What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peter V'landys - New NRL/ARLC Chairman

Back on to NRL administrations decision for the Dolphins to get the licence.

What’s the broncos first “city edition” jersey look like?

They have the river and inner south and west suburbs included as the geographical landmark on the front, with the story bridge and skyline on the back haha

All that BS people on here gave me about the dolphins gonna create this instant and huge rivalry in places 60km plus from Redcliffe can eat a dick.

Broncos positioning themselves as “Brisbanes” team (in south and west) while the dolphins are will be painted as the little suburban club from the north which no one south of the river will give two shits about.

Who would have guessed it? Who would have thought the Dolphins would get set up to be the little brother up the road that doesn’t represent Brisbane and will struggle to get a foothold in most of the brisbane market?

Could see it a mile off. And no question about it, the courier mail and news Ltd will push the broncos as “Brisbane’s only team” in perpetuity (99 years).

It certainly makes more sense why the NRL wanted the lolphins to have shitloads of cash prior to entering. Cause they gonna have to set fire to it to seriously take on news Ltd while the Broncos are marketed as brisbanes team.

Such a stupid decision to go with the lolphins over the Firehawks. They don’t really stand a chance to get on an even playing field with the broncos.
When did they release this jersey?

Colk

First Grade
Yeah, let's put the lunatics in charge of the asylum.

What could possibly go wrong?

Huh? I would say the lunatics are already in charge - need I remind you about the 6 again farce.

They are the employees so they should have a say regarding the conditions of their work. If you are an employee would you not want a say on your work conditions?

Wb1234

Referee
Huh? I would say the lunatics are already in charge - need I remind you about the 6 again farce.

They are the employees so they should have a say regarding the conditions of their work. If you are an employee would you not want a say on your work conditions?
Six again eliminated wrestling

it would’ve worked fine if coaches weren’t cheats and told their teams to infringe on tackle one to slow down the game

the rule makers are fine it’s the coaches who should be held responsible

Six again eliminated wrestling

it would’ve worked fine if coaches weren’t cheats and told their teams to infringe on tackle one to slow down the game

the rule makers are fine it’s the coaches who should be held responsible
Exploiting loopholes is part of the coach’s job tbf. We need rule makers that are as least as smart as the coaches.

Wb1234

Referee
Exploiting loopholes is part of the coach’s job tbf. We need rule makers that are as least as smart as the coaches.
Yes it is

but your coach doesn’t coach his teams to cheat

and it’s cost you games too

they don’t even coach their players on how to play eyes up rugby league

most coaches should be pushed off a cliff the game would be better without them

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yep. Seems reasonable to compare V'landys to a dictator.

Although I haven't heard of him killing or oppressing anyone.

Bless. Lol. Pokie den. Afl is better.
well one definition is “a person who behaves in an autocratic way.”. If the shoe fits!

Yes it is

but your coach doesn’t coach his teams to cheat

and it’s cost you games too

they don’t even coach their players on how to play eyes up rugby league

most coaches should be pushed off a cliff the game would be better without them
There's always going to be issues to exploit.

Coaches introduced wrestling (which is not directly cheating), players will lie down to milk penalties from the bunker, coaches will tell defences to keep a skinny 10 and pretty much play offside, etc.

Thinking six again would fix it and all coaches don't embarras Vlandys was always going to be niave.

And as for pushing coaches off a cliff, I'd start with the administrators first

Wb1234

Referee
Greenberg
There's always going to be issues to exploit.

Coaches introduced wrestling (which is not directly cheating), players will lie down to milk penalties from the bunker, coaches will tell defences to keep a skinny 10 and pretty much play offside, etc.

Thinking six again would fix it and all coaches don't embarras Vlandys was always going to be niave.

And as for pushing coaches off a cliff, I'd start with the administrators first
so what was your solution to get rid of wrestling ?

as I said above not every coach is negative eg Trent Robinson

you know coaches could coach their teams to play rugby league

half the comp struggle with the very basic elements

the look of sheer panic on many teams when they get a penalty ten metres out from the try line and they have no idea what to do

head office is the only thing taking the game forward

club bosses are just relying on ever increasing handouts to cover their failure to grow crowds or memberships significantly

I’m sure it frustrates vlandys and abdo having to deal with such inept club and state bosses to try and grow the overall game

I would say wrestling does border on cheating.

it’s why Penrith are so far of everyone else is they actually play rugby league when many other clubs are still stuck playing a poor version of storm ball

Perth Red

Post Whore
Greenberg

the look of sheer panic on many teams when they get a penalty ten metres out from the try line and they have no idea what to do

club bosses are just relying on ever increasing handouts to cover their failure to grow crowds or memberships significantly

I’m sure it frustrates vlandys and abdo having to deal with such inept club and state bosses to try and grow the overall game

it’s why Penrith are so far of everyone else is they actually play rugby league when many other clubs are still stuck playing a poor version of storm ball
That and being 3m offside every play of the ball!

Storm80

Juniors
When did they release this jersey?
It was on the asic site i think (i got it from big footy though haha). They’ve taken it down. Must have been a mistake to put it up. I assume they will “officially” release it in the week they play the lolphins.

Why would you wear a “city” jersey so blatantly “Brisbane” against anyone else but the lolphins? I’m guessing this jersey will be worn for two games, rounds 4 and 18. Guess who they playing?? Haha

If I’m News Ltd I’m taking every chance I get to stomp on the lolphins and remind everyone who’s the “Brisbane” team. After all, it’s their shareholders money on the line.

All the rants I been on, about how the river is so important to defining the city (north and south) and how much south and west means to News Ltd (without having to do any work) is 100% accurate.

The broncos, apart from moving to QE2 due to dispute with QRL and Lang park, have only ever paid lip service to everything south of the river. Do they even play trials south of the river?

I read the rail network will be extended at some point from Springfield thru Ripley Valley to Ipswich in future. It will make a train loop thru south west that has the Lions new training ground such easy access.

If anyone on this website isn’t concerned by the following:

- a team in Redcliffe (a shit hole on Moreton bay no one cares about 40km from CBD, 63km from Redlands, 78km from Ipswich and 81km from Logan
- gifting News Ltd SW Brisbane without having to do anything
- allowing the AFL and lions direct access Ipswich kids

Then they gotta be anti rugby league fans and “fumbleball” lovers.

NRL has completely f**ked the Brisbane2. They pandered to News Ltd and have gifted SW Brisbane to the lions in the next 10 years leading up to the Olympics with a new stadium and the no.1 pick going to a top 4 teams. The lions are going to be top 6 for the next ten years.

It was Gus Gould that used to preach the threat of AFL in west Sydney. He basically built Penriths juniors a decade ago to undermine GWS and for the benefit of Penrith.

Who’s the Gus Gould for the Broncos? There ain’t one. News Ltd are too lazy to bother. Its a “captured” market in their view, so a “city” jersey with south and west suburbs on a jersey will suffice.

We also know Murdoch wants to make AFL the no.1 sport across Australia - this di his company owning the biggest club (broncos) in the NRL.

Notice how the “city” jersey doesn’t even include northern suburbs?? Haha because they know they have them by the balls haha they know anything 5kms from Redcliffe identities with “Brisbane” haha.

That’s why you put Brisbane2 where the people are and where they are most parochial, which is south of the river.

God help the lolphins… cause the NRL sure won’t

Also on a personal note, I’ve written another essay haven’t I? Haha Jesus I love how being 100% accurate about the lolphins being the wrong option for Brisbane boosts my ego, almost as much as I love showing up the deluded PVL suck jobs on here.

NRL is nothing but News Ltd stooges. Sadly always will be under current administration.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
It was on the asic site i think (i got it from big footy though haha). They’ve taken it down. Must have been a mistake to put it up. I assume they will “officially” release it in the week they play the lolphins.

Why would you wear a “city” jersey so blatantly “Brisbane” against anyone else but the lolphins? I’m guessing this jersey will be worn for two games, rounds 4 and 18. Guess who they playing?? Haha

If I’m News Ltd I’m taking every chance I get to stomp on the lolphins and remind everyone who’s the “Brisbane” team. After all, it’s their shareholders money on the line.

All the rants I been on, about how the river is so important to defining the city (north and south) and how much south and west means to News Ltd (without having to do any work) is 100% accurate.

The broncos, apart from moving to QE2 due to dispute with QRL and Lang park, have only ever paid lip service to everything south of the river. Do they even play trials south of the river?

I read the rail network will be extended at some point from Springfield thru Ripley Valley to Ipswich in future. It will make a train loop thru south west that has the Lions new training ground such easy access.

- a team in Redcliffe (a shit hole on Moreton bay no one cares about 40km from CBD, 63km from Redlands, 78km from Ipswich and 81km from Logan

NRL has completely f**ked the Brisbane2. They pandered to News Ltd and have gifted SW Brisbane to the lions in the next 10 years leading up to the Olympics with a new stadium and the no.1 pick going to a top 4 teams. The lions are going to be top 6 for the next ten years.

It was Gus Gould that used to preach the threat of AFL in west Sydney. He basically built Penriths juniors a decade ago to undermine GWS and for the benefit of Penrith.

Who’s the Gus Gould for the Broncos? There ain’t one. News Ltd are too lazy to bother. Its a “captured” market in their view, so a “city” jersey with south and west suburbs on a jersey will suffice.

We also know Murdoch wants to make AFL the no.1 sport across Australia - this di his company owning the biggest club (broncos) in the NRL.

Notice how the “city” jersey doesn’t even include northern suburbs?? Haha because they know they have them by the balls haha they know anything 5kms from Redcliffe identities with “Brisbane” haha.

That’s why you put Brisbane2 where the people are and where they are most parochial, which is south of the river.

Also on a personal note, I’ve written another essay haven’t I? Haha Jesus I love how being 100% accurate about the lolphins being the wrong option for Brisbane boosts my ego, almost as much as I love showing up the deluded PVL suck jobs on here.

NRL is nothing but News Ltd stooges. Sadly always will be under current administration.
Sadly the admission of dolphins mean at some point in years to come we will have to use another license to actually create a Brisbane2. He who pays the piper and all that.

Another comedy genius to accompany the other two .
The sky is falling crap ( Aflol taking over) has been sprouted over & over for the last 2 decades.
it ain’t happening…if the SL war and the afl gifting Brisbane premierships didn’t do much damage to RL then what makes you think a new RL team in Bris is going to sink the ship .
Some people thrive on their negative fantasies .

Canard

Immortal
Greenberg

The Roosters are the sole reason for 6 again.

There negative tactic of giving away deliberate penalties on their own goal line, had to be stopped as it ruining the game and turned into a turd.

There were instances of Roosters yelling at the ref to penalise them.

And even after the 6 again was introduced, they realised they could exploit it on opposition goal lines, and thus forced another change.

Not sure where this lionisation of Robinson comes from.

Iamback

Coach
6 again was fine, poor squads and no 2nd tier footy in 2020. Was the cause of the blowouts.

Anything that attempts to rid the wrestle is good with me

Latest posts