What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peter Wallace

Big Pete

Referee
:lol: Every excuse you can think of despite his halves partner putting in his best performance in years. Honestly, none of those issues were a big factor from the Melbourne games on and that's where Wallace barely contributed (except against a injury-riddled Souths side).

You are delusional if you actually believe that our pack did anything worth mentioning for the whole of last year in attack, bar a game here and there.

Never said they did, did say they matched a lot of packs though.

And seriously, you need to pull your head out re Sandow. I can't think of a a halve in the NRL that I would have him over!
He's an absolute waste of talent and a grubby little sh!t with the IQ of a corner post, which is why not even Bennett, Gibson and Bellamy combined, would get any more out of him.

Well good for you.

I see the talent in him, still think he's young enough to have some of the parts in his game coached out of him and think with the right halves partner could be a weapon.

I'm seriously being generous to Wallace rating Sandow alongside him.

AuDragon

Juniors
maybe you should just take into account that he has been sh*t for 75% of his game for the Broncos. Last season he had plenty of chances to win us games when our pack was dominating but he couldn't set up a try to save his life.
You saw our pack dominating last season? :shock:

I'm not saying Wallace is a great halfback, I'm saying he's nowhere near as bad as people make him out to be.

And if people can't understand how important good dummy service and forward power is to a halve, they understand nothing about the game!

beads6

First Grade
You saw our pack dominating last season? :shock:

I'm not saying Wallace is a great halfback, I'm saying he's nowhere near as bad as people make him out to be.

And if people can't understand how important good dummy service and forward power is to a halve, they understand nothing about the game!

you must have missed it whilst you had your head up your arse as per usual...

Big Pete

Referee
Except it was no where near as bad as you were saying.

The backrow was our best since 2006, and our dummy half service was about on par with then too.

Lockyer was able to handle it and improve, Wallace only went backwards.

AuDragon

Juniors
:lol: Every excuse you can think of despite his halves partner putting in his best performance in years. Honestly, none of those issues were a big factor from the Melbourne games on and that's where Wallace barely contributed (except against a injury-riddled Souths side).

That's BS and you know it Macca was quite good at the end of 2009, coincidently at the same time Wallace was performing well. Since then, our hookers have been crap for most games.
The same goes for our forward pack, which never put a dent in the opposition, but most of it was hidden through the huge form of our backrowers and a vintage Lockyer, which Wallace will never be able to emulate.

Could have Wallace done better? Hell yeah! I'm not trying to deny that.
But I'm not going to ignore the things that contributed to his average performances, besides the injury he carried all year long.

Incredibly though, only Broncos fans bag Wallace that badly, probably because they expect more than what is reasonable.
Yet, you see most other fans giving him wraps. Go figure!

I'm seriously being generous to Wallace rating Sandow alongside him.
Well, good for you! I'm pretty sure there won't be many people siding with you by the looks of the Cherry-Evans thread in the NRL forum. :p

Big Pete

Referee
Incredibly though, only Broncos fans bag Wallace that badly, probably because they expect more than what is reasonable.
Yet, you see most other fans giving him wraps. Go figure!

Where? Ask NSW fans what they think of Wallace. Also ever wondered why Broncos fans bag him more than opposition fans? Because he plays for us!

All you've done is make excuses for the guy, even though Locky had to deal with those issues and again managed to have his best season in years, it's hardly an excuse. First it was the coach now it's the forwards. What's next? Was it Locky's fault? the media's fault? beads' fault?

Sandow cops it because he puts in shoulder charges and fans on here hate Souths. His performance on the weekend was better than anything Wallace has produced since 2008.

beads6

First Grade
At least I take my head out often enough, yours is a permanent feature in your colon! :sarcasm:

oh how original, you won't listen to anyone else. You think your opinion is the only one on earth worth considering you are what should have been a cum stain on a sheet

AuDragon

Juniors
Where? Ask NSW fans what they think of Wallace. Also ever wondered why Broncos fans bag him more than opposition fans? Because he plays for us!

All you've done is make excuses for the guy, even though Locky had to deal with those issues and again managed to have his best season in years, it's hardly an excuse. First it was the coach now it's the forwards. What's next? Was it Locky's fault? the media's fault? beads' fault?

Sandow cops it because he puts in shoulder charges and fans on here hate Souths. His performance on the weekend was better than anything Wallace has produced since 2008.
There you go again comparing Lockyer with Wallace.
We've had 4 of the best halves in the history of the NRL in Lewis, Walters, Langer and Lockyer. Wallace is not and will never be at that level.
But then again, neither are any of the halves you named!

What you call making excuses is pointing to facts that did have an influence in his performance, but you just choose to dismiss it.

WTF does the coach have to do with Wallace? When did I ever blame the gnome for Wallace's performances? Henjak's problem is that he has absolutely no clue how to manage people or to motivate a team.

Talking about making up excuses. Your Sandow bias is as blind as I've seen!
Stupid shoulder charges is one thing, terrible decisions with the ball is another, woeful defense normally costing tries yet another, and the way he carries on on the field puts the final nail in his coffin. He's awful...

As for how other people see Wallace, you haven't been paying attention. I've seen regular mentions of Wallace as being a solid HB in the NRL threads, and some come here and praise him, just last week, we had a Titans fan rating him the best in the game for example...

beads6

First Grade
Alright guys, if you want to continue this make another thread about it.

No worries, I give in. Peter Wallace is the greatest and should never be blamed for a bad performance because he relies on the rest of the team to perform.

AuDragon

Juniors
oh how original, you won't listen to anyone else. You think your opinion is the only one on earth worth considering you are what should have been a cum stain on a sheet
I am entitled to my opinion, whether you like it or not, and am entitled to disagree with other people's views. Guess what, that's what makes us individuals.

I've disagreed often with Pete and you don't see us calling eachother names, do you? Eventually, we end up agreeing to disagree, as we did with Henjak for example.

I don't start insulting anyone because they disagree with me, but that is exactly what you do whenever you can't argue an opinion on its merits.
Just another keyboard hero!

Big Pete

Referee
There you go again comparing Lockyer with Wallace.
They both played under the exact same conditions and one of them improved quite remarkably so. I say it's a fair point to bring up.

We've had 4 of the best halves in the history of the NRL in Lewis, Walters, Langer and Lockyer. Wallace is not and will never be at that level.
But then again, neither are any of the halves you named!
I'd have Thurston ahead of Walters and possibly Lewis (circa 88-90) quite easily.

Heck, I'd probably put Prince and Cronk on par with Walters.

What you call making excuses is pointing to facts that did have an influence in his performance, but you just choose to dismiss it.
They're not facts, they're purely a subjective observation and I already argued against them, I was just pointing out you've made a lot of excuses for Wallace.

WTF does the coach have to do with Wallace? When did I ever blame the gnome for Wallace's performances? Henjak's problem is that he has absolutely no clue how to manage people or to motivate a team.
You used to use Henjak as a scapegoat for Wallace last year.

Talking about making up excuses. Your Sandow bias is as blind as I've seen!
Did he or did he not have a good game on Friday night? Honestly, it was better than anything Wallace has produced since 2008 (unless you can name a better game). You named two points, his defence and options, Wallace only has defence over him, some of Wallace's options are terribly stupid too (let's kick it on tackle 3) the other two points are just overblown.

As for how other people see Wallace, you haven't been paying attention. I've seen regular mentions of Wallace as being a solid HB in the NRL threads, and some come here and praise him, just last week, we had a Titans fan rating him the best in the game for example...
Where?

Just check the NSW thread and you can see Wallace's name pop up as a punchline. Ask 1 Eyed Tezza, adamkungl, Tonearm, Knightmare, aqua and just about any Blues supporter what they think of Wallace and they'll tell you he's the s**ts.

Last edited:

beads6

First Grade
The proof is in the pudding in regards to Wallace, his kicking game is poor, his running game is poor, his passing game is poor and his decision making is poor. I think Wallace is a decent footballer just not a halfback more of a Lock or perhaps a hooker.

Big Pete

Referee
Actually, AuDragon caught me out comparing past greats to present greats.

The point of my list wasn't to talk up great halfbacks, the list was merely made up of halves I'd currently rank over Wallace. Based on careers, Wallace would be higher than a few of them.

AuDragon

Juniors
Actually, AuDragon caught me out comparing past greats to present greats.

The point of my list wasn't to talk up great halfbacks, the list was merely made up of halves I'd currently rank over Wallace. Based on careers, Wallace would be higher than a few of them.
That was my point exactly. I wouldn't dream of putting Wallace at the same level of the past greats or a Thurston/Cronk/Prince or Locky. He's not, or will ever be that good.
I mentioned which names I disagree with earlier in this thread, and I stand by it.

I also never blamed Henjak for Wallace's performances Pete, I dare you to find a single post where I do!

Anyway, although I have faith in Wallace, I agree with Beads that he would be better suited as a hooker, possibly 2nd receiver.

At the moment, the signs are that the current combo is getting better, but if that doesn't happen, I would be happy to try Wallace at hooker with Hunt partnering Locky in the halves.

Big Pete

Referee
I mentioned which names I disagree with earlier in this thread, and I stand by it.

Has Walsh been playing better than Wallace since 2010, yes or no?

You never got back to me on Hornby.

My bad on Henjak, I got that confused with how you placed the blame on Ivan as opposed to Wallace who everybody else was blaming.

AuDragon

Juniors
Has Walsh been playing better than Wallace since 2010, yes or no?

You never got back to me on Hornby.

My bad on Henjak, I got that confused with how you placed the blame on Ivan as opposed to Wallace who everybody else was blaming.
I did reply before, and I stand by that answer too.

Walsh had a good year on the back of very dominant performances by his forwards, a luxury Wallace barely had in years. Very weak defensively though.
The same goes for Hornby, who leaves most of the organising and kicking to Soward anyway. Wallace plays next to the great Lockyer, and still takes more initiative than Hornby.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Seeing that I somehow magically created this thread, I guess I better contribute some more :p.

I'm not saying that Wallace is a bad rugby league player. He is a better halfback than Shane Perry, who ended up winning a premiership with the Broncs!

But let's consider his experience. He is a senior member of the squad who has been around with the Broncs for a couple of seasons. From whichever way you look at it, it is about time he steps up and does more considering the type of pay packet he is on. With the money comes the responsibility. Tbh I don't know how much we would lose putting Hunt at half, who is more inexperienced can gets paid much less.

The best thing about this forum is that people at entitled to their own opinion. Other forums are controlled by a couple where only their opinions seem to count. I really hope this forum doesn't lose that.

As fans of the Broncos who pay to go through the turnstiles I think we are entitled to our opinions on players. And I don't think Wallace is doing enough to reflect his seniority and pay packet. If you disagree AuDragon that is fine, you are entitled to your own opinion as well.

There are also times when I am proven wrong, which I really hope Wallace will do.