What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Piggins backs Rabbitoh move

DIEHARD

----
nospam49™ said:
Ah Souths.....it brings the nospam49 back to his very first posts on any message board over at OZLeague.

At one point when describing Souths I used the phrase "Eat the a***hole out of a dead dog". :D

Newsflash, no one cares.

Bumble

First Grade
nospam49™ said:
Ah Souths.....it brings the nospam49 back to his very first posts on any message board over at OZLeague.

At one point when describing Souths I used the phrase "Eat the a***hole out of a dead dog". :D

What kind of self-indulgent tosser refers to himself in 3rd person?

Bumble

First Grade
AlexM said:
i still dont understand why they have been re-admitted to the NRL!

Because we are the 2nd oldest team, we have won the most premierships and our fan base is one of the largest in the game?

15 years of failure, and still a crowd average of over 10,000. I think that's pretty good.

DIEHARD

----
nospam49™ said:
See how people get offended because I have a personality.

Its so funny! :lol:

No we just think you are a wanker and an all round joke of a human being.

bartman

Immortal
I think we'll see a different side of this on Friday with the 16th team announcement. Richardson is a smart operator, and with Piggins the traditionalist icon is saying people should look at a move it could be on?

If the Central Coast is still "teamless" after the announcement, and if Norths start throwing a legal tantrum, then its in the Rabbotoh's longer term interests to plan to fill the CC void, relocating within the next five years. Planning it properly and in consultation with the central coast community (the same way the Bears were doing it), it is bound to become accepted and a lot more sucessfully than the Northern Eagles debacle.

DIEHARD

----
nospam49™ said:
If you get so worked up over me...ad me to your ignore list.

It isn't Christmas yet Geek.

I might consider giving you that present closer to the festive season.

mightybears

Bench
dodge said:
Couldn't help yourself could you DIEHARD

And we deathride the GC bid... :rolleyes:

deathrider strikes again
need a lesson in souths politics, diehard

pick anyone at random outside redfern station and they'd have more understanding of the internecine screamfest that is piggins v the juniors

no option 4 means castle piggins [souths leagues] is doomed, the power shift to the souths juniors is all but sealed and if souths comes back to souths territory to play home matches after the telstra deal expires, it will be at aussie stadium or a re development near the juniors

george has been a loyal soldier for souths for years, but no redfern future damages his power base [the leagues club that has contributed bugger all to the football team in 20 years]

his souths to gosford call, is about his mob grabbing some of the nrl gosford bribe money, the man would hate to see souths leave sydney, many souths fans would argue he'd hate the juniors getting the whole box n dice even more

DIEHARD

----
dodge said:
Couldn't help yourself could you DIEHARD

And we deathride the GC bid... :rolleyes:

DIEHARD said:
Idiot this is a Souths issue. And I am against the Rabbitohs relocating to the Central Coast, a move seen by many as cutting off Norths only chance of reinstatement.

This thread is about Souths. You must be the dopiest merkin on LU. :lol:

mightybears said:
deathrider strikes again

You'd be up there in the semi finals for dopiest merkin on LU as well.

mightybears

Bench
the thread is about souths and the central coast
the thread is entitled "piggins backs rabbitoh move" to the central coast

love that bears sig, diehard
go the bears

Hindyscrack

Bench
Souths another 6000 crowd on the weekend. Move to the CC before you die a slow death. Pride of the league my ass, Embarrassment of the League more like it.

doctor death

Juniors
Hindyscrack said:
Souths another 6000 crowd on the weekend. Move to the CC before you die a slow death. Pride of the league my ass, Embarrassment of the League more like it.

Actually, that was the Gold Coast's average over their existence. So, Hindy's, pointless bringing in a Gold Coast team. Thanks mate.

OVP said:
But you see, it was Piggins' incompetance that led to Souths being thrown out in the first place. Also Piggins may have been the "media figurehead" that led Souths in their fightback, but Nick Pappas was the lawyer, working for free for sometimes 12-15 hours a day that actually found the loophole in the law that was the real cause of their re-admittance. They were only re-admitted because they won their appeal, courtesy of Pappas.

I can empathise with Souths fans who are angry at Piggins, despite the great things he did for the club in the past.

Down here, Bob Millward lead the successful Illawarra bid in 1980. He remained as the club CEO for the entire 17 seasons in the top flight and managed to see us bend over for St George instead of developing into the power house we should of been.

Just like Piggins, he should of known the time to step aside for someone younger and more in touch with the real world of business, someone actually qualified for the role, and he would of been remembered as the club life member who got us into the big time... rather than end up hated and blamed for our demise.

Ego is a dangerous thing. When the wrong person is in charge of a football club (which is scarily more likely to happen than with a company) the fate of that club is sealed (ie... RIP).

Whilst George Piggins did some great things for Souths, he also did more damage than good.

Latest posts