What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Petro to Broncos?

Canard

Immortal
Good props are worth 300K+, they are like hens teeth however.

You can have a side full of JT's or Benjis but if you have no go forward they will be as useful as Matt Orford or Chris Sandow.

Snappy

Coach
Willie Tonga is now on the market. Not a replacement for Petro but if the panthers are looking to splash the cash ?

Loudstrat

Coach
Hang on - wasnt Petero a key agitator in the punting of Elliot? Then he goes home to the mob that didnt want him a few years ago?

He left because Brisbane wouldnt pay him 300k, which Penrith did. And wasnt Heather only on 250k?

user_nat

Coach
Hang on - wasnt Petero a key agitator in the punting of Elliot? Then he goes home to the mob that didnt want him a few years ago?

He left because Brisbane wouldnt pay him 300k, which Penrith did. And wasnt Heather only on 250k?

If you are trying to figure out where we are getting the cap space from.. Remember Inglis.

Big Pete

Referee
At the time? No Lockyer was on a reported 400K.

It wasn't until 2010 his contract was counted as being only 250K under the cap.

badav

Bench

Could you possibly come up with anymore shit than you did in two paragraphs?

Who says he was ever a key agitator in getting rid of Elliot. He's been nothing but completely vocal about support for Matt Elliot. 2nd of all Petero had a disagreement with Wayne Bennett. He expressed interest in returning to the Broncos as far back as Ivan Henjak being announced the head coach in late 2008. See direct quotes from Petero below:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/petero-flags-brisbane-return/story-e6frf3ou-1111117478652

3rd how the f**k would you know what Lockyer is on, and what Petero has signed for next year. Did you register their contracts with the NRL or something?

You should really stick you focusing your brainpower (as great as it is) on worrying about Parramatta and their 14th place finish or whatever it may be. Never mind about Brisbane or any other club.

Last edited:

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
From what I recall Civo actually saved Elliot from getting punted 2 years ago.

Yup. So did Steve Georgalis.

Wasn't the disagreement with Bennett over the length of the contract rather then the price? Pretty sure Wayne was pushing him to retire.

Hooch

Juniors
It was the money. He took unders on the implicit understanding he would get a handshake when guys like Webke retired. When that didnt happen he was pretty pissed, and he had every right to be, even then he'd surpassed Webke.

Fact is Broncos took him for granted so he gave them the bird... stupidly handled by Cullen & Bennet, saved the money and took Clinton & Sims.

Eels Dude

Coach
Yup. So did Steve Georgalis.

Wasn't the disagreement with Bennett over the length of the contract rather then the price? Pretty sure Wayne was pushing him to retire.

Steve Georgalis wasn't punted this year. It was Penrith management's choice to go with someone else as head coach. Normally head coaches get to choose their offsiders so that's Cleary's choice.

And what Hooch said was correct. The reason Petero left the Broncos in the first place was because he signed for unders for years under the promise they'd make it up to him once a few big name players retired and could pay him more, but then the club renegged.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Steve Georgalis wasn't punted this year. It was Penrith management's choice to go with someone else as head coach. Normally head coaches get to choose their offsiders so that's Cleary's choice.

No, I meant that Georgalis was also one that saved Elliot 2 years ago.

Loudstrat

Coach
Could you possibly come up with anymore shit than you did in two paragraphs?
Only by consulting you first you dickhead
Who says he was ever a key agitator in getting rid of Elliot. He's been nothing but completely vocal about support for Matt Elliot. 2nd of all Petero had a disagreement with Wayne Bennett. He expressed interest in returning to the Broncos as far back as Ivan Henjak being announced the head coach in late 2008. See direct quotes from Petero below:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/petero-flags-brisbane-return/story-e6frf3ou-1111117478652
The first thing Gus Gould did when he went back home was to sit down with Petero and say "Players play, administrators administrate". Whats that tell ya? As has already been said, Georgalis also stuck up for Elliot last year.

When I heard the news, the first thing I thought is "gee, how often we let Queenslanders out of contracts just because they are homesick" Still the worlds best prop, and an inspirational leader. Gus comes along with the promise of good times at Penrith, and suddenly Petero wants out with their blessing. Why?

And Peteros disagrement with Bennet? About money. Hooch stated it clearly. Brisbane refused to offer what he was worth. So much for the beloved crap. If Petero was on $300k at Penrith, you reckon he'd suddenly break a contract and lose $50k to rejoin a mob who refused to pay him market value to start with?

3rd how the f**k would you know what Lockyer is on, and what Petero has signed for next year. Did you register their contracts with the NRL or something?
No. I read the internet you f*cking fruitcake! Heathers salary was reported by Cullen in response to queries as to how the f*ck they could afford Inglis. And Petero - it's in this thread. Get your thick head out of your arse and you might learn something you stupid knob.

You should really stick you focusing your brainpower (as great as it is) on worrying about Parramatta and their 14th place finish or whatever it may be. Never mind about Brisbane or any other club.
Ahh, the old "your club blah blah blah" - sure sign that when you have to wander off target to that old chestnut you have definitely lost the plot.

Last edited:
And congrats to the big man, the most likable human being in the comp. Unfortunate for the Panthers but I don't think any sane fan could spite him for leaving, such is the respect for Civ.

POPEYE

Coach
Petero would be more than likely getting paid adequately to return to Brisbane but he is a man of his word.

If Jabba had of treated Georgallis with the respect he deserved the big bloke would have been happy to finish his career in Penrith imo.

Jabba is using too big a broom to clean up a small mess

Petero just wants to play for Griffin :roll:

Given that you appear to be a Mose Masoe fan your talent identification skills are brought in to question.

There's a difference between liking someone and rating them. I like Masoe, he's a character and makes me laugh... That doesn't mean I'd have him in my team.

Given that you watch soccer, I suggest you f**k the f**k off. You're so far in the closet you've found Narnia.

Mans are still listening to the Wu in 2011. Are you serious? Got John Titor 2.0 posting on LU! lmfao

Last edited: