What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Petty things that give you the shits…

Chimp

Bench
What are peoples fairly insignificant pet hates in the game at the moment?

One thing that really gives me the shits at the moment is when a player has scored, a group are together celebrating, and some tw@t has to come and jump as high as they can over the top of the group - usually ending up straddling someone’s shoulder…. Really pisses me off! Sure have a little cuddle (and even a kiss if you wish), some high fives, arse taps, fist bumps, even the stupid fake American ‘special’ handshakes - but this running in and jumping over the top of everyone is annoying as faaark!

anyone else got something fairly irrelevant that really gives them the shits?

coolumsharkie

Referee
The Panthers are to blame here. Which was ok when they were doing it but it seems this quirk has been adopted by a few teams. I dont think we do, do we?

Most annoying thing for me is the lying down to wait for the bunker to review a high shot or players grabbing the back of their necks after being tackled.

One thing that really gives me the shits at the moment is when a player has scored, a group are together celebrating, and some tw@t has to come and jump as high as they can over the top of the group - usually ending up straddling someone’s shoulder…. Really pisses me off! Sure have a little cuddle (and even a kiss if you wish), some high fives, arse taps, fist bumps, even the stupid fake American ‘special’ handshakes - but this running in and jumping over the top of everyone is annoying as faaark!

Ah yes. A grand final or a match winning try sure but to make it 42-12 over the tigers or something it's cringey.

*waits for a certain fanbase to enter the chat now

Chimp

Bench
The Panthers are to blame here. Which was ok when they were doing it but it seems this quirk has been adopted by a few teams. I dont think we do, do we?

Most annoying thing for me is the lying down to wait for the bunker to review a high shot or players grabbing the back of their necks after being tackled.
May have started with the Panthers, but they’re all at it now, really narks me off. If any of ours were to do it, it would be Ronnie, and it would make me fume! I’m really looking forward to the day someone lands awkwardly and does an ankle or something.
The laying down, milking for penalties is a blight on the game at the moment, so I wouldn’t call that petty or insignificant - that’s a major issue the game has caused. Just like all these ridiculous bans for hip drops that have never been a hip drop.
I was looking more for things that don’t really impact how the game is played (or anything at all really), but that cause people to get irrationally pissed off about.

coolumsharkie

Referee
May have started with the Panthers, but they’re all at it now, really narks me off. If any of ours were to do it, it would be Ronnie, and it would make me fume! I’m really looking forward to the day someone lands awkwardly and does an ankle or something.
The laying down, milking for penalties is a blight on the game at the moment, so I wouldn’t call that petty or insignificant - that’s a major issue the game has caused. Just like all these ridiculous bans for hip drops that have never been a hip drop.
I was looking more for things that don’t really impact how the game is played (or anything at all really), but that cause people to get irrationally pissed off about.
OK here's a couple. Players interacting with the punters on the sideline after taking a kick etc. Interviewing players at the halftime break!!!!

coolumsharkie

Referee
Here's another one slightly off the point. Watching an NRL mini on FOX and seeing the replay of high shots and the ensuing ref, bunker, doctor interference etc in the replay. Like I want to see this shit over again. Just replay the ACTUAL footy you merkins. Games f**ked.

Quigs

Immortal
A player went on report for a facial last night.

Hey cools I saw that. It was Riki. At the time he made the tackle I went off my head and called him a dirty merkin when he dropped the elbow into the face of the tackled Raider. When the bloke got up whinging Riki patted him on the head.

I thought you grub.

Anyhow they got him a minute or so later. It was more than a facial. It was a low act.

Rubbing their heads into the ground is okay by me. It is part and parcel. I hate the elbow drop.

Hope the merkin gets a few weeks. Riki thinks he is the new tough guy

shaggs

Coach
What about every time someone gets tackled they grab the back of the neck. Should be 5 minutes off for a check.

or as soon as someone gets bashed in a tackle they grab the jaw or face, hoping for a penalty.

Frenzy.

Immortal

Frenzy.

Immortal

Fekkwits who stand at dummy half throwing their arms in the air begging for penalties

Kents who take dives and doing anything else fake to try and get penalties

Over aggressive wingers. Even Ronnie is shitting me lately. Play prop and earn the right you pretenders.

Cliches - overused and dated

Pressers - boring as batshit and always the same

Scrums. Well the facsimile versions of today at least. What point is there to them?

Redcliffe using Fins Up. That's ours. Has been for years.

10 second play the balls near the end of the game.

Non publication of rule changes. Yeah the press tells us but the NRL never explains the reasoning and idiosyncrasies of them. The rule changes are always so subjective to whatever they want to make up at the time or keep secret the rationale.

The week in, week out inconsistency of officials

Rugby league journalism.

Golden Field Goal. Booooorrriiiinnnnggggggg.

Phil Rothfield.

Felix

There'll be more.

Pity the game leads to addiction

DJDL

Bench
I can't stand it when a team that's down by 30 scores a late try and they all rush to get the conversion done and back onside for the kick off.

Yeah good one, dipsticks. You've got 2 minutes to score 5 converted tries.
I'm sure running back for the kick off now will help.

DJDL

Bench
Fekkwits who stand at dummy half throwing their arms in the air begging for penalties

Kents who take dives and doing anything else fake to try and get penalties

Over aggressive wingers. Even Ronnie is shitting me lately. Play prop and earn the right you pretenders.

Cliches - overused and dated

Pressers - boring as batshit and always the same

Scrums. Well the facsimile versions of today at least. What point is there to them?

Redcliffe using Fins Up. That's ours. Has been for years.

10 second play the balls near the end of the game.

Non publication of rule changes. Yeah the press tells us but the NRL never explains the reasoning and idiosyncrasies of them. The rule changes are always so subjective to whatever they want to make up at the time or keep secret the rationale.

The week in, week out inconsistency of officials

Rugby league journalism.

Golden Field Goal. Booooorrriiiinnnnggggggg.

Phil Rothfield.

Felix

There'll be more.

Pity the game leads to addiction

All of the above.