What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phil Gould says he has no plans to join North Queensland Cowboys or coach NSW

to_ddeath

Coach
The problem with NQ is not only the fact that they are a 1 player team & have been for some time now, they seem to make poor recruitment choices no matter who is running the show. Since the 05 GF, they've just gradually headed downhill with every season.. Bought ok for next year with a couple of decent backs, but will need a better 5/8 alongside Thurston & better luck with injuries to get themselves out of the cellar.
In other words they need more than a Gus to offer a few useless words of advice...

T.

seaeagle sam

Great news for the Cowboys. This bloke has a God complex, is a master at stating the obvious after the fact, believes the Storm cheating debacle was the NRL's fault, is boorish, is boring and is ugly as my dog Cath who has been dead and buried in the backyard for six months. Apart from that he's OK is suppose.

Wests is Best

Juniors
You truly are deluded. One of the best coaches of the modern era, yes if this was 1990. Best footy mind in the game - as other posters have said he is the master of hindsight and pushing his own barrow. Best commentator - P. Sterling makes Gould look like Ben Ikin and Ben Ikin makes roadkill look like 5 star dining. Nuff said.

I agree with this post.

Azkatro

First Grade
If I were a Cowpats fan, I'd be pretty happy with Gus's decision
Trust me, I feel better knowing he's flown out of the place. And on his whole recruitment criticism, is it possible he thought he was at Parramatta? :lol:

Raider Azz

Bench
phil-hindsight.gif

CAPTAIN HINDSIGHT TO THE RESCUE!

Big Pete

Referee
I think so too JM, but that doesn't explain his criticism on the Cowboys recruitment.

Their 2011 recruitment reminds me a lot like the Roosters in 2010. Bring in a few senior guys who give a damn and buy a lot of rookies who have the potential to be stars. Combine that with their current stock of juniors and the Cowboys are sitting pretty.

Azkatro

First Grade
You guys really think everything Gould said to NQ's management would be stated in that article?
Of course it is, because the bloke can't keep his mouth shut. He'll still be telling people about it now, even if they read it in the paper.

Hench

Juniors
Calling Gould Captain Hindsight is a bit much.

He did after all know exactly when to start and end his stints as NSW Coach. :lol:

badav

Bench
Yeah i was a bit confsued about some of his comments. Especially in regards to the clubs recent recruitment. It sounds like he hasnt really looked very hard at anything the club has done at all...

Gus Gould is a media personality who offers opinions on the game.

Did anyone actually believe he would be up for the challenge of working for NSW or North QLD? Both great challenges which would require a lot of time.

Latest posts