What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PHIL GOULD IS A *edit*

bluesbreaker

Bench
Fatty loves the Sea Eagles, how come no one has jumped on him?

This is coming from a diehard Knights supporter as well, but fair dinkum, people give Gould way too much flak.. He's employed to give his expert opinion on the game, and he does just that. Who gives a shit if he's biased? Does it change the result of the game?

rugged

Juniors
I really hate all his "tactics" he uses before the state of origin series starts.

For example "NSW are underdogs" :lol: :roll: :?

Razor

Coach
For example "NSW are underdogs"

They are because QLD have the combinations already in place, and as the Broncos have been saying this year it's hard to adjust to new combinations, and they even have mainly the same players as well, just in different positions.

Eels Dude

Coach
Gould often presents some of his opinions as facts which is very annoying. He really knows no better than the next man his sunday column is often biased. Surprise surprise he came out and defended the Roosters when everyone else was criticizing them over their threat to take legal action against the NRL over the salary cap. Separate your job as a coach from your job in the media Gus.

melon....

Coach
thickos said:
i second your motion :clap: i hate it how he calls the roosters 'we' in the post game wrap!
Why Thickhead? It makes more sense that Sterling calling Newcastle "we". At least Gould works for Easts.

D1ckheads.

Simplycheeky

Juniors
The only thing that makes "Potato Head" tolerable is when the Roosters lose! I just love watching him squirm.....and using all the excuses that he won't tolerate with an opposition team! :twisted:

hrundi99

First Grade
Vautin doesn't grandstand when talking about the Eagles the way Gould does with the Roosters.

A lot of his comments re the Eagles on the Footy Show are laced with humour, so it's easier to digest.

Anonymous

Juniors
Gould really annoys me because:

a-The Roosters win because we're good.

or

b-The Roosters didn't win, but if we'd played our best they wouldn't have stood a chance.

Nobody directly associated with a team should be allowed to commentate. I guess that's rule out Harragon as well now.....

Eels Dude

Coach
Sterling, Vautin, Harragon despite loyalling supporting their club are unbiased in most cases, Phil Gould is quite obviously different.

rossy

Juniors
Eels Dude said:
Sterling, Vautin, Harragon despite loyalling supporting their club are unbiased in most cases, Phil Gould is quite obviously different.

What a crock of sh1t.

What is it like on the planet where you live? All four of them are dreadful. Bias is not only in what you say but also in what you don't say.

Anecdotal stuff is crap. Actually listen to what these "experts" say and then analyse it.

Your own statement is actually driven by bias itself.

aphelion

Juniors
NPK said:
Why would Sterling call Newcastle 'we'? He played for Parramatta...

Sure, he played for Parramatta but he lives on the Central Coast these days and is a big Knights fan.

legend

Coach
I'm going to disagree with all those people who say Gould is biased because at the moment there looks to be a few issues between Gould and Stuart and the Roosters. For the second week running Gould has openly criticised the Roosters and word has it Staurt was none too pleased. I smell a feud between Gus and Ricky.

Gould seems to be throwing his considerable weight behind the Panthers at the moment and is really pushing the barrow for Gower and Lewis and it's understandable because both are in superb form.

I'd like to be a fly on the wall at Bondi Junction right about now.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
I've said it far too often, but I really despise Phil Gould. He is a media whore and will do anything to get his mug on the tv/in the papers. I really can't wait for what he'll come up with this year before SOO. We've had "NSW are underdogs" and "I'm thinking about not coaching this year because some journalists don't like me" before, who knows what the man will think of next.

I rarely listen to the channel 9 commentary anymore because I can't stand any of them, discluding Voss. But am i correct in believing Vautin doesn't commentate when Manly are playing??? Or perhaps that was just when he was a board member.

I hate how Gould will carry on about certain mediocre players he likes, and get them into his NSW side undeservedly, and he is certainly the man's dick you need to suck to get in the NSW side.

rugged

Juniors
Gould doesn't do anything without an agenda.

Wasn't he one of those that thought Darren Lockyer would struggle at five eight?

Now in today's Sydney Morning Herald he is saying that Darren Lockyer is the best five eight in the world as well as the best fullback. Wouldn't be anything to do with the fact he's trying to prove that the test clean sweep was all Lockyer's doing and not Kimmorley's?