What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pick the one bloke from your club....

panthersballboy

Juniors
Frank Pritchard should be better after the game time he got this year. Crossman should improve a lot as well.

Also if Johnny Lang can do a 'preston' with Franze he could be the strike center we need after Girdlers retirement.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Naiquama (incorrect spelling probrably) Isn't all that likely to get in first-grade permanently next year but for those who watched the Premier League GF this year you would see how good he was, despite being on the losing team

oxenham

Juniors
Antonio Kaufusi - Great upcoming talent, played about 5 or 6 games this year and one or two of the finals and showed great promise.

Ryan Hoffman - If he counts, I'm sure most of you will know about him already, played most of Storm's games this year and will one day play for NSW.

Cooper Cronk - Played about 3/4 of Storm's games as a bench imapct player, can play basically any position except front row, second row and wing very versatile. Might take a while but may play for Qld.

If we're talking really rookie and yet to make debut/played 1 or 2 games:
Sione Finefauaki: Now this fella is a unit and is only very young.

Quentin Laulau-Togage: Brisbane Norths fullback, good talent but probably won't make it with Storm beacuse of Slater but might with another club although he could play wing.

And the Wests Magpies got, from what I saw in a talent, in Kerry Smith.

aqua_duck

Coach
parra_panther said:
Geoff Daniella - not named in the joint first grade / premier league roster, but put in some some really good performances for Flegg, and also in the Arrive Alive Cup for Patrician Blacktown (I think).

Could play in 2005, especially if our backline gets a few injuries. Centre in the mould of Puletua.
I'm pretty sure he played for St Doms, but I know he's definately not a patrician brothers player and he's definately nothing like Puletua, he's about 10cm shorter, and 20kg smaller than Puletua. Looks more like Brett Howland type of winger to me, good finisher.

Broncodroid said:
For Brisbane...

I think you will see the emergence of Tom Learoyd who should find more time in the top grade with the exit of Carl Webb perhaps.

Speaking to a couple of people involved with the NRL, Learoyd revelled in being surrounded by the likes of Buderus and Kimmorely vs PNG and I am sure with Webcke slowly winding down with Petero, Bennett will look to bring on Learoyd's developement in the top grade similar to what he did with Webcke, Petero and co. when they were in the same position.

Only 19 or 20, Learoyd is a monster with athletic ability that saw him crowned a schoolboy sprint champion. He stands at 195cm and around the 113-115kg mark...this guy when given an extended stint in 1st grade will be a name on everyone's lips as a future rep player IMO.
Mate I've been saying it for a while, the guy will be the 1st forward picked for Australia in a few years time. He's 192cm, 115kg, and has the speed of a winger. He and SBW will have many great battles in the future, I'm just happy he's from NSW. The only weakness he has at the moment is his lack of fitness and defence, and I understand that because he never got to develop his game in SG Ball, Jersey Flegg and PL, he came straight from the bush after high school and was playing NRL only a few weeks later. AFter seeing him destroy PNG, its obvious how much he's benefitted from a season with the CLydesdales. He'll be playing for NSW by 2007 if not sooner.

aqua_duck

Coach
As for knights players, watch out for Brad Tighe. He's a young aboriginal pivot/centre. I don't think he's a Tahu type player, definately not as fast and a totally different type of player if you ask me. If I had to compare him any NRL player past or present it'd be Anthony Mundine, but hopefully minus the ego. I'm not saying he's as good as Mundine was or as much of glory hogg, but his footwork, running game etc has abit of Mundine about it.

Kiwi

First Grade
For the Broncos there are a few, Costigan, Stagg, Learoyd, Barnes and Thaiday.

I also think the guys returning home will shine. Hodges already looks fitter than he ever did at the Roosters and I can't wait till Thorn reintroduces himself to Mason and shows Morley whos boss.

Kiwi

First Grade
Chippo Raiders said:
Thorn is good but he was never a big hitter like Wiki or Morley

He may not have been a "big" hitter as often as Wiki, but Thorn monstered people, then he would stand over them so they couldn't walk off the mark, he intimidated players. When Thorn played league he was second only to Tallis in terms of intimidation.

Kiwi

First Grade
Chippo Raiders said:
horns role should be one of leadership.....like Ra for the Cowboys

I'm sure it will be, but he'll do that by playing the game the same way he did before going to union. He'll run hard and tackle hard.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Bronson Harrison is my Obvious Chioce but I also think that if he can stay injury free Robbie Farrah will put his name down as being one of the best Hookers in the game next season

Jimbo

Immortal
Salmon said:
Dimitri Pelo for sure.

Add Rimini Rewetti and Cameron Ciraldo for the Sharkies.

I'd add Daniel Dumas to that list. He's going to be dealing out some serious hurt...