many there. The top deck was not even open and as they panned around the ground only about 2/3rds of the bottom two decks were full. All decks/stands in the stadium would need to be 2/3rds full to hit 34,650.

So yeah, creative accounting at suncorp no doubt. On top of that, they failed to sell out 52,500. It reiterates exactly what I been saying about selecting the dolphins - they will always be the little brother to the Broncos and a nice little team of battlers from Redcliffe.

Even the crowd was chanting “Redcliffe”. Why? Because they are Redcliffe, they aren’t Brisbane. It’s like thinking the Illawarra Steelers are a Sydney club and randoms from around Sydney would start supporting them.

Dropping the Redcliffe name is the stupidest thing about this club. They are a northern suburb 40km from Brisbane and no one without a direct connection to Redcliffe will support them long term, certainly no one south of Strathpine will. Which is going to be a problem long term for them.

That game would have been a sellout had it been for a team that represented south and west Brisbane. I was actually shocked at the game not being sold out. Even for me, I figured the easiest sell out at Suncorp they’d ever get would be round 1.
Titans managed to get 42k for their opening game at Suncorp!
Yeh Firehawks would no doubt be better supported in Brisbane, being an actual Brisbane club and all that.

Best thing that could happen would be for Dolphins to eventually call themselves North Brisbane or Moreton Bay and play FT out of Suncorp and work their arses off to build a membership in the Northern area of the city.
But hey News ltd got the team they demanded so all good for pistol pete.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Yeh Firehawks would no doubt be better supported in Brisbane, being an actual Brisbane club and all that.

Best thing that could happen would be for Dolphins to eventually call themselves North Brisbane or Moreton Bay and play FT out of Suncorp and work their arses off to build a membership in the Northern area of the city.
You're a punishment

Pneuma

First Grade

Potato

Pneuma

First Grade
Interesting to watch Perth dread and his Mr sir echo Storm80 fire negatives against one of the greatest weekends of rugby league I’ve seen in over 40 years. Takes special sorts of guys to be so miserable. Some serious spite issues going on there. I had a ball this weekend. So did most of us. But then there is these two clods.

Desert Qlder

First Grade

Playing with your little doodle?

32k easy

pvrAcy.jpg

Last edited:

849E8DC9-56E8-4122-A2CD-1705C2A107FE.jpeg

King hit

Coach

5410A3A8-FFCC-4C67-9496-B19C7BB9A165.jpeg