What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Piggy poised to fly back home to Parramatta

EelDredd

Juniors
CULT figure Mark ''Piggy'' Riddell is set for a return to the NRL next season - and with his former club, the Parramatta Eels.
A trimmed-down Riddell has been in rare form for Wigan and the hooker's management has been in negotiations with Eels coach Daniel Anderson, who as recently as Friday indicated a strong interest in bringing the 29-year-old home.
Riddell is excited at the prospect of returning to the club he played 86 matches for over four seasons. It's understood he would fill a utility role, shifting between the back row and his favoured position of hooker.
The Eels have already lost 2009 star hooker Kevin Kingston and will be without gun rookie Kris Keating in 2011, opening the door for Riddell to return after two years in the English Super League. Wigan have already approved a release from the final year of his contract.
''I think their priority is to get a world-class halfback. However, I remain hopeful, as Mark always enjoyed his time at Parramatta and he still knows most of the personnel,'' said Riddell's manager, Darryl Mather, who confirmed he'd held discussions with the club.
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...y-back-home-to-parramatta-20100807-11pf1.html

TheParraboy

Staff member
Not a bad move, If he has trimmed down a bit he can probably play more minutes, alternating between hooker and backrower

We can expect this signing next Wendesday?

Fathead

Bench
Ive been watching him play for Wigan... Stands at dummy half and passes and walks to the next play. Will add nothing to the team.
What a step in the wrong direction !
How about a young dynamic player like Mitchell ??
We are fast becoming the 'dads army' team in the NRL.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Ive been watching him play for Wigan... Stands at dummy half and passes and walks to the next play. Will add nothing to the team.
What a step in the wrong direction !
How about a young dynamic player like Mitchell ??
We are fast becoming the 'dads army' team in the NRL.

He did that at Parramatta, too, tbh...

I like Piggy, but FMD this would be a bad move.

Eelectrica

Referee
As long as he doesn't use too much cap space, it might be handy signing.
Hope we're still shopping for a half decent 7.

Fathead

Bench
No apparently its a done deal. We are like the super league of the NRL. Look for scott Donald and Brett Delaney to contact us for a deal too. How about Brett Dallas - is he still playing - he was great in his day... maybe Wally Lewis can strap on a boot too ????
We are a friggen rabble.

Fathead

Bench
The only ex parra player in super league that I want is Pat Richards. - An excellent player and good goal kicker.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Yeah but SLOW... Jennings would zoom past him and be able to have a shower and change into evening wear before Delaney could even think about a tackle.

True. But I'd play him at lock.

Also, apparently Pat Richards is Wests Tigers bound in 2011...

boxhead

First Grade
Funny you guys say this is a bad move, when I've been hearing off lots of people who watch super league that he has been tearing them up at hooker.....
Would do well as a utility, and would actually help our young dummy half Matt Keating; Matt has shown glimpses of his past brilliance in our wins against the Cowboys and Bulldogs, so next year under Piggy's tutelage he would do well.

Gronk

Staff member
An energetic Piggy darting from the ruck, putting grubbers into the ingoal for repeat sets and barging through the line in the final 20 mins as a backrower is a good move. The sloth that played with us in his last year is a bad one.

Djay

Juniors
Like you guys have said this could be a really bad move or it could be decent.

But if it was me I'd be giving Mitchell a go before anything ATM. If he is any decent I wouldn't have MK anywhere near FG as I don't rate him and I'd look at Riddell then.

Latest posts