What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phil Gould

Do you like Phil Gould?

• I Like him

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I Hate him

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JJ

Immortal
xwizit said:
i dont LIKE him, i hate his arrogance and i hate how he thinks hes the great coach he is, when he only won one premiership with the years at easts he didnt even win one and the team always seemed to choke in finals series

but i cant deny he has great knowledge of the game...

but the poll is do i like him

which i most definetly dont

He is a great coach -

He won two premierships (Canterbury and Penrith) and like it or not, was one of the people influential in turning the Roosters from also rans to genuine contenders.

His state of origin record is superb, and his knowledge of the game is superb. Read what Mario Fenech said about playing with him at the Rabbitohs - he was effectively coaching the team, not George Piggins..

So, he's a great coach, and your "facts" are wrong.

But he does seem like an arrogant prick, but he's not alone there.

ironcross

Juniors
I used to like him, but now I think he is one of the most biased commentators around. I agree with a lot of his opinions, but one thing that annoys me, is how he is part of the Roosters, and it shows so clearly every time he commentates a Roosters game.

In general I don't think anyone that is part of a specific team should be allowed to commentate. Laury Daily did the same thing last year with the Dragons. Lucky for him he's not part of the Dragons anymore, and I can stand to listen to his commentry once again!

skeepe

Immortal
Before someone else points it out, I realise I've goosed myself by saying Vautin only coached one Origin series. He coached 3, winning 1 and losing 2. The only one I remembered was when he won it.

I agree that people with an interest in a club shouldn't be commentating when that club is playing. It was great to hear Luke Davico on the sidelines yesterday, but he shouldn't have been there because of the obvious fact he was always going to be biased in what he said, and you could hear it whenever they crossed to the sidelines. But what do you want channel 9 to do? Love him or hate him, Phil Gould brings them publicity by all the debate that he causes with what he says. 9 know this, and as such would be mad to stop him doing what he does.

_Johnsy

Referee
It seems the shireghark is still a bit upset about gus teasing noddy and the true cancer in RL anderson. You cannot be in remission from Anderson !!

JJ

Immortal
Intelligent stuff guys - really good.

He was a forward, I don't think they hand out extra credit for being a pretty forward

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Renowned League Expert said:
ShireShark said:
I dont even think Roosters fans like him! Fittler says he "respects" him (will never says he likes him) and Ricky Stuart seems to resent his overbearing presence. Andrew Johns hates him too. If everyone despises him so much, why does Channel 9 put him on the TV?

Gus: Does anyone actually LIKE this germ?

A better poll would be:

Does the Sutherland shire contain a larger percentage of redneck morons than any other municipality in Australia?

The answer is a resounding YES!!

And I think Phil Gould is the bees-knees. :D
Obviously you have never been to Gympie.

Gould I am not a fan, however I have some respect for his knowledge, I do not always agree with him, but he knows league pretty well. That said, should nine get rid of him, I would have no problems, in fact I would be cheering.

Many a Rooster likes to think they are the elitists of comp, this suits well with Gould's attitude, he likes to think he is the elite of RL commentary.

Gus your a 2nd rower, decent coach and media whore, not a messiah, get over yourself.

kaiser2004

Juniors
he's a bit of a 2 face , I mean who really is coaching the roosters, I reckon gould really does have some put in that team.

but other than that he reckons hes a king, and i only really like him cause hes nsw coach. and hill should be 5/8

i don't suppose he will lose any sleep over this poll and in any case who on here has coached two premiership winning sides and numerous soo winning sides and has even 10% knowledge of the game as he does.

the silence is deafening.

Generalissimo Stalin said:
i don't suppose he will lose any sleep over this poll and in any case who on here has coached two premiership winning sides and numerous soo winning sides and has even 10% knowledge of the game as he does.

Exactly.

The blokes on here who run down Gould have no go in them whatsoever. They're jealous of Gould (and the Roosters in general) because he has enough dash in him to go out and get his. These blokes on here are just dreamers - and that's all they'll ever be.

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
I saw gould after the Raiders Broncos game - and damn did i give it to him! :clap: :lol:
"F*** Gould is Ugly"
"If I had a head like that...."
"O'hara for the Blues"

:lol: few more but i can't remember!! :lol:

Eddie.

Bench
I like Phil Gould, there are alot worse people in the game than him

A stunch supporter of the ARL, worked amazingly on publicising the state of origin series, passionate about the game.

I enjoy this comments and alalysis, he wants teams like Souths and Wests Tigers to go well.

Yes he might be biased with the Roosters?? - why - because he loves them

Mcguire is biased to Collingwood, Steve Roach to the Tigers, the list goes on

He is a good Rugby league man - just my opinion.

ouwet

Bench
I think i talk for almost every Bulldog supporter when i say his a dickhead that is hated out Belmore way!!!!

ibeme

First Grade
I've got a lot of respect for Phil Gould, except when it comes to placing the game over the Roosters. There's no doubting his intelligence, and he does do a good job at promoting the game. I just think that he leaves room for his integrity to be challenged when there's a conflict of interest between what's good for the game, and what's good for the Roosters. Afterall, he is employed by the Roosters.

Stormwarning[c]

Juniors
ShireShark said:
I think he is the biggest cancer in the game today

Here Here.

First he bags the club and anyone that plays for Storm due to his hatred for Ribot and what happen with Super League, then he bags anyone that has a friendship with Anderson, then he comes out after Ribot has gone support Storm being in the comp and stying in Melbourne.

The guy has a great knowledge of the game, but he thinks HE is the game and he never will be.

In fact I go so far as to say Ricky Stuart (history-wise) will mean more to the Rooster than Gould could ever be.

Ibeme, so you can put my mind at rest can you point me in the direction of where I may be able to read where he does a good promoting the game, coz unless it benefits him I don't see it and I'm in Melbourne and get the Sydney papers

Grantwhy

Juniors
Renowned League Expert said:
Generalissimo Stalin said:

Exactly.

The blokes on here who run down Gould have no go in them whatsoever. They're jealous of Gould (and the Roosters in general) because he has enough dash in him to go out and get his. These blokes on here are just dreamers - and that's all they'll ever be.

Which is why Gould is still coaching, and not sitting in the shadows as a 'coaching director' from where he can come out and take as much credit as a 'coaching director' can without taking any blame (that goes to the coach).

in any case who on here has coached two premiership winning sides and numerous soo winning sides and has even 10% knowledge of the game as he does.

OK so unless you're Andrew Johns or Jack Gibson it seems that you're not allowed to have an opinion on league. That argument will surely shut you up, you fool.

They're jealous of Gould
:lol: That's an interesting theory
I think I'll borrow Chris Anderson's quote re: Gould "I just hope I never become him"

Another lecture from the 'expert'. Whatever would we do without his awe-inspiring knowledge? Hey RLE why dont you make up a quote to support your argument? It's your favourite tactic you proven liar.

I respect the knowledge and ability he has. But I hate the way he tries to abuse his position in the media to influence in favour of the Roosters and against everyone else. And I especially hate the fact that people with real power in our game are so hung up on what self-centred, parochial fools like him have to say that they actually allow themselves to be influenced.

Anyway, here's a picture of Gus meeting the fans yesterday:

29_4_2004_MDF66945.jpg

Latest posts