What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pick the one bloke from your club....

swineape

Juniors
Surandy said:
For Storm a couple of our young forwards showed promise in the later part of the season. Ryan Hoffman and Antonio Kaufusi.

2005 will really tell as they will have much more competition for spots in the team.

Hoffman is an axe. The few games he played this year he showed a lot of promise. I think he is up there in terms of young back row talent. Great propect for the Storm.

Kiwi

First Grade
aqua_duck said:
parra_panther said:
Geoff Daniella - not named in the joint first grade / premier league roster, but put in some some really good performances for Flegg, and also in the Arrive Alive Cup for Patrician Blacktown (I think).

Could play in 2005, especially if our backline gets a few injuries. Centre in the mould of Puletua.
I'm pretty sure he played for St Doms, but I know he's definately not a patrician brothers player and he's definately nothing like Puletua, he's about 10cm shorter, and 20kg smaller than Puletua. Looks more like Brett Howland type of winger to me, good finisher.

Broncodroid said:
For Brisbane...

I think you will see the emergence of Tom Learoyd who should find more time in the top grade with the exit of Carl Webb perhaps.

Speaking to a couple of people involved with the NRL, Learoyd revelled in being surrounded by the likes of Buderus and Kimmorely vs PNG and I am sure with Webcke slowly winding down with Petero, Bennett will look to bring on Learoyd's developement in the top grade similar to what he did with Webcke, Petero and co. when they were in the same position.

Only 19 or 20, Learoyd is a monster with athletic ability that saw him crowned a schoolboy sprint champion. He stands at 195cm and around the 113-115kg mark...this guy when given an extended stint in 1st grade will be a name on everyone's lips as a future rep player IMO.
Mate I've been saying it for a while, the guy will be the 1st forward picked for Australia in a few years time. He's 192cm, 115kg, and has the speed of a winger. He and SBW will have many great battles in the future, I'm just happy he's from NSW. The only weakness he has at the moment is his lack of fitness and defence, and I understand that because he never got to develop his game in SG Ball, Jersey Flegg and PL, he came straight from the bush after high school and was playing NRL only a few weeks later. AFter seeing him destroy PNG, its obvious how much he's benefitted from a season with the CLydesdales. He'll be playing for NSW by 2007 if not sooner.

Hate to break it to NSW fans but Learoyd has already said he wants to play for QLD, if he gets his way, he'll be a Maroon. There was a bit in the Courier Mail during the year, and he said it's maroon for him. And wasn't he selected in the QLD devlopment squad this year?

gregstar

Referee
Hate to break it to NSW fans but Learoyd has already said he wants to play for QLD, if he gets his way, he'll be a Maroon. There was a bit in the Courier Mail during the year, and he said it's maroon for him. And wasn't he selected in the QLD devlopment squad this year?
surely gould will talk it through with him! :lol:

Kiwi

First Grade
gregstar said:
surely gould will talk it through with him! :lol:

:lol:

It's shame it wont work, he's a Bronco.

Kiwi

First Grade
Here is the QLD U19 side that took on the NSW U19 side in the Origin curtain raiser on may 26th.

1. Germaine Paulsen (Wests)
2. Josh Tatupu (Norths)
3. Charles Vis (Redcliffe)
4. Wallace Solomona (North Qld)
5. Donald Malone (Wests)
6. Aaron Lewis (Souths Logan)
7. Berrick Barnes (Toowoomba)
8. Sam Thaiday (Toowoomba)
9. Aaron Kuskey (Norths)
10. Tom Learoyd (Toowoomba)
11. Neville Costigan (Toowoomba)
12. Gavin Cooper (Redcliffe)
13. Tee Levu (Toowoomba/Wests)
Interchange
14. Matthew Scott (North Qld)
15. Joe Clarke (Wests)
16. Sam Tagatese (Norths)
17. Darren Rogers (Norths)

As you can see, the number 10 was Learoyd, it's all over Aqua_Duck, he is a Maroon now.

brook

First Grade
Kiwi said:
Here is the QLD U19 side that took on the NSW U19 side in the Origin curtain raiser on may 26th.

1. Germaine Paulsen (Wests)
2. Josh Tatupu (Norths)
3. Charles Vis (Redcliffe)
4. Wallace Solomona (North Qld)
5. Donald Malone (Wests)
6. Aaron Lewis (Souths Logan)
7. Berrick Barnes (Toowoomba)
8. Sam Thaiday (Toowoomba)
9. Aaron Kuskey (Norths)
10. Tom Learoyd (Toowoomba)
11. Neville Costigan (Toowoomba)
12. Gavin Cooper (Redcliffe)
13. Tee Levu (Toowoomba/Wests)
Interchange
14. Matthew Scott (North Qld)
15. Joe Clarke (Wests)
16. Sam Tagatese (Norths)
17. Darren Rogers (Norths)

As you can see, the number 10 was Learoyd, it's all over Aqua_Duck, he is a Maroon now.

Nah that doesn't mean anything

Hoffman played for QLD under 19's or under 17's but he'll play NSW if he ever makes the senior team

macavity

Referee
so they nick PNGans, Kiwis, Fijians.... and now the bloody QLD wants to nick blues too...?

firkin 'ell.....

Kiwi

First Grade
macavity said:
so they nick PNGans, Kiwis, Fijians.... and now the bloody QLD wants to nick blues too...?

firkin 'ell.....

Learoyd is the one who said he wanted to play for QLD, and he'll get his wish.

Brook, the fact he turned down several other NRL clubs to join the Broncos and has pledged his allegance to the Maroon jumper says he'll be a Maroon.

aqua_duck

Coach
How can he be a Maroon, he played his junior football in NSW, surely eligibility rules will prevent him from playing for the maroons, he didn't even move to Queensland until this year if I'm not mistaken. He's a Werris Creek jnr if I'm not mistaken and went to school in Tamworth, since when have they been part of QLD?

Sonny Bill Williams and Willie Tonga have both represented NSW at under age level, yet they won't be playing for NSW.

brook

First Grade
Rob Farah is the obvious one for us with Bronson Harrison and Liam Fulton close behind

but I say watch out for Simon Greally - if he gets a run (being stuck at fullback behind hodgo its not a certainty but he will make a play for a wing spot) he will make waves

aqua_duck

Coach
Grantwhy said:
It's not junor football that affects eligibility, it's senor football (from about 16?/17?).
Well he's only had one season at Toomwoomba this year aged 18. He was still in NSW at 16 or 17.

Bench
Bronson Harrison he is going places,will be a Kiwi international in 05 or 06.

Latest posts