What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pick me, Pick me!

Since 73

First Grade
<H1 style="MARGIN: auto 0cm">I can still play at Origin level, Kimmorley declares
Cronulla playmaker Brett Kimmorley today put his hand up for the NSW No.7 jumper for next month's Origin decider in Melbourne, declaring he was over an ankle injury and on the verge of career-best form.
"I'd love to play again and my form now is starting to show that I'm back playing well enough to be in contention," said Kimmorley, who hasn't played Origin rugby league since being dumped after a poor showing in last year's series opener.
"We're winning footy games and that's generally what you've got to do to be in the selectors eyes.
"I'd certainly like to think I was still in contention but nobody's come out and said they're going to change the side so we don't know what's going to happen."
Kimmorley, Manly's Matt Orford and Penrith ace Craig Gower in a three-way battle to replace the out-of-sorts Finch.
Kimmorley and Orford go head-to-head at Toyota Park tomorrow night when Cronulla hosts Manly, with the winner of that personal duel likely to not only claim the two competition points, but also the edge in the race for a berth in the Blues squad.
"If our forwards go well then I get a chance to play well, if their forwards go well then Matty gets a chance to play," Kimmorley said of his personal battle with Orford.
"Matty's name's been mentioned with Gower (for the NSW side), but I'd still like to think I'm in the mix somewhere.
"I thought I was never going to be in contention with Finch playing so well in game one, but obviously now it's come under the spotlight a little bit and game three is an option.
"I've got no doubt that I can still play great at that level."
With a game against Johns's Newcastle side also on the agenda, before selectors name their side for Origin III on Monday week, two big performances could be enough to get Kimmorley over the line.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/league/i-can-still-play-at-origin-level-kimmorley-declares/2006/06/16/1149964733723.html
</H1>

Has he got stars in his eyes now?
Can he sit back like last week and concentrate on getting his kicking game right?
Or, will he resort to trying to do everything and in effect do basically nothing?

Since 73

First Grade
But the risk is, he goes to Melbourne, has a shocker, takes it to heart and the Sharks are back to square 1.
Fortunately, they won't pick him.
Gus will preach loud and clear on the Sunday Roast why they' need to pick his old Panther mate Gower.

Inferno

Coach
FFS, how about you focus on your damn club noddy, you know, the people who have been paying your f*cken salary for the past 3 years.

Thankfully I don't think he will get picked. Should go to Gower, hell seeing as they love combinations so much how about Preston and Gowie, he'd have a field day amongst the Queensland forwards.

shadowboxer

First Grade
he can keep on begging, he cannot be picked. The likes of gower and orford have the wood on him. In saying that, if he comes out and has a blinder against manly, anything is possible. Cant beleive raper is pushing him as well, same thing happened last year and our season went down the toilet.

I had the same thoughts when I read this article.

For starters he's an Origin liability. Secondly he's just relentless.

These wars should be fought on the field, not in the media.

DJDL

Bench
Frenzy said:
Just when we thought his humility gene had kicked in........

I wouldn't have thought you knew such a thing existed.

As for you lot bagging him for speaking out in the media, do you think he calls them and tells them he wants to play Origin?
Of course not. The media trying to manufacture stories to sell papers. They know Kimmorley's name will come up, so call him and ask the question.
Kimmorley is forthright enough to give them an honest answer.

How is that whoring yourself?

Jimbo

Immortal
DJDL said:
I wouldn't have thought you knew such a thing existed.

As for you lot bagging him for speaking out in the media, do you think he calls them and tells them he wants to play Origin?
Of course not. The media trying to manufacture stories to sell papers. They know Kimmorley's name will come up, so call him and ask the question.
Kimmorley is forthright enough to give them an honest answer.

How is that whoring yourself?

It isn't

Hatred doesn't usually result in rational posts though

FTR, I reckon Orford deserves a crack

Macca

Coach
Let's hope he is smart enough not to over play his hand tonight. He needs to be less involved to impress selectors.

I think they have Orford ahead of him but if the SHarks pack can dominate Noddy will play all over him.

Since 73

First Grade
DJDL:

I reckon he does.
I have seen Orford, Gower and Prince all interviewed on TV and answer the question that yes, they would like to be picked for SOO.

But BK seems to be the only bloke who comes out and makes the statement in the papers before every game.

'I can still play at Origin level, Kimmorley declares'.
Honestly, Orford, Finch, Prince, Sherwin, whoever never seem to have these stories attributed to them.
But it wouldn't be an Origin game if Bk didn't have one.
Like I said, I reckon he does put his own name out there. He seems obsessed with it.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Could you imagine if kimmorley was black and spoke like that?

people would be wishing for a second rate white man to beat him up at telstra stadium.

DJDL

Bench
blacktip-reefy said:
Could you imagine if kimmorley was black and spoke like that?

people would be wishing for a second rate white man to beat him up at telstra stadium.

Racist

dinghydi

Juniors
re. "can you imagine post" from BTR --- I remember first interview i saw of geoff fenech... Total confidence... No Negativity-- Comparable to interviews of Black fighters just with Volume turned down a bit ! But If you Didnt HONESTLY Beleive you could do the deed would you step in the Ring ? There seems to be this thing lately where WE must say WE are best in the world but WE cant do it without the Team so that Means WE have HUMILITY so therefor WE are WONDERFUL .Since When has Individual Confidence been a crime and since when has it been an Afront to any other individual? Hes doing What he does As best he can with Confidence Same as I presume you do what you do as best you can with confidence .

Since 73

First Grade
It's not the confidence Jimbo.
It's the insecurity.
Did you see one headline from Scott Prince after the first game.
have you seen one headline from Orford or Gower 'declaring' they're ready?

No, they sit back and let their form do the talking.
If it was once with BK - good on him. He sounds confident.

But it's before every bloody game of Origin.
They don't want him and he doesn't get the message!