What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Picking the Blues halfback

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
At the moment, id go with 7.Wallace and 6.Anasta. Wallaces calm and strong head will suit him for Origin, plus he is tough.

Just to throw another name out there, Feleti Mateo. I wouldnt pick him as 1st choice 5/8, maybe 4th, but just keeping his name in mind.

Lime_Green

Juniors
Wallace and Pearce are the form halves. But both risky...

Carney is a 5/8th and won't play SOO until he gets back there IMO.

nqboy

First Grade
1. Brett Stewart
3. Jarryd Hayne
4. Mark Gasnier
6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Mitchel Pearce / Scott Dureau
8. Willie Mason
9. Danny Buderus
10. Paul Gallen
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Anthony Watmough
13. Greg Bird

14. Kurt Gidley
I hope the NSW selectors see it your way. Please. We will destroy that forward pack.

Serc

First Grade
Scott Dureau
:lol:

awesome joke!

(In my opinion) Mullo has been good so far this year - Dureau has been better. If he plays like this for another month or two people will be talking about him like they are about Wallace now.

adamkungl

Immortal
1. Brett Stewart
3. Jarryd Hayne
4. Mark Gasnier
6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Mitchel Pearce / Scott Dureau
8. Willie Mason
9. Danny Buderus
10. Paul Gallen
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Anthony Watmough
13. Greg Bird

14. Kurt Gidley

masons no prop. gallens a scummy piece of crap. hindmarsh is both overrated and past it. watmough is a bigger choker than orford.

D

Deleted member 10972

IMO Wallace, Mullen, Carney, Anasta, Finch are all 5-8's. All bar Anasta have only being playing halfback this year at various times because they had to. We learnt last year that Mullen may be a good player but isn't a rep level half. Don't try and transform a young FG 5-8 into a rep level, it never works. All bar Anasta have had success at halfback (mainly because Braith is a different sort of 5-8), but i still feel they aren't halfbacks.

IMO, the Anzac test halves on form should be Anasta and Prince. Anasta should then sit out of CvC. Finch, Orford & Kimmorley should be steered as far away from as possible.

That would mean in CvC they should pick Mullen, Soward, Pearce, Wallace, Carney all in the mix, and see how they go. Soward & Pearce are the only genuine halfbacks in there though.

LOL@souffs fans thinking Craig Wing would be NSW halfback. Luckily you have that quality NZ halfback Jeremy Smiff. Great player he is!

Butters

Bench
Minichiello
Lawrence
Gasnier
Hayne
Stewart
Anasta
Kimmorley
White
Farah
Mason
Laffranchi
Hoffman
Bird

Watmough
Kite
Bailey
Gidley/Pearce

Good combination of old and new, and if Mini's not going good at fullback just put Stewart or Gidley there.

BeeeeeRad

Juniors
as it seems this has gone from nsw halves to nsw team here is mine on current form (and maybe a bit of bias)

1 Minichiello
2 stewart
3 gasnier
4 lawrence
5 hayne
6 anasta
7 pearce
8 bailey
9 farah
10 o'meley
11 tupou
12 mason
13 mateo

14 kite
15 white
16 hoffman
17 gidley

perverse

Referee
(In my opinion) Mullo has been good so far this year - Dureau has been better. If he plays like this for another month or two people will be talking about him like they are about Wallace now.
correct. dureau has been absolutely fantastic, much better than mullen this year tbh... and that's not to say mullen has been playing poorly either.

the plan at the start of the year was for brian smith to rotate the halfback position between mullen, walsh and dureau... however it looks as though scotty has forced smiths hand... you can't drop a bloke who is playing excellent football.

having said all that i'm hardly convinced he's ready for origin football. maybe in a year or 2.

Karmawave

Bench
correct. dureau has been absolutely fantastic, much better than mullen this year tbh... and that's not to say mullen has been playing poorly either.

the plan at the start of the year was for brian smith to rotate the halfback position between mullen, walsh and dureau... however it looks as though scotty has forced smiths hand... you can't drop a bloke who is playing excellent football.

having said all that i'm hardly convinced he's ready for origin football. maybe in a year or 2.

If Scott Dureau ever plays Origin in the next 5 years, I'll walk backwards from Homebush to Brisbane in between Origin games.

Johns Magic

Referee
1. Minichiello
2. Stewart
3. Monaghan
4. Gasnier
5. Hayne
6. Anasta
7. Wallace
8. O'Meley
9. Farah
10. Cross
11. Laffranchi
12. Mason
13. Bird

14. Bailey
15. Tupou
16. Mateo
17. Paterson

adamkungl

Immortal
1. Stewart
2. Minichiello (I did this as they both deserve to be there, and Minichiello is more qualified to play wing imo)
3. Lawrence
4. Gasnier
5. Hayne
6. Anasta
7. Pearce
8. Bailey
9. Farah
10. Cross
11. Laffranchi
12. Fitzgibbon
13. Bird

14. Mason