What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peter V'landys - New NRL/ARLC Chairman

Canard

Immortal

Chins get the wins

First Grade
UFC fighters get paid very little overall, especially in comparison to boxers

The lower tier can be as little as $10k a fight.
Boxers make even less when they start but blow MMA away at the top. Journeymen fighters make more in the UFC

Canard

Immortal
Boxing is a joke when guys like Jake and Logan Paul and mayweather are fighting mma stars for a huge pay day
So when people who aren't Boxers fight someone else who isn't a boxer, Boxing is a joke?

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

BlueandGold

Juniors
Former RL players can make more out of Boxing than actually UFC stars.

The difference in pay between Boxing and MMA is very large.

Well those southerners have outshone Mr V'Landys with their slick marketing gimmick when it released its draw this morning. Their great Round 1 plan has been given a fantastically innovative name .......

..... Opening Round :p

I mean how can the NRL compete with that kind of innovative thinking. They're doomed :):p

Last edited:
Well those southerners have outshone Mr V'Landys with their slick marketing gimmick when it released its draw this morning. Their great Round 1 plan has been given a fantastically innovative name .......

I mean how can the NRL compete with that kind of innovative thinking. They're doomed :):p
It’s quite clever as it could be seen to have sexual connotations

Valheru

Coach

I'm no AFL hater but this is laughable

All because Richmond/Carlton had a sook about not playing the first game of round 1 so apparently in their minds not calling it round 1 somehow changes the fact it still isn't the first fixture of the season

Canard

Immortal

Second, V’Landys has a penchant for making streaky decisions. Take for instance recent real estate purchases which raised eyebrows within racing. It was revealed last month Racing NSW bought a $1.45 million apartment in Sydney’s CBD for “visiting stewards”. That goes with a $860,000 studio on Bathurst St purchased last year.

The idea that the Chris Minns Labor government would roll over for Balding, on the request of V’Landys and some others in racing, shows you who how influential the Racing CEO is. Yet, to actually introduce legislation to extend Racing NSW statutory term limits (again!) for an administrator is risible.