What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phil Gould: Bennett agreed to coach Roosters

philstorm

Juniors
http://www.smh.com.au/news/league/how-wayne-bennett-betrayed-roosters/2006/09/16/1158334728929.html

How Wayne Bennett betrayed Roosters

Email
Print
Normal font
Large font
Phil Gould
September 17, 2006
Page 1 of 3 | Single page
Advertisement

Advertisement

Left hand on the Bible, right hand raised. Here's the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Wayne Bennett sat down with chairman Nick Politis about six weeks ago and agreed to coach the Sydney Roosters.

I really doubt that happened. Trying to derail the Broncos season now are we Gould? :sarcasm: :crazy:

Hypothetically, but if this ACTUALLY happened, could the Roosters argue that Bennett signed a verbal contract, Steve Turner Mk II? :lol:

philstorm

Juniors
I concluded by saying that if the club couldn't lure Bennett, Stuart should remain and I repeated my offer of assistance if Politis thought that would help.

Wow - reading through the article, I also read that.

I thought Phil Gould WASNT involved in the Stuart sacking? Talk about screwing over your 'mate'. :lol:

Gus Gould, this really confirms what a piece of sh*t you are in my mind. :)

Jordan

Juniors
whoa...

..very interesting indeed... I wonder if it was Bennett's intention all along to screw the Roosters over. I wonder what gave him the change of heart..

salivor

First Grade
Do you sense that Gould is just a tad bitter? He was rather quiet tonight in his commentary when normally he's over the top in his praise of Brisbane, I guess it was all part of his agenda as usual.

Canard

Immortal
Anyone read into the article that Anderson will just be treading water until Fittler is ready and then Freddie will be the coach?

I give Anderson 1 to 2 years tops, and than Brad is appointed head coach.

nqboy

First Grade
Canard said:
Anyone read into the article that Anderson will just be treading water until Fittler is ready and then Freddie will be the coach?

I give Anderson 1 to 2 years tops, and than Brad is appointed head coach.
Is it coincidence that 2 years tops is the same time as he is signed for?

When this story started, I doubted Bennett would go because Gould would be in the background with sharpened knives and poison pen, just waiting to bring him down. I'm feeling thoroughly vindicated atm.

Leagueguy

Juniors
Bennett has missed a great opportunity to be involved with a super group of people. I respect his right to make this decision but I don't understand it.

Why does Gus say this, yet the title of the article is "How Bennett betrayed the Roosters"

This is now easily the best rivalry in Rugby League. It has everything.

1. Qld vs NSW
2. ARL vs Super League
3. Nine NSW vs the Broncos

Pigskin

Juniors
Gus speaks crap

And any opportunity any part of the Broncos have to screw the Roosters up, they'll take with both hands

thanks for the chance

Oink !

mattyg

Bench
f**k you Gould!!!! now this will give Broncos more reason to fire up and beat us on Friday :fist:

ShadesOfTheSun

Juniors
The Herald would never have agreed to print such a damning story if Gould couldn't substantiate it if challenged. There is a case for a defamation lawsuit here, if the Broncos wished to pursue it.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
LMFAO, what a farce. Looks like Benny well and truely screwed his old sparring partner Stuart, the gibberer Gould and the once powerful club.

Also, Gould says that if Polites leaves the Rorters that the club is finished. I didn't know that they where in such a precarious position.

ozzie

Bench
I bet they were saying the same thing about Piggins - no one is indespensible - along comes someone else to take over from Politis considering there is plenty of supporters with Millions. I bet the only reason that Bennett didn't come is because it was agreed that if the story hit the newpapers prior to the isgning the deal was off..Guess what - the deal is off.

I must admit Anderson is only signed on for two years - is it so Freddy can be taught the ropes? However lets face it Anderson has an impressive record - bit better than Taylors (who will no doubt be sacked half way through next season)

I think with all the crap going on around the Roosters I still will bet they will finish higher thans SOUFs next year. Then again 14 other teams will again - because SOUFS really should be called the Save Our Useless Football Side..

salivor

First Grade
mattyg said:
f**k you Gould!!!! now this will give Broncos more reason to fire up and beat us on Friday :fist:

Don't know about that, if anything this could be bad for us mentally. Do you think the players were made aware of Bennett agreeing to coach the Roosters? Do you think Cullen knew about it? Bennnett may have some explaining to do.

lsta5838

Juniors
How do Roosters fans feel about this? Lies and betrayal behind the scenes. Especially the bit about making up how Ricky would leave - needing a break after 5 years.

If I was a Roosters fan I would feel bad and lose some respect for the club. All in all honesty would have been the best policy for the Roosters. This column by Gould makes the Rooster's management look ridiculous.

As a Panther's fan, I was upset with how JL/Elliot saga was handled. But this is even worse I think.

JJ

Immortal
funny how Gould's taking heat from the posters on this... it's Bennett who's been less than perfect in this case

Latest posts