What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peter V'landys - New NRL/ARLC Chairman

MugaB

Coach
I could be wrong but I think the Shire is second only to Penrith in junior numbers. At the very least, a massive growth area for footy.
They are, and have swallowed up the dragons traditional area and club comps in and around the georges bay area... whatever this storm08 idiot has said is absolute garbage..
Its great you are in awe of Penrith, because its more about effort on effort rather than just wrestling tactics.. every team wrestles.. thanks to the jujitsu trainers of the storm a decade ago.. to say that is completely gone is a myth, but its definitely a better game with less of it... how you prefered the stop start game precovid, is mindblowing, one ref has kept the game flowing better, and less stoppages in play if the game is adjudicated properly and played properly aswell.... hence that week one souffs V rorters game went off the rails due to players forgetting to play rl...six again is great as the lazy fkwit players giving away penalties or slowing down the ruck get shafted now.. its shown the squad who aren't fit enough to play the game at an elite level for 80 mins

Colk

First Grade
Why?

So another wealthy part of Sydney can be handed over to the Swans?

Why does everything have to be so black and white.

I don’t agree with the other poster about moving your whole club to Gosford but you play at an absolute dump of a ground. There is no reason why you couldn’t have tried to expand your supporter base by playing at other grounds (half at Gosford/half at Brookvale or half Gosford/half SFS) and thus become a true North Sydney/CC side.

t-ba

Post Whore
Why does everything have to be so black and white.

I don’t agree with the other poster about moving your whole club to Gosford but you play at an absolute dump of a ground. There is no reason why you couldn’t have tried to expand your supporter base by playing at other grounds (half at Gosford/half at Brookvale or half Gosford/half SFS) and thus become a true North Sydney/CC side.

See the point is, we don't give a f**k about your opinion mate.

Why do we need to expand our supporter base?

We've never been bailed out by the NSWRL and NRL and have won more premierships in the last 50 years than any other club. Despite being a basketcase from a management perspective. for about 20 years now we're still here.

Just because some weirdos obsessed with dots on a map don't like us or Cronulla doesn't mean particularly much at all. We're here and it doesn't really seem like we're going anywhere.

Also, have you ever tried taking public transport from Gosford to Brookvale? lol

Colk

First Grade
See the point is, we don't give a f**k about your opinion mate.

Why do we need to expand our supporter base?

We've never been bailed out by the NSWRL and NRL and have won more premierships in the last 50 years than any other club. Despite being a basketcase from a management perspective. for about 20 years now we're still here.

Just because some weirdos obsessed with dots on a map don't like us or Cronulla doesn't mean particularly much at all. We're here and it doesn't really seem like we're going anywhere.

Also, have you ever tried taking public transport from Gosford to Brookvale? lol

Cognitive dissonance much? You seem to be protesting quite a lot for somebody who doesn’t seem to and I quote “give a f*** about your opinion mate“

Firstly, you can’t lament as a supporter about fumbleball taking over North Sydney whilst your club ‘the insular peninsula’does nothing about it and you advocate that. Dissonance again.

Also, you were never ever going to have 11 or 12 Sydney clubs in a national competition so for the benefit of the code in general other clubs had to try and expand their supporter bases. That is just a fact.

Secondly, you have heard of cars right. Things that you drive to get you from one destination to the other. Also, just maybe playing games in other regions like Gosford is not about people like you but people who support Manly but don’t live in Manly or people you could make into Manly supporters with a bit of effort; or are you suggesting that this doesn’t or would never likely exist?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Except the part about having any juniors.

But that's OK, the Sydney clubs you disparage at every opportunity will provide Perth's players.
What you talking about? I literally said the only box NOT ticked is elite pathways lol. Kind of ironic comment as well from an eels fan given the eels have a WC Pirates jnr on the wing!

t-ba

Post Whore
Cognitive dissonance much? You seem to be protesting quite a lot for somebody who doesn’t seem to and I quote “give a f*** about your opinion mate“

cOGnITiVE dISSoNAnCE

ROFLMAO.

Firstly, you can’t lament as a supporter about fumbleball taking over North Sydney whilst your club ‘the insular peninsula’does nothing about it and you advocate that. Dissonance again.

We're a club from Manly not from the North Shore lol. Norths fan hate us. In pretty much every sport you can imagine the North Shore and the Northern Beaches are historical rivals, even down to dumb shit like state basketball comps that roughly 17 people care about.

You should come here to find out for yourself. It's a nice part of the world.

Also, you were never ever going to have 11 or 12 Sydney clubs in a national competition so for the benefit of the code in general other clubs had to try and expand their supporter bases. That is just a fact.

You keep bringing up that up. Who gives a f**k mate? It's not a point I've brought up so I've got nfi why you keep mentioning it to me.

The point is that the loss of several clubs has seen other sports take a march on those areas. The North Shore, which has no club, is the Swans strongest area, and the Inner West, which barely has a half a club, is their second strongest area. The sheer desire to ignore that reality by compounding that by further consolidating Sydney is mind numbingly stupid.

Now you want Manly to do a Wests Tigers which has been pretty f**king good for Australian Football.

some c0GNiTiVE dISSoNanCE right there brother!

Secondly, you have heard of cars right. Things that you drive to get you from one destination to the other. Also, just maybe playing games in other regions like Gosford is not about people like you but people who support Manly but don’t live in Manly or people you could make into Manly supporters with a bit of effort; or are you suggesting that this doesn’t or would never likely exist?

Not everyone drives.

Plenty of people like to drink at the footy.

It's a near two hour drive between Gosford and Brookvale on a good day. It's about twice as quick to drive between Lang Park and Robina Stadium than it is Gosford and Brookvale.

These are not places remotely close to one another unless you decide to ignore pesky shit like Broken Bay.

Faulty thinking about basic things like Geography is a clear sign of c0GnITIvE dIsSOnAnCE!

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
What you talking about? I literally said the only box NOT ticked is elite pathways lol. Kind of ironic comment as well from an eels fan given the eels have a WC Pirates jnr on the wing!
I'm not an eels fan you pelican.

It's a pretty big box not to be ticked.
Melbourne have been sucking on the teat of every other club without providing any juniors, we don't need another team doing the same.

t-ba

Post Whore
Except the part about having any juniors.

But that's OK, the Sydney clubs you disparage at every opportunity will provide Perth's players.

Even a shitdump district like North Sydney has produced local juniors like Mitch Pearce and Kieran Foran which is a far sight better than anything produced outside of the heartlands.

t-ba

Post Whore
Was

but it’s ok to have done that with a far larger and richer area in the lower and north shore ?

WTF is the Lower and North Shore?

Who cares. It happened. It's history.

Can't turn back time.

Can avoid making the same mistakes again.

This seems like a really simple proposition.

t-ba

Post Whore
Don't mention Kieron Foran, these blokes will start fantasising about his dad again.

The idea that a dude like him would get involved full time in something as bush league as Australian Sports administration is adorable. He was the CEO of Walmart, who own single stores that probably have higher turnovers than Collingwood and the Broncos combined.

Wb1234

Referee
WTF is the Lower and North Shore?

Who cares. It happened. It's history.

Can't turn back time.

Can avoid making the same mistakes again.

This seems like a really simple proposition.
If your going to jump in at least read the conversation

yes the bears will be part of team 18

pretty funny you just write off the north shore like that

literally dwarfs the northern beaches

Obviously going back now norths would’ve been a stronger team to keep than manly but arko wouldn’t allow that

t-ba

Post Whore
If your going to jump in at least read the conversation

yes the bears will be part of team 18

pretty funny you just write off the north shore like that

literally dwarfs the northern beaches

The damage has been done dude. It's been an entire generation. People having kids now can barely remember the Bears. f**k, I'm in my 30s and I barely remember the Bears.

At this stage I want the Bears back more for the fact it would be hilarious to watch all the expansionist weirdos lose their minds when Greg Florimo brings them back to NSO full time after half arsing a home ground split for like three years.

Obviously going back now norths would’ve been a stronger team to keep than manly but arko wouldn’t allow that

Arko had been sidelined by 1999 mate.

Norths deciding to move to another city at a time when the NRL was culling clubs was the cause of their demise not some old dude who had retired to Burleigh Waters.

Melbourne have been sucking on the teat of every other club without providing any juniors, we don't need another team doing the same.
You can’t blame his confusion when your avatar has the great Parramatta legend, Ricky Stuart wearing a freshly minted Parramatta jersey from Peter Wynns store no doubt

Wb1234

Referee
The damage has been done dude. It's been an entire generation. People having kids now can barely remember the Bears. f**k, I'm in my 30s and I barely remember the Bears.

Arko had been sidelined by 1999 mate.

Norths deciding to move to another city at a time when the NRL was culling clubs was the cause of their demise not some old dude who had retired to Burleigh Waters.
You know the cause of their demise lmao

your club

the thing about foundation clubs … which manly aren’t … is the people have a long standing ties to the club.

just like when they brought back souths

the north shore is a valuable part of Sydney which rugby league has neglected

but anyway you can stick to supporting a small club playing in what is really a dump

Perth Red

Post Whore

Storm have shown that we do lol. successful on and off the field beyond most clubs. taking the best 16 year olds and turning them into first graders, that’s an nrl clubs job. Who care where they played u8’s?

Latest posts