What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PJ Injured?

strider

Post Whore
eela (i think?) posted somewhere in another thread that PJ had minor surgery to clean up an small ankle injury but it would not impact him being ready for the start of the season

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
they always have it on good authority till it turns out to be bullsh*t

parra pete

Referee
P J was supposed to be part of the Eels on Wheels to come to Hay last week, but didn't make it..Only Hindy and Josh Cordoba...

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
Oh well, injuries will always occur....it will allow someone else to step up....and if we are gonna be a real threat this year, it will depend on how these fringe first graders do the job when given the oppertunity.

NT_Eelsfan

Juniors
join the bandwagon said:
dw. riddell can play 80

nooooooooooooooooooooooooo

id rather have Ridell as Hooker for 30 minutes or so then bring on PJ and use Ridell as a second rower for the rest of the match

PJ is awesome in attack

i love his tackles on big forwards e.g. Webcke

TheGodFather

Juniors
join the bandwagon said:
dw. riddell can play 80

hmmm well, yes he can play 80 but not as effectively.

when piggy comes on in spurts its much more helpful for the team. No good having an 80 min man if he is walking and unable to make busts or tackles.

PJ is crucial for us in 2007, more than most think. We need that extra spark and he always seems to create something out of nothing.

Man I am worried about our chances this year, first time in a few years I am this concerned.

The Colonel

Immortal
As I understand the "injury" was an operation to clan out an old ankle injury. He won't miss the start of the season...

Stagger eel

Staff member
I just found out from DK that he did actually injure his ankle at training but there's no clear diognosis of the extent of injury.

fingers crossed he doesn't miss too many games.

bartman

Immortal
We're a lot less effective without the PJ option. Does make it interesting to think who'll be next in line for that role on the bench, if PJ or Riddell are ever injured/unavailable? We have to make sure that person gets the chance to develop as the year goes on, in case we need them at a crucial time.

Stagger eel

Staff member
bartman said:
We're a lot less effective without the PJ option. Does make it interesting to think who'll be next in line for that role on the bench, if PJ or Riddell are ever injured/unavailable? We have to make sure that person gets the chance to develop as the year goes on, in case we need them at a crucial time.

it's kinda been like that since 2005, except this time Matt Keating is a year older and wiser. Matt's a good little footballer but may struggle with the pace of NRL and he is our next choice Hooker/Benchy as Blake is at half so both need to imo play all three trial matches.

bartman

Immortal
Yep, they need to start getting tastes of the big time, to help them get ready for it in the future.

The Older Keating at Hooker goes really well. We will struggle to hang on to him if he keeps playing the way he does.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Jake the snake said:
The Older Keating at Hooker goes really well. We will struggle to hang on to him if he keeps playing the way he does.

with Pig and PJ in front of him, exactly.

I thought Matt played well in the GF and might put a bit of preasure on the older more experiance guys infront of him, lets hope so anyway.

Latest posts