What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peter Wallace

salivor

First Grade
_Johnsy said:
sssshhh dont tell em that canard, thats about the only underdog status the broncs have left.

" Just about every club in the competition now is affiliated with a Qld cup side or has a feeder club giving them first dibs on those players. You only have to look at a club like the Storm who are basically the unofficial 4th Qld side who are undoubtably killing us in recruitment."

And he actually believes this.

Who are saints, tigers, eels, panthers, bulldogs, warriors, knights, rabbitohs, manly's, roosters, sharks QRL affiliate clubs ?

Don't know what they are currently but a couple of years ago RLW posted these clubs as having Qld cup affiliates:
Brothers-Valleys: Dragons
Burleigh: Bulldogs
Central Comets: Cowboys
Easts: Panthers
Ipswich: Rabbitohs
Norths: Storm
Nth Qld: Cowboys
Redcliffe: Roosters
Souths-Logan: Raiders
Toowoomba: Brisbane
Tweed Heads: Eels
Wynnum: Manly

I don't think Wests have a Qld cup affiliate but they are connected with the Queensland school Keebra Park. But no of course Brisbane have all of Queensland to themselves.

salivor

First Grade
Canard said:
Cyrill Connell is indeed a long term talent scout for the Broncos? He would be about 198 by now

Lots of so called Broncos fans on here that dont seem to know much about the club. As for there talent pool being overrated as far as quanity goes I remember seeing some figures and the Broncos have something like 4 to 5 times the about of junior players signed to "scholarships" etc. then the Cowboys and Storm combined.

Although as far as NQ kids wanting to play for the Bronx first, I would say that would be a definite yes 5 years ago, but these days Im not so sure.

Lol, so now I'm a "so called" supporter of a club I've been following for nearly 15 years because I don't know the name of our recruitment officer. Where can I hand in my badge as I've obviously failed not only the club but myself?

_Johnsy

Referee
salivor said:
Don't know what they are currently but a couple of years ago RLW posted these clubs as having Qld cup affiliates:
Brothers-Valleys: Dragons no more
Burleigh: Bulldogs no more - titans
Central Comets: Cowboys
Easts: Panthers no more
Ipswich: Rabbitohs not sure
Norths: Storm
Nth Qld: Cowboys
Redcliffe: Roosters not sure
Souths-Logan: Raiders
Toowoomba: Brisbane
Tweed Heads: Eels no more - titans
Wynnum: Manly no more

I don't think Wests have a Qld cup affiliate but they are connected with the Queensland school Keebra Park. But no of course Brisbane have all of Queensland to themselves.

cheers sal

salivor

First Grade
Obviously Toowoomba are no more. Aspley, Redcliffe and Wynnum are affiliated with the Broncos now.

I looked around a bit more, Ipswich is with the Titans and Souths are now with the Easts Tigers.

Obviously the landscape has changed but it's a clear indication that other NRL clubs have had and do have their sticky fingers in Queensland competiting for talent with the Broncos.

_Johnsy

Referee
salivor said:
Obviously Toowoomba are no more. Aspley, Redcliffe and Wynnum are affiliated with the Broncos now.

I looked around a bit more, Ipswich is with the Titans and Souths are now with the Easts Tigers.

Obviously the landscape has changed but it's a clear indication that other NRL clubs have had and do have their sticky fingers in Queensland competiting for talent with the Broncos.

The same sticky fingers that exend south past the tweed river ? ;-)

salivor said:

We also have 2 PL teams, but lots of our talent does come from Keebra Park. Benji Marshall, Rangi Chase (gone now) and Ben Te'o all came from Keebra.

badav

Bench
_Johnsy said:
i thought the talent scouts name was cyrill ?????. Jeesus you are good I can't even discuss anything about the broncs without you getting all huffy.

If the storm are killing you in recruitment, was does this say about your clubs recruitment technique/ability/direction

Yes Cyril Connell is the talent scout. I think that Brisbanes problems in the halves sort of mirror the game as a whole. There definetaly arent as many young halves coming through as say fullbacks or forwards. The games best half at the moment is a 5/8th convert.

And as is mentioned there are several clubs with their fingers in QLD now. Some of the arrangements are complex. As mentioned Wests tigers get alot of young talent from Keebra Park high, but its not exclusive.
It was always going to happen for the club to make some signings from outside to stay competitive. Just a sign of the times.

As for our clubs recruitment ability and direction. Cyril scouted most of the starting 17 in last years winning grand final lineup. 15 out of 17 started with the club as 17 year old kids. So theres your answer on that one.

Canard

Immortal
Cyrill is second only to Wayne Bennet in terms of longevity and worth to the Broncos, if you dont know who he is than yes I dont consider you to be much of a Broncos fan.

And baseing the Broncos juniors on the QLD cup sides affiliation is not really the best science. There is more to QLD junior league than the dozen or so Qld Cup teams.

The Broncos have kid from the age of 15 signed up to "scholarships" all over the state.

salivor

First Grade
Canard said:
Cyrill is second only to Wayne Bennet in terms of longevity and worth to the Broncos, if you dont know who he is than yes I dont consider you to be much of a Broncos fan.

And baseing the Broncos juniors on the QLD cup sides affiliation is not really the best science. There is more to QLD junior league than the dozen or so Qld Cup teams.

The Broncos have kid from the age of 15 signed up to "scholarships" all over the state.

I follow my team from another country. Kind sir you must forgive me if I don't know every staff member of my club.

So to cut the sarcasm, when did I give the impression that I gave a sh*t what a Cowboys supporter thought of my support of the Broncos. After 15 years I don't have anything to prove to anyone certainly least of all a little maggot like yourself.

Latest posts