What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Petty things that give you the shits…

DJDL

First Grade
PTTGYTS

Refs who kill momentum by stopping games for cramps.

Agreed. And not just cramps.
There’s plenty of needless stoppages that kill a team’s momentum.

The Royce no try is one example the other night.
It was never a try. All it does is give the defense time to set, and the players catch their breath.

Just once I’d like to see an attacking player, in that situation, say to the ref “no try, get on with it”.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Agreed. And not just cramps.
There’s plenty of needless stoppages that kill a team’s momentum.

The Royce no try is one example the other night.
It was never a try. All it does is give the defense time to set, and the players catch their breath.

Just once I’d like to see an attacking player, in that situation, say to the ref “no try, get on with it”.
I have a conspiratory theory.

The refs get told to take action when a game is too fast for them. So they make arbitrary stoppages so they can get some air into their lungs.

DJDL

First Grade
I have a conspiratory theory.

The refs get told to take action when a game is too fast for them. So they make arbitrary stoppages so they can get some air into their lungs.

Nothing would surprise me.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
I’m still not over the SS no try by the Badger. His finger was clearly still on it. What’s the ruling? If based on control, tell me how do you ground a loose ball on the ground without gripping it?

bluefox68

Staff member
I’m still not over the SS no try by the Badger. His finger was clearly still on it. What’s the ruling? If based on control, tell me how do you ground a loose ball on the ground without gripping it?
It’s hard not to think that it’s a two-tier competition when stuff like this happens…

The favoured and the unfavoured…

The favoured:
1. Rorters
2. Hartleys
3. Broncos
Any other club that has had success over the last 5 years (currently Storm, Souffs, Parra and Panfas)…

The unfavoured:

Sharks, Raiders, Warriors, Tigers, Knights…

Chimp

Bench
As much as I agree with you, I think you'll find that she is actually a woman with a testosterone anomaly. Now you can also take illegal PH drugs for this outcome as well and that's where the lines are blurred on what should be deemed acceptable guidelines to keep the sport honest.
Turns out this wasn’t quite right, there’s 2 of them who when tested previously have XY chromosome…. That’s a biological male, not a hormone anomaly.
Something a quick cock and bollocks check should be able to fix… (or post-surgery scaring)

DJDL

First Grade
Families.

When we packed up and moved to Thailand we basically gave away everything we owned - it was mid-pandemic, we needed govt. approval to leave and, once it's was granted we had to pretty much leave straight away. No time to try to sell everything, just whoever wants it can have it.

Anyway, we've been slowly getting the house over here fitted out with what we need to get back to a similar standard to what we had back in Oz. The one thing I really miss, and which I've wanted since we've been here (3 years) is a bad-ass tv and sound system.

We got the tv a year ago and since then it's been my goal to get the sound sorted this year.
There's shit loads of other things to renovate around the house so I can't just go out and buy what I'm after. I have to play the long game, agree to renovate a heap of things then, once they're done, I can say "It's my time now. I'm spending some money on me".

Anyway, towards the end of last year I made a list of what we could achieve this year along with timelines of when we would get them all done. I even set an event for "days until" for when I'd be buying our sound system.

My wife doesn't really appreciate the difference of quality sound.
When we were first here, she'd ask me to play some music so we could sit outside and chill like back in Oz.
I wouldn't do it as the only thing we had to listen through was our phones, and it irritates the shit out of me to listen to music for any length of time that way. I love hearing the details, listening to production values and all the subtle nuances that you just don't get from a phone's speaker. To not hear it just ruins it for me.

Eventually I wore her down and we got a Harmon Kardon bluetooth speaker, which is ok but a little bottom heavy and misses details in the mid range.

Anyway, all year I've been counting the days to when I'd order everything and could enjoy listening to music and watching movies in surround sound again.
I've had the date circled in the calendar.
We even have a long weekend to coincide with it.
Sweet! A whole long weekend to enjoy it, starting with the Sharks vs Titans Friday night.

Then a few of months ago, my wife's niece (who has 6 months pregnant at the time) announced she was going to come and live with us for 3 months once she had the baby. We are closer to the hospital she was booked into, and she wanted to be close by just in case.

So I started doing my sums and, sure enough, that would be right around when I was planning on getting the sound system. Bitch!

Right on cue, she moved in last Monday, I started taking delivery of everything on Wednesday and ever since I've been sitting here dying to give it a solid workout.
Unfortunately I haven't been able to get it up past ~+65db so I don't disturb her or the baby.

That's a petty thing, alright. And it is really giving me the shits.