What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phil Gould: Bennett agreed to coach Roosters

griff

Bench
Bennett did a very similar thing in 95.

He was up to his eyeballs in Super League, but then SL media person Rebecca Wilson splashed his name into the media and he nearly pulled the pin on the whole thing and caused a delay on signing up the Broncos players for another week.

He just doesn't like having his shady deals exposed in the media.

Razor

Coach
funny how Gould's taking heat from the posters on this... it's Bennett who's been less than perfect in this case

Shows you the very strong bias that they have.

Truly typifies what a true man Gould is.

It actually shows you the kind of man Bennett is.

I wonder if it was Bennett's intention all along to screw the Roosters over.

Well it wouldn't a surprise if it was.

ozzie said:
does that mean you are going to finish lower than the Roosters where ever they finish then yes. I never said they couldn't make the eight - I just was pointing out that no SOUFS fan can take the Mickey out of us. Just go and look at your terrible record with sacking coaches, buying crap players, finishing last, more infighting than Cassius Clay ever had to do (and it istill going on). etc etc etc. Don't tell me unity rules at SOUFS because it doesn't. so see ya later alligator - go and help sweep the club it needs a good brooming

I actually hadn't taken the mickey out of anything to do with the Roosters. Not until you're comment that is...

For the record, I actually think the Roosters will end up being a decent squad next year with the new coach and young halves. When the Bears died (end of 99) I had a choice of siding with my mum, Souths or my dad, Roosters. It was the Souths fans, and their passion for a team that had been so bad for so long that made me side with the Rabbitohs.

Yes, some of them fit that 'soufs' mentality you like to bring up like a defence mechanism, but the Souths fans are what me love the Rabbitohs, the Rooster fans are the majority of the reason i enjoy everything that goes wrong for your club.

I don't need to help them sweep the broom back at Redfern, they're currently doing that fine without me.

salivor

First Grade
Razor said:
Shows you the very strong bias that they have.

And of course you don't have any bias when it comes to matters involving Bennett and the Broncos. But please don't let me stop you from no doubt ending up in yet another posters sig by the end of this thread.

Razor

Coach
salivor said:
And of course you don't have any bias when it comes to matters involving Bennett and the Broncos. But please don't let me stop you from no doubt ending up in yet another posters sig by the end of this thread.

I'm not biased against either of them. I just speak the truth. It's just that some others are so biased they can't see it. You only have to read this thread to see that.

petetheileet

First Grade
salivor said:

hahaha nice post....

dont see why gould need to come out and say this...his defence was the roosters were getting dregged through the mud for criticsism for sacking ricky without having a replacement....

how bad has it really been???

the fans are really the only ones upset with the club, there hasnt been an overwhelming media outburst...no1 really cares

to me a bit of a ploy from gould to upset the broncos

Ghoulies

Bench
I'm not biased against either of them.
:lol::lol::lol:

Who do you think you're kidding Razor? You think both are scum and have said as much on these forums in the past.

I have no problem with your hatred of the club and coach, but don't claim to be without prejudice when you sling sh*t at us.

salivor

First Grade
Razor said:
I'm not biased against either of them. I just speak the truth. It's just that some others are so biased they can't see it. You only have to read this thread to see that.

I told you, you were going to end up in someones signature but you just had to take it up a notch. Now you're in mine.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Something is not right in all this

1. Until last year Bennett signed no contracts and used a handshake agreement. He would have had to break his word twice to do what has allegedly transpired. Once to the Broncos and once to the Roosters.

2. Bennett has apparently neglected to inform the Broncos of his plans.

3. How exactly does Gould know the exact details when he even admitted on Sunday Roast he doesn't have any real involvement in the club.

4. Why would the Roosters sack Stuart without a better option already in place?

I don't know what to believe...

Razor

Coach
I told you, you were going to end up in someones signature but you just had to take it up a notch. Now you're in mine.

Lets see. The 2 peoples who signiture's I'm in are yours and Kiwis. Both Broncos fans. Gee that's a surprise isn't it.

Ghoulies

Bench
Razor said:
Lets see. The 2 peoples who signiture's I'm in are yours and Kiwis. Both Broncos fans. Gee that's a surprise isn't it.
What about petetheileet?

He must be a closet Bronco fan, eh?

Mr Saab

Referee
Razor said:

You wouldnt know the truth if it was tattooed on your assssssssssss.
You are deluded clown who has mega agendas against the Broncos.

salivor

First Grade
Razor said:

And why would Broncos fans have issues with you Razor? Could it be that you're inherently biased against us and continually sling sh*t when it's not warranted? But let's be honest, it's a whole forum thing, even your own Knights supporters think your a tool, the only thing you're good for is amusement.

Not only are you blinded by delusion but your just generally blind. Just lift your eyes to the top of the thread and you'll see your in petetheileet's sig and who's logo is that in his avatar? The Dragons?

paulp

Juniors
philstorm said:
http://www.smh.com.au/news/league/how-wayne-bennett-betrayed-roosters/2006/09/16/1158334728929.html

I really doubt that happened. Trying to derail the Broncos season now are we Gould? :sarcasm: :crazy:

Hypothetically, but if this ACTUALLY happened, could the Roosters argue that Bennett signed a verbal contract, Steve Turner Mk II? :lol:

I think one thing thats been missed here is didn't Ricky Stuart have a contract for 2007. If so how can Gould go on about Bennett betraying when it was in fact the Roosters betraying their own coach... Well at least it explained Goulds disgraceful commentary when the Broncos were getting hammered by the Dragons and he kept on saying what a good coach Bennett was. Channel nine should get rid of the clown now.
Sydney Roosters celebrating 100 years with a wooden spoon *lol*

I also notice Melon has been rather quiet... the truth hurts Melon Roosters Wooden Spoon in their 100th year *LOL LOL LOL*:D :D

Razor

Coach
Ghoulies said:
What about petetheileet?

He must be a closet Bronco fan, eh?

Petethelieet is in my ignore list. When I added him 4-5 weeks ago he didn't have me in there.

But if Pete's posts are still the same as they were at that time, he doesn't have a clue about tennis, and doesn't seem to know what a capital letter, fullstop, or aposotrophe are.

So the people who have me in their sigs - 2 Broncos fans, someone without a clue who didn't learn written English at school.

So thanks for telling me I was in his sig Ghoulies. I take that as a massive compliment.

salivor

First Grade
There's also another poster around the place (who isn't a Broncos supporter) with your geniused comments on anyone who of the opposite colour who calls Murali or Warne a chucker are racist. One of our best, so the tally is at 4.

Razor

Coach
There's also another poster around the place (who isn't a Broncos supporter) with your geniused comments on anyone who of the opposite colour who calls Murali or Warne a chucker are racist. One of our best, so the tally is at 4.

Who?

I never said anyone who calls Warne a chucker is a racist - has anybody ever called Warne a chucker?

I did say anyone that calls Murali a chucker is a racist, because he clearly doesn't chuck.

Lego_Man

First Grade
Razor said:

Make that 3, and im a Warriors fan.

salivor

First Grade
Razor said:
Who?

I never said anyone who calls Warne a chucker is a racist - has anybody ever called Warne a chucker?

I did say anyone that calls Murali a chucker is a racist, because he clearly doesn't chuck.
Your like a bloody train wreck, I can see it coming but I just can't look away for some reason.

Caught in yet another lie.

Here is the quote that is in someone's sig, I don't know who but I've seen them around:
Ozzy said:
So if I said Warne chucked, that would make me a racist? :sarcasm:
Razor said:
If you weren't white then yes it would make you racist.
From this thread:http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=151617&page=3

I've advised you once in this thread to stop before it's too late as I feel yet another signature moment is coming on, continue at your own peril.

Latest posts