What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peter Wallace

mxlegend99

Referee
Wallace is a solid player.

But i don't think he is the player Broncos rate him as. I really hope he nails it for Brisbane and helps solve the halves problems NSW have. Likewise, i'd love to see Clinton tearing it up and playing for the Blues.

I'm glad to have change at our club. Our current team is full of too many overpaid, underperforming players. Getting rid of the likes of Clinton, Gower, Priddis, Big T etc. is going to help us. Those are some major changes.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Looking forward to him coming along. He is creative and has a kicking game and by the looks of it a fantastic goalkicker!

mightypanther

Juniors
curious said:
Watch the game against Manly, he was awesome.

Pity he didn't play that well before that game, and he certainly hasn't played that well since.

One good game does not a great player make.

badav

Bench
mightypanther said:
What a ridiculous exaggeration.:roll:

Well he kicked that field goal against us
and was man of the match against manly

that accounts for half of the panthers wins so far this season.

mxlegend99

Referee
Except in both games, our forwards actually carved up for a change. In our wins, i'd argue Frank Pritchard has been the main reason for them. The Manly game was his best of the season, and the only in which he was that impressive.

mightypanther

Juniors
badav said:
Well he kicked that field goal against us
and was man of the match against manly

that accounts for half of the panthers wins so far this season.

They were also the only 2 games this season where the whole team actually played together......as a team.

He sure as hell didn't win those games alone off his amazing skill..:roll:

And on all those many many weeks when the team has failed together........he has been an equal contributor to those losses also.

badav

Bench
I dont know what point your trying to prove but it sounds like your saying that he goes good when the forwards do.

Well thats the same as any halfback or 5/8th in the comp. Hence why i said think in the wrong environment to succeed at the moment.

JW

Coach
lockyno1 said:
Looking forward to him coming along. He is creative and has a kicking game and by the looks of it a fantastic goalkicker!

He'll have trouble getting past Darius for the halfback spot though, won't he Locky?

No one is more "creative" than young Boyd.

mightypanther

Juniors
badav said:
I dont know what point your trying to prove but it sounds like your saying that he goes good when the forwards do.

Well thats the same as any halfback or 5/8th in the comp. Hence why i said think in the wrong environment to succeed at the moment.

No what I was saying, is that he's no better or worse than anyone else in the team.

He is average. He performs well ONLY when the rest of the team performs well.

That means that his general skills do not warrant him being referred to as the man of the match player that you all seem to think he is.

But that's my opinion.........and you have yours........good luck to you.

Each to their own.

dio

Juniors
lockyno1 said:
Darius will be in the centres JW, looking cute as always.

are you 1 of wittyfans mates or somthing(batting for the other team now that the imagenary wife left you)

_Johnsy

Referee
I have thought that somewhere in QLD there would be a "young man" who is up to the task of playing 5/8 or halfback @ nrl level, surprising indeed.

_Johnsy

Referee
Sal I meant with the talent pool the broncs have at their disposal, even kids in nq want to play for the broncs 1st, they would have had someone for the role.
either cyril is loosing his touch or mismanagement at the club? I am sure most young kids would jump at the opportunity to play at the broncs.

salivor

First Grade
Cyril? Did you think that nickname up all on your own sweet cheeks? I believe his title is head coach not recruitment officer.

I think the talent pool for the Broncos is over-estimated. Just about every club in the competition now is affiliated with a Qld cup side or has a feeder club giving them first dibs on those players. You only have to look at a club like the Storm who are basically the unofficial 4th Qld side who are undoubtably killing us in recruitment.

So in the last couple of years we get left with the likes of Green, Perry, Seymour and McConnell. The club had no choice but to look to the player market, a couple of years too late IMO.

_Johnsy

Referee
salivor said:
Cyril? Did you think that nickname up all on your own sweet cheeks? I believe his title is head coach not recruitment officer.

I think the talent pool for the Broncos is over-estimated. Just about every club in the competition now is affiliated with a Qld cup side or has a feeder club giving them first dibs on those players. You only have to look at a club like the Storm who are basically the unofficial 4th Qld side who are undoubtably killing us in recruitment.

So in the last couple of years we get left with the likes of Green, Perry, Seymour and McConnell. The club had no choice but to look to the player market, a couple of years too late IMO.

i thought the talent scouts name was cyrill ?????. Jeesus you are good I can't even discuss anything about the broncs without you getting all huffy.

If the storm are killing you in recruitment, was does this say about your clubs recruitment technique/ability/direction

Canard

Immortal
Cyrill Connell is indeed a long term talent scout for the Broncos? He would be about 198 by now

Lots of so called Broncos fans on here that dont seem to know much about the club. As for there talent pool being overrated as far as quanity goes I remember seeing some figures and the Broncos have something like 4 to 5 times the about of junior players signed to "scholarships" etc. then the Cowboys and Storm combined.

Although as far as NQ kids wanting to play for the Bronx first, I would say that would be a definite yes 5 years ago, but these days Im not so sure.

_Johnsy

Referee
Canard said:
Cyrill Connell is indeed a long term talent scout for the Broncos? He would be about 198 by now

Lots of so called Broncos fans on here that dont seem to know much about the club. As for there talent pool being overrated as far as quanity goes I remember seeing some figures and the Broncos have something like 4 to 5 times the about of junior players signed to "scholarships" etc. then the Cowboys and Storm combined.

Although as far as NQ kids wanting to play for the Bronx first, I would say that would be a definite yes 5 years ago, but these days Im not so sure.

sssshhh dont tell em that canard, thats about the only underdog status the broncs have left.

" Just about every club in the competition now is affiliated with a Qld cup side or has a feeder club giving them first dibs on those players. You only have to look at a club like the Storm who are basically the unofficial 4th Qld side who are undoubtably killing us in recruitment."

And he actually believes this.

Who are saints, tigers, eels, panthers, bulldogs, warriors, knights, rabbitohs, manly's, roosters, sharks QRL affiliate clubs ?